2024 fuck fantasy football

Firemans4Horn

Josh Palmer for the Chargers has been mentioned across several podcasts I’ve heard. 

I have pick 3 in a 10 person PPR league where there’s lots of dead money. Zero RB approach worked well last year so I’ll probably be doing it again. 

Drafted in my auction league today. I really like my team but the metrics don't. It's a single keeper league and keeper value starts at 35/200 budget and goes up 5 every additional year a player is kept. I kept Josh Allen for 35. Our league also pays out for MVP and he/we won that last year, and it wasn't close. Hurts was 2nd and CMC 3rd. The metrics don't really like teams built around QBs. My 2 top backs are Etienne and Mostert. PPR league and they were 3rd and 2nd last year in RB scoring in this league. I know A'Chane got hurt last year but Mostert scored 21 TDs and is still running with the starters. I can't understand why he's so cheap this year. 

Guy I really like this year but was unable to grab him because another team with more in their coffers also really liked him: Terry McLaurin

Rookies I like: Ray Davis, Jaylen Wright , Kimani Vidal, Brian Thomas JR, Keon Coleman, Xavier Worthy

Disclaimer. I haven't made the playoffs since probably the Obama administration. 

Have landed in the money every year of my 5k/10k league but have yet to win.  Went with Gibbs/Saquon and picked up Kamara later.  Hope the recieving RB's come through in PPR.  Fucking 11th draft spot in 12 team league.  And same asshole got McCaffrey again with the top pick.  B2B.  

On 8/25/2024 at 12:19 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Reached for Cook in the 2nd  and my WRs paid for it. Didn’t want any part of Richardson, but he fell to R7 after a run and Daniels went R5.

2RB

3WR .5 PPR

Bijan (3)

Cook

Nico

McBride

Ridley

Reed

Gus Edwards/

Hubbard/

Coleman Flex, and a weak bench

Have you looked into wicks wide out from green bay?

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Thoughts on my team? Completely forgot about my draft so it auto drafted 6 RBs so I was able to make some waiver claims including Justin Herbert

image.thumb.png.80c6c08065b2725b6626bb42f79fc3b0.png

Should I add or drop any players for any of these?

image.thumb.png.047f5f5c6985807e908b720394315eb7.png

image.thumb.png.1c2c67232c29759d666e0b55c301913c.png

That is a fantastic team from auto draft. Ten teams?

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

That is a fantastic team from auto draft. Ten teams?

Yeah 10 teams. 

image.png.8e0cd8e538e21a3582d8a884f15ca28e.png

I picked up these 3 on waviers but made some more changes such as:

Dropping Jaleel McLaughlin for Bengals D/ST
Adding TJ Hockerson from FA to my IR for later in season

Someone dropped Rome Odounze so I'm thinking of picking him up and maybe dropping Thielan but that would give me two Bears receivers.

• Hook 'Em 1

With the AJ Dillon news, hopefully people are drafting Marshawn Lloyd. Also if you drafted either Mostert or Achane, you should be drafting Jaylen Wright if you can. For post week 1 wire pickups, I'm paying attention to Diyami Brown, also Adonai Mitchell and Jermaine Burton. 

Don’t think you need to carry 2 QBs in a 10 team league, especially if you drafted Burrow.  Definitely don’t need to carry two defenses. 

I’d drop Burrow, one of the D/ST, and Thielan and pick up some upside WRs and RBs. Odunze, Josh Palmer, Doubs. I actually think McLaughlin is a good upside pick at RB too. 

Picked 6th in a 1/2 PPR $500 entry 12 team league. Got to keep Kyran Williams for our 7th:

Jordan Love

Gibbs

K Williams

Kenneth walker

olave

Higgins

devanta smith

bowers

Browns

chubb

odunze

Trey benson

Mooney

shafir

fire away

Worthy or Keon Coleman?

Both 1st round WRs with great QBs. Worthy is more highly thought of but has way more competition for targets. 

Am I wrong in thinking Coleman has the higher ceiling this season and X the higher floor?

*Brian Thomas could be added to this question, Good QB, limited options etc 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

we're not even 48 hrs from our family draft that consists of 5 wives and the husbands have already had 2 spouts on our group text about league settings.

one wants waiver bids because all of us have so much time to conduct an auction for samjei perine. todays scuffle was how O/OUT players were being put on IR instead of just IR players. this is a non keeper league that costs like $35 to get in.  at this point if you land on IR youre probably playing  only 2 valuable weeks max. do people actually give a shit about OUTS going to the IR to free up a roster spot to someone whos 98.2% chance of not even cracking your line up or becoming an impact player. ive been in fantasy leagues for 20 years and always just wrote off if your guy is out, whether hes IR or out 3 weeks with a broken toe...you can add insurance until that guy comes back

fuck fantasy football

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

On 9/2/2024 at 7:14 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

.5 PPR Flex:

Odunze v. Tenn or Javonte Williams at Sea? 

On 9/3/2024 at 5:15 AM, MrX said:

Gotta go Javonte. Probably need to give the Bears a look against live competition before proceeding - lots of mouths to feed. 

Where's the 'Shoot 'em both' option?