Week Zero: College Football Starts Now

texifornia

Montana St has 406 on the name plate at the top of the facemask.  It's their way of showing love to the folks back home.  

Apparently 406 is the area code for the entire state.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Montana State is a 14 point favorite lol

Hah. That is funny. I had (obviously) no idea. I figured UNM as bad as they have been would be favored. Funny. Welp good win by the heavily favored Montana State team.

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Hah. That is funny. I had (obviously) no idea. I figured UNM as bad as they have been would be favored. Funny. Welp good win by the heavily favored Montana State team.

Montana State is a top tier FCS program. That generally equates to high level G5 - or even a low level P5 at the very top like NDSU or something. I'm surprised they were a full two TD road favorite over an FBS team but I'm not surprised they were favored. 

3 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Anyone know if Camar Wheaton ever panned out, or is even their starting RB? I always found it interesting he left Bama for SMU. Did he not have any better offers outside of them?

He was okay last season. Hasn't been able to win the starting job but is a decent depth piece. 

I would think he's safely a little bit better than the guy Texas snagged. 

SMU always has pretty good skill position talent - it isn't easy to just walk in ahead of guys. I was hoping Wheaton would feature a bit more though. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

He was okay last season. Hasn't been able to win the starting job but is a decent depth piece. 

I would think he's safely a little bit better than the guy Texas snagged. 

I would hope so. We scratched the bottom of the barrel for who we got. I don't even care to know his name other than Gardner. I doubt we ever see him, and that's fine with me. 

4 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I would hope so. We scratched the bottom of the barrel for who we got. I don't even care to know his name other than Gardner. I doubt we ever see him, and that's fine with me. 

Yeah I think Texas was just  looking for a vet to take reps in practice and be a good locker room dude. 

Norfolk State, down 7 in the 4th qtr with about 6:30 left, scores a TD following a fumble recovery to pull within 1. The XP is blocked but a late flag is thrown. The call is offside by FAMU. After the penalty yardage is assessed they opt to attempt the 2 pt. conversion. They’re stopped. Still trailing 24-23.