Little League World Series

InkaUtexas

12 hours ago, torre said:

I previously mentioned the Boerne pitcher,  Julian Hurst.    Someone tell Schloss to write his name down for the c/o 2030.

Boerne vs Nevada,  2PM,  Wed (US semifinal) 

There’s a long list of LLWS stars that don’t even play baseball anymore by the time they finish high school. I’d pump the brakes.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/15/2024 at 8:12 PM, tejas60 said:

So is Boerne becoming the Katy of San Antonio? 

Boerne Champion has been pretty solid at baseball and decent at football but they are not a powerhouse.

Their youth baseball program has always been really good but keep in mind that they are fairly new to Little League so haven't been around long enough to make a splash in the LL world.

My oldest played a season of PONY baseball at the BYAA back when they were a PONY league. It was probably the most competitive youth baseball league at the time. It's been less than a decade since they made the switch to LL.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Boerne Champion has been pretty solid at baseball and decent at football but they are not a powerhouse.

Their youth baseball program has always been really good but keep in mind that they are fairly new to Little League so haven't been around long enough to make a splash in the LL world.

My oldest played a season of PONY baseball at the BYAA back when they were a PONY league. It was probably the most competitive youth baseball league at the time. It's been less than a decade since they made the switch to LL.

Boerne HS has replaced Champion as the school for athletes in that town. For all of Champion’s existence the opposite was true.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, F250 said:

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Boerne Little League is celebrating it's 60th year this year (started in 1964).

I grew up in Boerne in the 70's. This was waaay before Champion, as Sam was still a lifeguard at the swimming pool.

If you played high school ball, you had an automatic in to umpire the little league and pony league games, $4 bucks for behind the plate and $3 for the infield. If your partner didn't show up, you got the full $7.  High cotton.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Boerne Little League is celebrating it's 60th year this year (started in 1964).

I grew up in Boerne in the 70's. This was waaay before Champion, as Sam was still a lifeguard at the swimming pool.

If you played high school ball, you had an automatic in to umpire the little league and pony league games, $4 bucks for behind the plate and $3 for the infield. If your partner didn't show up, you got the full $7.  High cotton.

BYAA switched from PONY to Little League in the mid-teens. My kid played there in 2010 when it was a PONY league. I don't have any experience with BYAA prior to the 2000s so no idea what was going on in the 70's. I just remember they announced that they would be joining Little League around the time my youngest left Little League baseball.

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

BYAA switched from PONY to Little League in the mid-teens. My kid played there in 2010 when it was a PONY league. I don't have any experience with BYAA prior to the 2000s so no idea what was going on in the 70's. I just remember they announced that they would be joining Little League around the time my youngest left Little League baseball.

You must be talking about a different BYAA cuz like I said, the Boerne Youth Athletic Association (a nonprofit) has had little league In Boerne since 1964. Not just the last decade. 

13 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You must be talking about a different BYAA cuz like I said, the Boerne Youth Athletic Association (a nonprofit) has had little league In Boerne since 1964. Not just the last decade. 

I found the announcement from when they made the switch and announced that they would start playing in Little League the Spring of 2015.

Hau83ai.thumb.jpg.92281659b084493af8e1b9e4e64d6c22.jpg

Or you could read where it says reestablish with LL and make the obvious inference that they were LL in your day then switched to PONY then switched back to LL in 2015.

But pay no attention to me if you'd rather just keep shitposting even after receipts were posted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Y'all got robbed.  I was getting $12-15 per game in Denton, even on the bases.

Also, that Owen Wilson LLWS movie looks terrible.

• Haha 1

5-2 final.   Super job Boerne !      USA Championship Final,  Sat, 2:30 vs Florida/Hawaii.

Great move by the Boerne coach in the 2d inning,  bases loaded,  brings in reliever with soft breaking ball for 2 batters, and finishes the game with his gunners. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

So Nevada is eliminated after just one loss, while another one loss team will still get a chance at the title? That’s dumb. 

Nevada is not eliminated and still might rematch with Texas on saturday. Damn it, torre

Edited by Helobious

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So Nevada is eliminated after just one loss, while another one loss team will still get a chance at the title? That’s dumb. 

Nevada is not eliminated and still might rematch with Texas on saturday. Damn it, torre

My bad !

Florida vs Hawaii, tonight 6PM,  winner vs Nevada 6PM Thurs.

https://www.littleleague.org/world-series/2024/llbws/tournaments/world-series/#schedule

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

But yeah, that could happen to boerne.

could be them vs a team they’ve beaten already but if they lose Saturday, they go home.

(Also f CBS/Wichita St.)

• Hook 'Em 1