Week Zero: College Football Starts Now

texifornia

53 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I usually start this thread every year sometime in July but just ran out time this year (Whoop). 

texifornia needs to do it every year moving forward because it's better than the one I was going to make.

Hah, I was wondering! Feel free to start Week One next week

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I usually start this thread every year sometime in July but just ran out time this year (Whoop). 

I appreciate you...but out of all the words you could use, you pick that one? Feels dirty...

Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

@texifornia Thank you for picking up the ball and running with it. Sounds like you've been voluntold to a new assignment.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

I appreciate you...but out of all the words you could use, you pick that one? Feels dirty...

Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

@texifornia Thank you for picking up the ball and running with it. Sounds like you've been voluntold to a new assignment.

I guess you missed the “whoop” tie in to the “ran out time” statement.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, texifornia said:

They also have a Chinese player from Zhangjiagang Ivy Experimental, which must a real powerhouse in the Suzhou high school league.

It's not our fault everyone else is too ignorant to recruit China. They've got some ballers laying the wood out there.

Sorry, raying the wood*

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hell, Georgia Tech didn't even receive any votes, if memory serves. They bring back a ton, including rejuvenated asset Haynes King at QB. FSU may not finish the season ranked and has one of the toughest schedules in the country, partly due to early season travel. Somehow, Ga Tech is getting 11.5 in this game. They're less of an underdog to open the season than Clemson is to UGa. I'll be watching this. 

That SMU roster is bonkers. 

Yea that +11.5 for Georgia Tech is looking pretty good to me.  

Edited by Hook1997

Anyone have a breakdown of where the money is going on that gt/fsu line?  That seems way too easy.  Which is why it scares me.  Especially since it hasn't moved since opening.  

Welcome back college football.  You've been missed. 

10 minutes ago, pops said:

Anyone have a breakdown of where the money is going on that gt/fsu line?  That seems way too easy.  Which is why it scares me.  Especially since it hasn't moved since opening.  

Welcome back college football.  You've been missed. 

Breakdown: Early season Vegas is bad.  Strike quickly and cash out early.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

So Texas -3,  Good? 

Yeah. 

I actually think the line is decent for FSU v GT.  The over looks good though.

Edited by JBJ

It seems to me that games are closer earlier in the season. And I would think that most teams score less earlier in the season. However, there are some teams which just perform better than others in the first few games - In other words, some teams start strong because of coaching so they are more likely to blow out teams early in the season. Do the numbers back this opinion up?

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

It seems to me that games are closer earlier in the season. And I would think that most teams score less earlier in the season. However, there are some teams which just perform better than others in the first few games - In other words, some teams start strong because of coaching so they are more likely to blow out teams early in the season. Do the numbers back this opinion up?

Non-conference is lower scoring, but it's because mismatches in general have lower scoring.

Interested to see the dumpster fire at QB for FSU. Haynes King has been much better, so an upset would not shock me. GT laying out NIL will make them a player, and I'm happy for it. Hopefully they win and they become a contender. Seeing GT being serious about NIL and get some dudes will be must watch TV. I'll be watching their games this season. 

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Since I need football in my life at week zero, does anyone know if Hulu will carry the Delaware State/Hawaii game?

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Does not appear to be the case.  Bookmark the best site in college football:

https://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

This is correct advice

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 5:04 PM, campcrunk said:

savedbythebell-jessie.gif 

Like always a bunch of us will be glued to the TV watching bad games and enjoying that football is back. Latter this year we will be the same ones bitching about decent bowl games that are so boring. It is surprising what good and memorable football does to our memories of what the offseason brings every year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I hate AI but sometimes I love AI. This is pretty funny.

Imagine getting suspended for recruiting violations so you can bring in a guy who would not start for 99% of high schools in the Midwest.