So, apparently Greg Swindell is a dumbshit

Bolero88

3 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

My old account got banned because of this thread. I’m backkkkk

Seeing as how this thread is less than 24 hours old and your old account (which one was it?) got banned because of this thread, and yet your "new" account was born on May 9th, I'm wondering how many socks you have. Are you admitting to being a troll, because, you know, that too is a bannable offense?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Seeing as how this thread is less than 24 hours old and your old account (which one was it?) got banned because of this thread, and yet your "new" account was born on May 9th, I'm wondering how many socks you have. Are you admitting to being a troll, because, you know, that too is a bannable offense?

I’m not a troll. I cussed at some people on here and stated my beliefs and got over 600 downvotes. You must be fun to be around at the surly “tailgates”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Fiscal conservatism, Covid, Israel are all topics I've been shouted down as Maga/Trumper/Republican for having a non-liberal position the few times I engage over here.  No time to debate this further today.  If this board (and we are talking about most, not all) wants to pretend it doesn't lean liberal, go for it. I don't really give a shit. Just call it like I see it when I rarely venture over here.

Covid lol

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

I’m not a troll. I cussed at some people on here and stated my beliefs and got over 600 downvotes. You must be fun to be around at the surly “tailgates”

Your old account got 600 down votes in this thread? Who the fuck were you? And, again, how many socks do you have?

Edited by bolverk
Missing word

36 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I played baseball & football in high school, was the best player at both too. Everyone crying about baseball players being stupid douchebags are probably the same guys who I stole girlfriends from back in the day. 

Man, this has some serious Al Bundy vibe going on

IMG_1229.jpeg.5e3d3c109497b931bd89154a8ee16881.jpeg

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I played baseball & football in high school, was the best player at both too. Everyone crying about baseball players being stupid douchebags are probably the same guys who I stole girlfriends from back in the day. 

redcandle-bearish-redarrow-downtrend.gif

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

We can't cuss here? That's news to me. 

You ever think that maybe your "beliefs" may be fucked up? Lots of people have beliefs here and don't get negged off the board. 

I'm not sure what the tailgates that support our student athletes have to do with you being a fucking shithead. How much NIL have you paid out or helped raise? The surly tailgates are responsible for well over 250k between annualized and one-time contributions last year alone. 

I kept $0 of that and it cost me well over 25k that I didn't write off as charitable donation. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, royiv said:

It always amazes me how white football players can play a sport where more than half of the players at the highest level are black and openly be the worst MAGAT. Arch and Quinn openly supporting a racist POS seems like it would make for some awkward interactions with teammates.

I've heard that in plenty of locker rooms many players have nothing to do with others. They have their cliques and relationships with others may be non existent.

I recall hearing Jeff Pearlman, sportswriter/author, talk about this on his Tiktok channel. He tells great stories from the sports world in the 1990s-2010s. He's worth a follow. He mentioned in one video that race, language and player position create barriers in MLB clubhouses. In some cases, you might have only have a handful of other players that you talk to on a regular basis especially about non-baseball matters.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

Do you live in a fantasy world where Trump isn't about to get at least 47% or 48% of the popular vote?  You don't call that mainstream?  Just because not everyone puts a MAGA flag on their truck doesn't mean his viewpoints aren't mainstream. 

Being a racist shitbag is fairly mainstream in this country.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, immamac said:

it cost me well over 25k that I didn't write off as charitable donation

I’m no accountant, but did you at least look into writing that off as business promotion for the website?

Just now, Sawbonz said:

I’m no accountant, but did you at least look into writing that off as business promotion for the website?

I did that, but it's still money I could have just kept instead of spending. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

LOL This isn't a "policy discussion" thread.  This is a thread trashing former UT athletes for having political positions that don't align with this board. I just found that amusing considering the state we live in.  Of course a shit load of former UT athletes are Trumpers.   Just like a bunch of your family, friends, and work colleagues are.  It's not newsworthy.  Trump will easily carry this state again as we all know.

But next time I engage in an actual policy discussion thread/topic I'll be sure to loop you in since.

A lot of the athletes we are talking about are in their 40s or close to it, and if you look through the last 15-20 years of our posting history, you’d find out that 15- 20 years ago, many of us here, maybe even most of us, held the same conservative political views that they did back then.

The difference is that over the last few decades, most of us evolved and didn’t go down the batshit MAGA/Qanon/conspiracy rabbit hole.

You have to be real special when you question whether we landed on the moon or if the earth is flat..

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

A moment to appreciate Colt McCoy, a guy who is in all likelihood a Trump supporter but who so far hasn’t felt the need to broadcast his political beliefs to the world. 

And now you've done it

2 hours ago, Derka said:

the two sides “disagree”. right. your side has left the gas on and set the house on fire. our side thinks we should call the fire department and evacuate the surrounding area. your side “disagrees”, and would gladly watch the entire neighborhood go up in flames if it meant “owning the libs”.

we are not the same. there are not fine people on both sides. not in this discussion. your party and its people have become radicalized, idol worshipping zealots who are beyond saving. you are the aggie corp of cadets, larping as soldiers, squeezing your nuts, pulling your swords, and jizzing in jars. but because of the insular nature of the echo chamber that you live in you’ve convinced yourselves that you’re the normal ones and that it’s everyone else who’s lost the plot, not realizing that every sane, normal, non-radicalized person in the world looks at you and sees the biggest collection of self important dorks, weirdos, and pathetic psychopaths who live in a fantasy land where patriots try to destroy democracy and where christians hate the ooor and the sick and live to worship false idols. holy run-on sentence batman, you fuckin weirdos have got me worked up. 

Best Derka post ever?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

You will never convince me that anyone who falls for that MAGA shit is not either uneducated, just plain stupid or maybe mentally challenged.  Grifters have always preyed on those types. 
You also have your racists and bigots but most of them fall in the above. 
I don’t think Swindell, Clemons and Street are splitting any atoms anyway and am not surprised by their stupidity.  It is Texas after all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That was you?  I hate to tell you this, but I gave her herpes before she walked away.

A moment to appreciate Colt McCoy, a guy who is in all likelihood a Trump supporter but who so far hasn’t felt the need to broadcast his political beliefs to the world. 

So Colt will be wearing a MAGA hat on his first NBC broadcast? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I would not call this board a bunch of "ultra-liberals."  This is essentially the same people that 15 years ago were pretty damn conservative.

My absolute favorite part about the CR is there’s ~10 posters who don’t get offended or are actually proud being called a Democratic voter, but hundreds that vote lock fucking step but don’t want to be associated with them by name.  Me?  No way, I’m not a Democrat, pretty far from it. I just don’t believe in borders, encourage late term abortion, and should working middle class white families really be afforded a comfortable lifestyle they’ve worked for?  Bout time those oppressors paid some reparations, imo.  Props to Dennison, BT, and most of the surl gay mafia for being true to themselves.  

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Me?  No way, I’m not a Democrat, pretty far from it. I just don’t believe in borders, encourage late term abortion

Who are these people around here?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Vote lock step?  No we vote against fucking regards and shitheels.  Which means pretty much all republicans these days.

Yep. Funny the dems that don’t mind being dems feel the R’s have been terrible since jumpstreet, and we are paying the dues from them now.  Can’t really be both of the problem is “these days”.  

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

My absolute favorite part about the CR is there’s ~10 posters who don’t get offended or are actually proud being called a Democratic voter, but hundreds that vote lock fucking step but don’t want to be associated with them by name.  Me?  No way, I’m not a Democrat, pretty far from it. I just don’t believe in borders, encourage late term abortion, and should working middle class white families really be afforded a comfortable lifestyle they’ve worked for?  Bout time those oppressors paid some reparations, imo.  Props to Dennison, BT, and most of the surl gay mafia for being true to themselves.  

Genius! Lulz.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yep. Funny the dems that don’t mind being dems feel the R’s have been terrible since jumpstreet, and we are paying the dues from them now.  Can’t really be both of the problem is “these days”.  

Well, the Republicans of the past are guilty of some policy mistakes that led pretty directly to today.  One being courting fundagelicals and two being trickle-down economics and related theories that have suppressed wages and further enriched the rich.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Look at the economic stats your entire life. Then tell me what party is the issue with the rampant deficits. I will hang up and listen.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the Republicans of the past are guilty of some policy mistakes that led pretty directly to today.  One being courting fundagelicals and two being trickle-down economics and related theories that have suppressed wages and further enriched the rich.

That would be you, correct? 

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Look at the economic stats your entire life. Then tell me what party is the issue with the rampant deficits. I will hang up and listen.

For my life, D’s have been better, pretty convincingly.  Hell, due to dumb policies they are usually unintentionally better for my industry.  But I feel a lot better when the $$ is being wasted on military than flushing it down the toilet, investing in trash.   

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

For my life, D’s have been better, pretty convincingly.  Hell, due to dumb policies they are usually unintentionally better for my industry.  But I feel a lot better when the $$ is being wasted on military than flushing it down the toilet, investing in trash.   

The deficit went up 8 trillion under trump in 4 years. It went up 8 trillion under Obama over 8 years. Clinton was net even. It blew up under bush. Your statement is factually incorrect. 
Military spending under Biden due to the war in Ukraine has blown the fuck out. Trumps stated policy would have been to send jack shit to Ukraine, which means no new contracts to replace our old shit we sent to fight Putin. 

make your comment make sense with facts. Not your feelings. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, fattyflattie said:

This is an interesting response. What was unintentional about their policies? I wish you would post in the moderated thread about why you are excited to vote for Trump. I honest to God want to understand if your views are unwavering or if you are just on a team but confused. What you say doesn't seem to align with your truths you post or any truths. At some level you have to reconcile the truths. I did so i could look myself in the eye every morning and tell myself i am a serious person.  We are in a safe space. To be clear, idgaf if you are not on my side. I am just trying to understand the psyche of someone voting for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The deficit went up 8 trillion under trump in 4 years. It went up 8 trillion under Obama over 8 years. Clinton was net even. It blew up under bush. Your statement is factually incorrect. 
Military spending under Biden due to the war in Ukraine has blown the fuck out. Trumps stated policy would have been to send jack shit to Ukraine, which means no new contracts to replace our old shit we sent to fight Putin. 

make your comment make sense with facts. Not your feelings. 

Do you need to reread it?  Maybe slower this time, where you sound out the words? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Do you need to reread it?  Maybe slower this time, where you sound out the words? 

I read it as Dems were better at creating deficits. Otherwise your first sentence and last sentence make no sense. But ok, military had been better under dems the last term versus trump. So your hatred for them is…what exactly?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That would be you, correct? 

I am capable of understanding and empathizing with those not me.  The middle class has shrunk and the working class has it worse.

• Hook 'Em 4