So, apparently Greg Swindell is a dumbshit

Bolero88

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I really wish I hadn't read this.

3 minutes ago, YChang said:

Meh, I celebrate their prowess and achievements on the playing field. But they can be vile idiots just like anyone else 

Yep. Don’t go look at Jordan Shipley’s Twitter.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 7

jordan's is primarily just jesus freak stuff. huston's is extraordinarily toxic and hateful maga/qanon shit.

ever since his dad died and his wife fucked around on him and left him for one of his best friends, he totally lost his fucking mind.

super disappointing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

jordan's is primarily just jesus freak stuff. huston's is extraordinarily toxic and hateful maga/qanon shit.

ever since his dad died and his wife fucked around on him and left him for one of his best friends, he totally lost his fucking mind.

super disappointing.

Ah… so there’s likely personal trauma potentially for his downward spiral. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The best USA chant was when Venezuelan born Rougned Odor punched Dominican born Jose Bautista in a Ranger vs Blue Jay game. 

I liked when we just beat France in France in the gold medal basketball game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

super disappointing.

Pretty good chance he was always this way. Social media simply allowed his abhorrent views to be seen by more people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

A lot of UT and non-UT baseball players are dumbfucks. 

Huston Street blaming “the left” for the assassination attempt on Trump  

Holy shit…his whole timeline is batshit. 

• Rage+1 2

35 minutes ago, YChang said:

Meh, I celebrate their prowess and achievements on the playing field. But they can be vile idiots just like anyone else 

Some of them, if you sleep with their wives, and their wives leave as a result, and you put it in their heads that their wives are leaving them for their best friend instead of somebody their wife met through a friend-of-a-friend and then hooked up for just a weekend, they go right into MAGA territory and then off the fucking deep end and into Qanon territory.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Yep. Don’t go look at Jordan Shipley’s Twitter.

Does he talk a lot about being roommates with Colt McCoy? I seem to recall knowing that Jordan Shipley was roommates with Colt McCoy. I just don’t recall exactly when I first learned that Jordan Shipley was roommates with Colt McCoy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Pretty good chance he was always this way. Social media simply allowed his abhorrent views to be seen by more people.

No disagreement. I’m just saying that since then, he’s really gone public with his stupidity in a very toxic way. He’s clearly in a dark place if you look at his twitter. He responds to practically every single thing anyone says to him with childish horseshit in thousands of very cringey responses to each and every reply…even obvious bots.

But yeah, if you just consider his three sons’ names, it is clear he’s always been a dumbfuck. I’m just saying I think his very deep seated anger/rage that drips from his every post is partially fueled by the humiliation of finding out that your wife has been fucking your best friend on all of your vacations for years right under your nose (and then left you to marry him) has to embitter someone in a unique way. Like I said, very disappointing since 2002 was the first major championship that a lot of us experienced as Texas fans but it is what it is. Dumbshits gonna dumbshit. I’m still had fun in June 2002.

i couldn’t give two fucks about swindell. I was 3 when he was pitching and he seems like a complete and utter dipshit just like most baseball players. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Boy, the guns on this thread sure swerved from Greg Swindell over to Huston Street in a hurry.

Well, it's comparable to the level of shit. Swindell posted some shit that was dumb and MAGA. Street is actively making and sharing posts attacking Tim Walz proving he's a dumb asshole. Basically, one is a lot more aggressive and in their shittiness.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Man, Huston Street could fucking close out a game though. 

Not against Cal State Fullerton in 2004. Fucking damnit. Other than Drew Stubbs, no one was more responsible for that shitshow of a final series. 

• Rage+1 4

30 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The best USA chant was when Venezuelan born Rougned Odor punched Dominican born Jose Bautista in a Ranger vs Blue Jay game. 

"And Roogie is now 2 for 4 on the day"

-Steve Busby 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Does he talk a lot about being roommates with Colt McCoy? I seem to recall knowing that Jordan Shipley was roommates with Colt McCoy. I just don’t recall exactly when I first learned that Jordan Shipley was roommates with Colt McCoy. 

Did you know their fathers knew each other in college?

• Haha 1

Well, hockey and basketball and soccer and football are sports that demand pretty intricate teamplay.  Baseball (as much as I love it) comes down to pitcher against batter most of the time.  It doesn't demand the team play those other sports do.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Playing hockey was the exact opposite experience.  Not that there isn't assholish behavior.  And not that I never got into a fight in a parking lot after a game.  But on balance, it was just a bunch of chill dudes who understood that we're all on the same team and we're all looking forward to going out drinking after the game.

Yeah, for whatever reason hockey culture is the best. It’s probably the same percentage of dumbasses, but generally hockey dumbasses are fun and harmless vs. baseball dumbasses always being charmless hateful assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The experience I had as a kid/young man was reconfirmed by the experience my son had: baseball attracts assholes.  I don't know why it is, but my high school baseball team was all of the biggest assholes in school.  And it was ultimately what led me to give up playing (yeah--the fact that I couldn't hit a fastball that had any movement on it had nothing to do with it at all).

Playing hockey was the exact opposite experience.  Not that there isn't assholish behavior.  And not that I never got into a fight in a parking lot after a game.  But on balance, it was just a bunch of chill dudes who understood that we're all on the same team and we're all looking forward to going out drinking after the game.

Except for that Oglethorpe asshole. 

38 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Judging You GIF

Hey Jordan, fuck God. It's cool that you believe in him, but truly and forever fuck God. Our founding fathers were smart enough to at least try to keep religion--at least one agreed upon religion to live under--out of politics.

Also, saying you care about God more than parties means you care a whole fucking lot about the parties.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Hey Jordan, fuck God. It's cool that you believe in him, but truly and forever fuck God. Our founding fathers were smart enough to at least try to keep religion--at least one agreed upon religion to live under--out of politics.

Also, saying you care about God more than parties means you care a whole fucking lot about the parties.

Dat Red River kick return doe...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

super disappointing.

Shocking I tell ya

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The experience I had as a kid/young man was reconfirmed by the experience my son had: baseball attracts assholes.  I don't know why it is, but my high school baseball team was all of the biggest assholes in school.  And it was ultimately what led me to give up playing (yeah--the fact that I couldn't hit a fastball that had any movement on it had nothing to do with it at all).

Also my experience. I love the sport. The players are by and large fucking morons and dickheads. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some of them, if you sleep with their wives, and their wives leave as a result, and you put it in their heads that their wives are leaving them for their best friend instead of somebody their wife met through a friend-of-a-friend and then hooked up for just a weekend, they go right into MAGA territory and then off the fucking deep end and into Qanon territory.

Oddly specific.  😀

• Hook 'Em 1