Colt McCoy retires from the NFL and joins NBC as a Big Ten analyst

Machinator

• Machinator changed the title to Colt McCoy retires from the NFL and joins NBC as a Big Ten analyst
36 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

$27m in career earnings to carry a clipboard doesn't suck.

TBF, that clipboard beat the ever-living-shit out of him some years. Broke some of his bones as well.

Beware of the clipboard on teams with horrible OLs!

• Hook 'Em 3

He’s my favorite Longhorn ever and he inspired me to start playing football in middle school. 

CSB: I was religious as a youth, and Colt had by far the best and most inspirational “I am Second” testimonial out of any of them. I still watch it occasionally 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

A lot of feels watching that video.  I think '08 hurts more than '09.  Getting banged up on the field of play doesn't sting as much as getting turbo-fucked by a shitty system and shitty Big 12 refs.  You KNOW Colt would have owned Gata.

Colt is such an easy guy to root for, and he gave us so much.  The Eyes of Texas are always upon him and smiling approvingly.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Interested to see the schedule he gets this year. 
so does NBC’s lead crew (Iagle/Blackledge) get the week off?

Are they going to alternate the “Big Ten Saturday Night” game each week?

or is this a “hey look at our new shiny toy” before they move him to the Peacock games and/or studio for the rest of the year? (Assuming this)

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Interested to see the schedule he gets this year. 
so does NBC’s lead crew (Iagle/Blackledge) get the week off?

Are they going to alternate the “Big Ten Saturday Night” game each week?

or is this a “hey look at our new shiny toy” before they move him to the Peacock games and/or studio for the rest of the year? (Assuming this)

Eagle and Blackledge will be in Brazil for Eagles-Packers that weekend

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Only 2 Qbs in my lifetime ever stepped on the field and I knew we were gonna win  Vince and Colt.  They just owned the field. Leadership. Talent. Skill. Not rattled.  If you were down to your last drive. Either of these 2 were money.    Sam Ehlinger was a close 3rd due to his want and running.  But 100%. Vince and Colt.  

also time flies and we are getting fucking old 

Yeah with turtle Tom as the coach wanting to win by 0.5 points it was not ever ever ever a fucking guarantee. 

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Only 2 Qbs in my lifetime ever stepped on the field and I knew we were gonna win  Vince and Colt.  They just owned the field. Leadership. Talent. Skill. Not rattled.  

You forgot Moxie. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sal said:

I hope he doesn’t get stuck watching the poverty offenses of the legacy Big Ten every week

Beat me to it.

Dude QB'd some of the most prolific offenses in CFB history, but he'll be stuck calling three yards and a cloud of rust every week. Cushy paycheck is a cushy paycheck, I guess. Hook 'Em, Colt!

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

TBF, that clipboard beat the ever-living-shit out of him some years. Broke some of his bones as well.

Beware of the clipboard on teams with horrible OLs!

The full speed hit he took from Harrison was brutal. Colt had to know that shit was going to hurt, stood in the pocket and took it like a fucking man!

• Hook 'Em 1

I will never forget the NFL bography show that followed 3 college seniors going into the Draft in 2010.   Colt was one of the guys, I think Sam was the 2nd but I cant remember who the 3rd was ( it WAS NOT Tebow).

anyway, this show was following Colt on draft day, and the fucking pain and hatred in his eyes when he saw that Tebow had been drafted in the 1st round ahead of him told me all I needed to know.  He knew he was better than Tebow, he knew the Tebow hype was just that.

course he had to wait till the 3rd round and fucking Cleveland POS's to draft him. but that dude had more fight than anyone other than Vince....

Enjoy your 2nd career kid.  you earned it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I miss that era of football so much. Texas versus tOSU I. Texas versus USC. Texas versus Tech in 2008. Texas versus tOSU III. The Big XII was the best conference on the planet. It wasn't just exciting to watch Texas play, every weekend there were always two or three, and sometimes four other conference or conference-related games with national implications even into November. Even the teams that were mid by conference standards were still pretty special, especially in 2008. And the bottom dwellers were pretty much perennially aggy, bible aggy, and little iowa. A lot of what was special about that era was because of Colt Fuckin' McCoy.

Edited by AnotherLawyer
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

anyway, this show was following Colt on draft day, and the fucking pain and hatred in his eyes when he saw that Tebow had been drafted in the 1st round ahead of him told me all I needed to know.  He knew he was better than Tebow, he knew the Tebow hype was just that.

Haha, I remember the behind the scenes stuff on their Heisman ceremony week in NY and got the exact same vibe. Colt and Bradford got along pretty well and seemed like real friends, but it was clear Colt had no tolerance for Tebow’s bullshit. It was hilarious. 

Badass Longhorn.  He’s 1b to VY’s 1a as far as having confidence that your QB is gonna do what it takes to win.  Having a long career as a backup is an accomplishment.  Lot of very talented college guys came and went and would have loved to have stayed in the league like he did.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Colt’s official retirement on his countdown day to start the season.

Such a great leader on the 40, but more important a great human being! Truly wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Getting a little misty in here.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1