Olympic Breakdancing

Vegas64

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Good breakdancing with dynamic, kinetic moves is fun to watch. I caught some of the Olympics competition, not just the embarassing Aussie intersectional gender studies woman, and it was low quality. Like when USA basketball sent college players instead of the Dream Team. 

I agree.  I was a big fan of the show "So you Think You Can Dance" and loved all of the urban, Hip-Hop styles.  This was, uh, not that.  The few women I saw yesterday wouldn't have made the first cut.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Live on nbc now. So the guys are pretty good

OK.  I'm going in.  We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Good breakdancing with dynamic, kinetic moves is fun to watch. I caught some of the Olympics competition, not just the embarassing Aussie intersectional gender studies woman, and it was low quality. Like when USA basketball sent college players instead of the Dream Team. 

that's the thing...this stuff can be spectacular and highly entertaining! these acts aren't even close. i've watched lots of So You Think You Can Dance and World of Dance...the dancers on there are infinitely better than this crap 😝 

i mean this would be better than 'artistic swimming' but we're not even on the same ballpark lol

maybe nobody took it seriously this year.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I imagine the best part was Snoop Dogg coming out with the stick that they tap three times before start of action each day.  Would have been even better if he Crip walked out there.

qjJGAy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, staboner said:

i can't enough of Raygun. the memes are fantastic

raygun3.jpg

Good sir, on behalf of the group I openly encourage you to provide more data to back your point. Sure, I've see the video, but your cames of amazing memes are unfounded with supporting evidence. In other words, pics or it didn't happen, please.

And for the record, I think a more appropriate headline for that last pics is, "She did the mash, the monster mash!"

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At last, Raygun is No.1.

Australian breakdancer Rachael Gunn, known as B-Girl Raygun, failed to score a single point at the Paris Olympics with her viral performances, but she's the one laughing now. According to the new rankings released by the World DanceSport Federation, the governing body for breakdancing, Raygun is now the No. 1 female breaker in the world.

https://sports.yahoo.com/viral-olympic-breaker-raygun-now-ranked-no-1-in-the-world-after-bombing-in-paris-150657526.html