It Ends With Us

Can somebody, anybody,  hopefully one of surly female arts critics, explain what the hell is going on with this movie?

I listened to a 45 minutes of the Big Picture podcast on it and it’s a lot of: I didn’t watch the trailer so I didn’t expect this, Blake Lively fashion choices, and the lead actor/director’s solo press tour. 2 work spouses water cooling on a movie. 

The best I can tell, the director turned a post 50 Shades of Gray novel into a 90 rom-com with a dark 30 minute twist.

Girlfriend drug me last weekend, typical drama/chick flick romance film. Honestly it wasn’t awful. Just not super interesting to me. 5.8/10.
My fiance reads books from the author of the book this movie was adapted from. She's not too excited to see it and believes it would be better as a straight to Netflix movie.

So Blake Lively is the star of the movie and the director who is also her co-star is being iced out of the movie by Blake and all the co-stars and the writer of the book the movie is based on for an unknown reason.

The rumors are that the director wanted the marketing to be more serious and promote awareness about domestic violence because it happens in the movie. But Blake Lively and her husband Ryan Reynolds took control of the movie and rewrote a bunch of screens and their edit made the Final Cut because Ryan is Deadpool and can basically do what he wants. The director was pissed the marketing of the movie had it seeming like a romantic comedy while Blake was promoting her new hair care line instead of being promoted as a serious movie highlighting the issue of domestic violence. 

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Hope you got a beej out of it. 

That's always my condition when a woman wants to drag me to some romcom bullshit.

On Halloween day 1998 while watching Texas Nebraska, I turned to my girlfriend and said if Texas wins we can go to whatever movie you want.  That's why I found myself later that night sitting in a theater watching the cinematic classic that was Practical Magic.

I doubt I'll have another day of such highs and lows ever again.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Hope you got a beej out of it. 

That's always my condition when a woman wants to drag me to some romcom bullshit.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

im sure he blows his 'gf' on the reg 

She’s literally hotter than anyone either of you have ever been with. But whatever makes you feel better I guess

7 hours ago, Not a cat said:

On Halloween day 1998 while watching Texas Nebraska, I turned to my girlfriend and said if Texas wins we can go to whatever movie you want.  That's why I found myself later that night sitting in a theater watching the cinematic classic that was Practical Magic.

I doubt I'll have another day of such highs and lows ever again.

Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman in their prime and always good Stockard Channing.  I like that movie and have watched it a number of times, but I never paid for it in a theatre.