Colt McCoy retires from the NFL and joins NBC as a Big Ten analyst

Machinator

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

CSB: I was religious as a youth, and Colt had by far the best and most inspirational “I am Second” testimonial out of any of them. I still watch it occasionally 

I feel compelled to remind you of the 11th Commandment…thou shalt not make shitty predictions.

6 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Only 2 Qbs in my lifetime ever stepped on the field and I knew we were gonna win  Vince and Colt.  They just owned the field. Leadership. Talent. Skill. Not rattled.  If you were down to your last drive. Either of these 2 were money.    Sam Ehlinger was a close 3rd due to his want and running.  But 100%. Vince and Colt.  

also time flies and we are getting fucking old 

No truer words written. As John Madden once said, “He has it. If you don’t know what “it” is then you don’t have it.”

I am so ready for some relatively stress free Texas football again where all I have to worry about will be what the margin of victory will be.

3 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, I remember the behind the scenes stuff on their Heisman ceremony week in NY and got the exact same vibe. Colt and Bradford got along pretty well and seemed like real friends, but it was clear Colt had no tolerance for Tebow’s bullshit. It was hilarious. 

I remember all three of them were promoted as people of faith. Colt and Sam were more of the reserved religious types and Tebow was a Righteous Gemstones type.

On 8/19/2024 at 7:46 PM, mininghorn88 said:

No truer words written. As John Madden once said, “He has it. If you don’t know what “it” is then you don’t have it.”

I am so ready for some relatively stress free Texas football again where all I have to worry about will be what the margin of victory will be.

Colt really had "it."  In a way few other QBs ever had.