A Pedophile Stole My Putter

Dbeasy

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

He might be alive and in jail. Or he might be alive and out of jail. If he’s alive, I want to track this guy down and find out what happened to my putter

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Subscribed. 

I'm not even sure how you approach this.

"Does your Dad have an old MacGregor putter. I believe he stole it from me when I was a 11 yr old kid."

I have a very sophisticated approach in play that will ultimately end in exactly what you describe. 

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

He made a few posts alluding to his nefarious activities. It was after he was busted that some people found his old posts and figured out it was him.

Yes I remember him saying a few things. And Ross was from Westlake, so it sorta made sense that it was really Ross. 

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a very sophisticated approach in play that will ultimately end in exactly what you describe. 

You should demand a DNA match - your anus and the putter grip.  If he’s your guy, the family will suspect it was him and give you the putter.

Back in '86-87ish I "borrowed" my dad's clubs to go play at the rock. A day or two later Dad asked me where his fucking 9 iron was so I called the pro shop and described said (probably Golfsmith) club.

"Yeah it's here. You want your 6 and 4 irons and 3 wood too?"

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If it’s not a Scotty, it’s crap !!!!!

My problem is my old Bronze Bullseye putter is more accurate in my hands than several Scotties I’ve tried.…..and that blank look I get from younger golfers on the tee when I congratulate them for “hitting it between the screws”

I thought the thread title said "a pedophile stole my 'puter". I thought the OP was posting it here to get in front of something that may eventually be found on his computer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

If it’s not a Scotty, it’s crap !!!!!

11 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

My problem is my old Bronze Bullseye putter is more accurate in my hands than several Scotties I’ve tried.…..and that blank look I get from younger golfers on the tee when I congratulate them for “hitting it between the screws”

Me: If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you ARE! 

Golf is all about confidence. If you think your $400 putter with some dude's name makes you a better putter, then it does. If you think your putt putt putter is the best putter in the world, then it is.

28 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Golf is all about confidence. If you think your $400 putter with some dude's name makes you a better putter, then it does. If you think your putt putt putter is the best putter in the world, then it is.

That is really a great observation. I had a set of tailormade irons in the late 90s, and every time I pulled out my four iron I knew that I was gonna hit a perfect shot. Every time I pulled up my three I figured there was a good chance of a poor shot.  Amazingly, my lack of confidence in the three iron often resulted in poor results, while my unfailing belief that my four iron shot would turn out perfectly, usually worked out that way.   

I have always loved golf because it is indeed one of the most mental athletic events. 

21 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Do you remember him discussing the fine details of grammar required on No Parking signs?   Hancock golf course is not that far from where TxTow was chucking rocks at cars on the lower deck of I-35.  

I thought this was gonna be a Grendel joke until I read the shit on TxTow. Wow.

On 8/19/2024 at 1:57 PM, Deej said:

OP heard a lot of this back in the day:

"It's in the hole!"

Narrator: "But he didn't need to hear it to know."

On 8/19/2024 at 4:32 PM, MissingInAction said:

I was never busted. 

Disclaimer: this is a joke. I have never been involved with nefarious people or activities.

<cough>mfcdg</cough>

Sleuthing on his online obit there is evidence that someone witnessed him with a putter happily walking across the course and whistling. On his way and happy that he is making off with a prized putter! What more evidence do you need? There are witnesses!!!
image.thumb.png.9daa2e67ad4b8883e5b23eae4045cebf.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

That's awesome for Crenshaw but naming it "Little Ben" is a tad bit creepy, especially this.

Crenshaw was so elated to get his putter back -- and Julie was so understanding -- that 'Little Ben' slept with the couple Friday night.

Posted (edited)

On 8/19/2024 at 1:43 PM, crash_davis said:

LOL. This is going to be a wild ass guess. My apologies to this guy's family but all I'm doing is pulling up results from the web.

I googled "Bobby Hancock Golf Austin" and "Bobby Seaholm Austin" which leads me to these results. He was a Head Pro at Hancock. He dead. Maybe he's buried with the putter.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/statesman/name/robert-seaholm-obituary?id=17858892

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/379310177/

On 8/19/2024 at 1:53 PM, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit, this might be the guy. He had curly hair back then but wore glasses like the picture.  

On 8/19/2024 at 2:09 PM, Dbeasy said:

ya, I'm searching and thinking that maybe the reason I remembered the name Bobby is because he was the pro there when we played. It may have been someone else in the clubhouse.

• Tracking Number(TRN) ID Number

• Date of Arrest

12/01/1984

• Arresting Agency AUSTIN PD

• Arrest Offense Literal INDECENCY WITH A CHILD

• Offense Description SEX OFFENSE-AGAINST CHILD-FONDLING

• Court Disposition CONVICTED

• Date of Judicial Disposition 07/03/1985

• Time on Probation 10Y

Edited by 4th and 5
  • Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

• Tracking Number(TRN) ID Number

• Date of Arrest

12/01/1984

• Arresting Agency AUSTIN PD

• Arrest Offense Literal INDECENCY WITH A CHILD

• Offense Description SEX OFFENSE-AGAINST CHILD-FONDLING

• Court Disposition CONVICTED

• Date of Judicial Disposition 07/03/1985

• Time on Probation 10Y

4th and 5 and Crash Davis, if you are ever in my vicinity in person, your drinks are on me.👍

Now, game on, motherfuckers! 

No updates to report as of 10:17 am this morning, but new shit has come to light. 

Edited by Dbeasy

Think my dad had the same putter at one time. He actually cut it down so I could use it when I played a little in my pre-teen days. The guy working the second-hand golf shop told my dad it was worth quite a bit -- if he hadn't cut it down.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Think my dad had the same putter at one time. He actually cut it down so I could use it when I played a little in my pre-teen days. The guy working the second-hand golf shop told my dad it was worth quite a bit -- if he hadn't cut it down.

I'm sure it would be very easy to reshaft. 

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Money you say. Are you talking hundreds or thousands? I might still have a wooden shaft putter from my grandfather. I don't know the brand, but my dad was a scratch golfer who could have probably gone on tour and still has a low handicap at 87 so his dad probably had pretty decent stuff.

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm sure it would be very easy to reshaft. 

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Money you say. Are you talking hundreds or thousands? I might still have a wooden shaft putter from my grandfather. I don't know the brand, but my dad was a scratch golfer who could have probably gone on tour and still has a low handicap at 87 so his dad probably had pretty decent stuff.

That putter has to be long, long gone. Have no idea how much that fucker was worth but I think it was a MacGregor.

39 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That putter has to be long, long gone. Have no idea how much that fucker was worth but I think it was a MacGregor.

I’m going to need you to fill out a form stating your whereabouts 49 years ago, along with a stool sample and fingerprints. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry hadn’t updated this. I did reach out to a surviving relative and was met with a wall of silence. I’m now working on plan B, and let’s just say it involves surveillance and ultimately a polite confrontation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sorry hadn’t updated this. I did reach out to a surviving relative and was met with a wall of silence. I’m now working on plan B, and let’s just say it involves surveillance and ultimately a polite confrontation. 

Should've left out the part about him wanting to rape your 12 year old self.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I guess plan C went to shit now that P Diddy is in jail