Little League World Series

InkaUtexas

52 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I love this event.

Thanks for starting the thread.    Schedule below.   First game noon today,  ESPN.

Boerne (Southwest) is representing Texas.   First game 6PM,  Thursday vs Mid Atlantic (Pa).

Little League World Series scores 2024: Updated bracket, results, how to watch LLWS games live (msn.com)

• Hook 'Em 2

It becomes more apparent every year that the teams eligible to compete in the LLWS aren't really used to the elite 12u pitching.

There was a team from Fossil Creek LL in Fort Worth that was killing everybody until Williamsport shut their season down because something about some of the kids playing to much select ball

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

It becomes more apparent every year that the teams eligible to compete in the LLWS aren't really used to the elite 12u pitching.

There was a team from Fossil Creek LL in Fort Worth that was killing everybody until Williamsport shut their season down because something about some of the kids playing to much select ball

I side with Williamsport. Fuck select ball.

• Hook 'Em 4

Today's games.

Aug. 15
1 p.m. LLBWS Game 5: Japan vs. Puerto Rico on ESPN
3 p.m. LLBWS Game 6: Metro vs. Mountain on ESPN
5 p.m. LLBWS Game 7: Cuba vs. Europe-Africa on ESPN
7 p.m. LLBWS Game 8: Southwest vs. Mid-Atlantic on ESPN

4 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Was that Boerne dad doing the horns down? He's thinking about UT right now?

4 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Did that guy just do the horns down?  Wow

Yea, pretty regarded.

There is another Boerne dad that is worse than the Vandy whistler...

14 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Did that guy just do the horns down?  Wow

2 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

So is Boerne becoming the Katy of San Antonio? 

Excerpt from a story about Seth Johnston.     Lifetime Longhorns Seth,  Russell Moldehauer, and Bradley Suttle were all from Boerne (maybe others, I can't remember)  Also, other aggies and D1 players.   Boerne produces alot of baseball talent for a small city, I think population is about 20K. 

Keep an eye on Boerne's last pitcher,  Julian Hurst.   K'd 10 and had a grand slam in the tourn champ game in Waco.  Maybe already on college teams' radar.

Growing up in Boerne back then, almost everybody was an Aggie fan. My best friend in high school ended up going to Texas A&M to play baseball. Growing up as a native Texan, you pay attention to Texas, Texas A&M and, because my mom was from Lubbock and my dad played football at Texas Tech, I also paid some attention to Texas Tech.

https://texaslonghorns.com/news/2019/8/20/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-seth-johnston.aspx

9 minutes ago, torre said:

Excerpt from a story about Seth Johnston.     Lifetime Longhorns Seth,  Russell Moldehauer, and Bradley Suttle were all from Boerne (maybe others, I can't remember)  Also, other aggies and D1 players.   Boerne produces alot of baseball talent for a small city, I think population is about 20K. 

Keep an eye on Boerne's last pitcher,  Julian Hurst.   K'd 10 and had a grand slam in the tourn champ game in Waco.  Maybe already on college teams' radar.

Growing up in Boerne back then, almost everybody was an Aggie fan. My best friend in high school ended up going to Texas A&M to play baseball. Growing up as a native Texan, you pay attention to Texas, Texas A&M and, because my mom was from Lubbock and my dad played football at Texas Tech, I also paid some attention to Texas Tech.

https://texaslonghorns.com/news/2019/8/20/t-association-what-it-means-to-be-a-longhorn-seth-johnston.aspx

C'mon Torre!

Don't forget Dougie Hodo!!😀

Prior to Seth coming to UT, the 'Hounds were getting ready for the state tourney.

My wife and I happened to be back in town visiting my folks. We would always go the high school cuz the Mrs. wanted to get in a track workout. I saw the team practicing (weird for a weekend) and walked over to the ballfield to watch them scrimmage. After about 10-15 minutes, the coach came over and in a round about way asked what I was doing, I had to disappoint him by telling him I was just an old alum and former ball player that was just taking in practice. He laughed cuz he thought I was someone from their next opponent scouting them out.

Oh, and Russell's dad was one of my high school coaches.  CSB and all that 😛

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

So is Boerne becoming the Katy of San Antonio? 

Not becoming. It is. 

35 minutes ago, torre said:

Boerne produces alot of baseball talent for a small city, I think population is about 20K. 

They recruit north SA like motherfuckers. There’s a reason they had strong high school teams despite a little league that had done nothing up until this year.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:53 PM, miguelito said:

Was that Boerne dad doing the horns down? He's thinking about UT right now?

A later shot of horns-down dad and blond mom showed them sitting next to a guy in an aggy cap. Rent-free at the LLWS, but it's a little more cringey, given the circumstances.

Yankees and Tigers visit this afternoon and play at 6PM at the local minor league park.   Always great to see the interaction between the MLB players and Little Leaguers.

Boerne plays Florida,  Monday at 6PM,  preceded by Hawaii vs Nevada, 2PM.   Should be two great games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Hayduke said:

A later shot of horns-down dad and blond mom showed them sitting next to a guy in an aggy cap. Rent-free at the LLWS, but it's a little more cringey, given the circumstances.

For reference...

Edited by boilerhorn
getting embed to work
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/15/2024 at 8:19 PM, torre said:

Excerpt from a story about Seth Johnston.     Lifetime Longhorns Seth,  Russell Moldehauer, and Bradley Suttle were all from Boerne (maybe others, I can't remember) 

*Moldenhomer

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

In the Japan-Venezuela game, a Japanese hitter was HBP while his left foot was clearly ON the plate … but, only the TV announcers saw it.

Careful you will invoke a certain yankee player who will tell us all these MLB Classic is rigged and should never be played.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Player?  I thought George Costanza was Mr Steinbrenner’s diminutive flunky 

Sorry typed that while trying to stay awake on a boring conference call.

BT LLWS. Taiwan Grand Slam for the lead vs. Cuba. Kid nailed that one to Center.

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Sorry typed that while trying to stay awake on a boring conference call.

BT LLWS. Taiwan Grand Slam for the lead vs. Cuba. Kid nailed that one to Center.

Hit an eye high pitch … just like the previous one that he took for a ball.  He wasn’t gonna take another …

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Embarrassing to see all the kids in this game who are just trying to draw a walk or get a HBP...

Do you even sabermetrics bro. Walking and driving up pitch counts is how the game is played now, entertainment be damned.