I’ve got a magic time machine

tokamak

On 8/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

I'd go back to the mid 80s and spend a day with my mom before her cancer diagnosis, just hanging out.  And I'd tell my dad that "one of these days" never comes, so he'd better take her to the mountains and those other trips they had planned right damn then.

Never had any desire to go to Hawaii but Mom did and I wish I had taken her there just once. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 8:41 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Can I go to early 1984 and tell Fred to not bother putting a punt returner on the field?

Or, just run onto the field, wearing a Red shirt, just after the ball is kicked, causing interference on the play and leading them to have to kick it again.

You can't expect me to believe anyone could convince Fred to change his mind. But you could change the play.

On 8/15/2024 at 8:14 PM, tokamak said:

Pretty much.

Personally I think my answer would be the future, but not the far future. Say year 4000 or so. Manhattan island. Just out of pure curiosity. A shitload is gonna change in 2000 years. Will humans even be around. Could also grab whatever technology you could see and bring it back to try to reverse engineer. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQper1hCT-o6pL-xYiDcKT

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Well, imagine not just being able to say that, but to be able to prove it. 

You think people who have believed that story for all these two thousand plus years are not gonna just brush that off with "well that's just the devil at work" or something like that.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

16 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

You think people who have believed that story for all these two thousand plus years are not gonna just brush that off with "well that's just the devil at work" or something like that.  

You think people who have dismissed the contemporary accounts of the events are going to just believe them with "well, that's the proof we needed" or something like that.

• Hook 'Em 1