So, apparently Greg Swindell is a dumbshit

Bolero88

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

baseball attracts assholes.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91np5bhvc0je66uqy4cn

football players are a mixed bag, basketball players seem to be the most chill and normal, but baseball players are a bunch of chin beard having, lifted truck driving, $200 oakleys wearing, mouth full of dip chewing douchebags who tend to max out around 90 on the IQ scale. college baseball dugouts are chock full of clones of the exact same douchebag guys.

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Roger Staubach was a dick to me in the 7th grade. It was devastating at the time, but in retrospect I’m grateful. He taught me to choose my heroes carefully. 

Which is a shame since you both share a fondness of the deconstructed burger. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

This is him during the Democratic National Convention. I know athletes aren't the smartest, but good God this is dumb as fuck.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 150900.png

It's not the hypocrisy, cuz I think there being some level of difference between some supposed ideal and reality is at least partially necessary for progress and growth and just part of the human condition. 

It's the malignant, cancerous out-of-control hypocrisy. It's J6ers parading the Confederate flag through the Capitol, GOP rep comfortably without fear of consequences from her red-gerrymandered district stating the United States should be divided through a national divorce, I'd Rather Be Russian T-shirts, I Hope I Get To Shoot My Fellow Americans Gonzales flags who made lack of military service a talking point during the moral absolutism fad of the Clinton years to virtually if not literally worshipping a convicted scam artist who routinely dismisses those who have served this country, a concept he openly mocks despite his claims of putting America first.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

52 minutes ago, mooseoutfront said:

I see that CTE finally set in on Huston Street from getting trucked by Cedric Benson so many times in that championship game in high school.

I think that was the only HS game I ever attended which didn't involve one of my kids, either on the team or in the band.

Benson brutalized Street, but that little fucker hung on for dear life most plays.

that's too bad about Street.  he was on Coffee & Football last week and had a couple of really good and thoughtful answers to Bobby and Gerry's questions.  i had the impression that he was a guy who thought critically about things.

Shipley doesn't surprise me.  15 seconds of listening to his dad and it's obvious that he was brought up in a hardcore R household.

31 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I separate the artist as a person from the art they created. Same with sports, works wonders. 

Except when I don't like the art or the athlete, then it's easy as fuck.

75033b1817d18f3918c6ae532deb45be.jpg&f=1

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Judging You GIF

Hey Jordan, I care more about making sure every human being has equal rights and protections under the law more than I care about your fairy tale daddy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, immamac said:3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What if he beat her? What if the friend knew he beat her?

Hypothetically, what if she was banging some rando she met through a college sports football board who happened to have mutual Facebook friends with her?

The list could go on, but I'd argue he always had something going on in his head.  You don't wake up and go full-on MAGA/Qanon like that.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hypothetically, what if she was banging some rando she met through a college sports football board who happened to have mutual Facebook friends with her?

The list could go on, but I'd argue he always had something going on in his head.  You don't wake up and go full-on MAGA/Qanon like that.

Did… did you just confess or something atom? It’s ok this is not a safe space. 

7 hours ago, sidis said:

and his wife fucked around on him and left him for one of his best friends,

That’s unfair to her. He lost his marbles, drank them, and then she stepped out on him. 

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

That’s unfair to her. He lost his marbles, drank them, and then she stepped out on him. 

To be clear, not saying he’s blameless or some sort of victim at all. I imagine living with him probably sucked pretty bad. 

That said, it was going on for a while and the other marriage broke up too (with its own kids) and she ended up marrying him…and wrecking that family in the process (and causing me some indirect but mild annoyance due to some kid relationships). 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Our university is becoming an embarrassment. I blame Abbott

Imagine those kids that worked their asses off to get admitted the last few years finding out when they graduate their degree is worth about 1/10th what it was when they entered.

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Imagine those kids that worked their asses off to get admitted the last few years finding out when they graduate their degree is worth about 1/10th what it was when they entered.

I can relate. I went to A&M under Robert Gates, who absolutely prioritized academic standing above all else and had the University moving in a great direction. He, the guy behind Iran-Contra, would absolutely be considered woke today. A&M found the leaders who would say, "Fuck it, let's join the SEC, focus on athletics [poorly], and become a diploma mill."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

This is no surprise. Roger has always been a cunt.  It's not hard to imagine why one guy who had relations with an underage girl might also stand up for a pedophile.

• Hook 'Em 6

It was obvious that Clemens was not someone to be admired when he threw his wife under the bus during the steroid investigation. After this, I’ve been consistently annoyed that we allow him on sidelines, etc.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3