2025 OL Nick Brooks

Machinator

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/2025-four-star-ol-nick-brooks-commits-to-texas/

IT evals

Spoiler

Evaluation from the Recruiting Notebook
Brooks is another large human of the sort we’ve become accustomed to seeing at Texas in the Flood era. He’s an easy mover at 6-foot-7, 360 pounds who reminds of Cam Williams or Andre Cojoe from previous classes. Brooks can get low and move well for such a big man on zone concepts but also pulling on counter runs. He’ll profile as a right tackle but there’s a chance he could end up as a left tackle if his pass protection skills develop. Moving inside to guard at that height probably isn’t in the cards but he is a physical run blocker. – Ian Boyd

More from our Charlie Williams:
Big human
A mauler with tremendous athleticism 
Can really move and run for his size
Finishes blocks and plays with a nasty attitude 
Very violent hands and punch 
Can move in space and be a lead blocker on screens or reverses
Has really good feet and technique 
Shows great upper and lower body strength as he overpowers his opponents
Very versatile and can play left or right tackle
Brooks would give Flood another big guy who can play tackle. There’s a reason schools known for developing O-linemen like Texas, Georgia, Iowa, and USC want him. He has the size, skills, and tools to be a future first-round pick. He has the ability to step in and be on the two-deep at Texas on day one if he chooses the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 5

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-ot-nick-brooks-commits-to-texas-texas-is-the-school-that-had-my-heart/

Spoiler

Loganville (Ga.) Grayson offensive tackle Nick Brooks took official visits to Georgia, Texas and USC. Heading into the summer, the buzz was around the Bulldogs, but as the visits were taken and Brooks progressed through the process, it shifted toward the Longhorns.

USC didn’t give up. Georgia pushed for the four-star. But Texas is the school the 6-foot-7, 360-pounder committed to.

“The official visit really changed things for me,” Brooks told On3. “Texas brought me in like family and me and my family loved it. Georgia was ahead in the spring, then I went on a visit to Texas. Seeing the atmosphere there and being around the people made it closer.

“Then on the official visit, I knew. That is really when I made my decision. How I felt on the official visit pushed Texas to the top. They got the last visit, so after I had that feeling, I sat down with my family and talked it out.

“In the end, after taking some time to myself and thinking things over, I knew it was Texas. Texas is the school that had my heart.”

So what sealed the deal for the Longhorns?

“Texas has a lot that I like. It is a great coaching staff, I love the vibe in Austin and they have a great brotherhood, but seeing how my family felt around the school and the coaches played a big part in my decision. My mom and my little bother had a great experience on the visit, the coaches made them feel like family and that really stood out to me.

“How the coaches took me in made a big difference too. They started recruiting me in the spring, they recruited me hard, they built some great relationships and they showed so much love that I felt like the president.”

Brooks is excited about playing for Flood and Sarkisian at Texas
Brooks build some good relationships with coaches over the last couple of years. He was at one time committed to Iowa, so he knows the people there well. He had over 30 offers, so different schools across the county were involved at different times, but the staff in Austin won out.

They connected with the No. 208 prospect in the On3 Industry Ranking the best.

“Coach Steve Sarkisian was the head coach I had the best relationship with,” Brooks said. “I talked to a lot of head coaches, but our talks were different. He was always checking on me and making sure I was keeping my head up. Coach Sarkisian kept things positive and he was just easy for me to talk to.”

Brooks is a believer in Sarkisian. He had Texas in the college football playoffs last season and the play in the trenches was a big part of that success. Kyle Flood is the leader in the offensive line room and Brooks is excited about working with him.

“Coach Flood has put many linemen in the NFL at the different schools he has been at. He is a smart guy who can develop players and I like how he coaches. We have a good relationship, he has real knowledge of the offensive line and I know he can help me get where I want to go.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/texas/article/coachs-take-new-texas-commit-nick-brooks-has-all-the-makings-of-future-nfl-ot--235049888/

Coach's take: New Texas commit Nick Brooks has all the makings of future NFL OT

Spoiler

In an interview with Horns247, Grayson coach Joe Stokowski shares his thoughts on what new Texas offensive line pledge Nick Brooks brings to the table.

---

Texas is in the win column on the recruiting trail Friday, earning a big commitment from four-star offensive tackle Nick Brooks. The newest Longhorns pledge is back in Georgia for his senior season, playing at Peach State powerhouse Grayson.

Rams Director of Sports Science and special teams coordinator Joe Stokowski was kind enough to speak with Horns247 about what Brooks brings to the table.

"The very first day I meet Nick, we gotta get his height, we gotta get his weight, we gotta find out some things on him because we're going to immediately get calls from colleges," Stokowski said. "The one thing I'll say about Nick is his stature when he walks into a room demands attention. He's such a unique specimen as a human being. They look to you as a leader whether you are or not, whether you've been there a long time or not. Just as a kid, he's a phenomenal young man. One of the people that was recruiting him from another college, when he transferred to Grayson, I contacted him and I said, 'Hey can you tell me a little bit about this kid?' He said that kid is a phenomenal human being. And that wasn't about his college recruitment, it was about (us) adding him late."

Brooks has taken quickly to being a leader in the locker room, despite only joining the program in the last few weeks.

"Nick has been phenomenal," Stokowski said. "He shows up every day with a really positive energy to him. The one thing I love about him … the last two weeks haven't necessarily gone our way. We blew a lead in Week 1 and lost a game we probably shouldn't (have). He was the positive energy in the room when the game was over. This week, the offense scored in the beginning and they moved the ball well but we didn't put a lot of points on the board. And it was always him on the sideline being the positive energy our kids needed. That's been such a big blessing to our program to have a kid like him come in and be a positive impact, not just as a player but as a person."

Texas has three interior offensive linemen committed, and one other tackle in John Mills. Brooks is that prototypal book end lineman that can potentially complete this group for Kyle Flood and company.

"He's a legit 6-7," Stokowski said. "I do all the heights for the kids and I had to go get a milk crate to stand on so I could measure him. And I'm not short. I'm 6-foot myself. He's the tallest kid I've ever measured as a football prospect. He's very nimble. I can tell you he did something in our training that I've never seen a kid do his size. At 6-7, 350 pounds, he ran 17.6 miles per hour in a 10-yard fly with a 20-yard acceleration. Long story short, that puts him in a really good window in terms of where that projects him at the college level and onto the pro level.

"And I'll say this, too, naturally when a kid moves around high schools, they're not going to have the same strength coach, they're not going to have consistent work. Him having that, the sky's the limit. He's twitchy for how big he is and he's an incredible mover. We didn't have to do a bunch of intensive instruction in the weight room. He can front squat below parallel. A lot of kids that big struggle with that. The most valuable thing you can be is a left tackle in the NFL and he definitely has all the makings of being that."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Machinator said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/2025-four-star-ol-nick-brooks-commits-to-texas/

IT evals

Hide contents

Evaluation from the Recruiting Notebook
Brooks is another large human of the sort we’ve become accustomed to seeing at Texas in the Flood era. He’s an easy mover at 6-foot-7, 360 pounds who reminds of Cam Williams or Andre Cojoe from previous classes. Brooks can get low and move well for such a big man on zone concepts but also pulling on counter runs. He’ll profile as a right tackle but there’s a chance he could end up as a left tackle if his pass protection skills develop. Moving inside to guard at that height probably isn’t in the cards but he is a physical run blocker. – Ian Boyd

More from our Charlie Williams:
Big human
A mauler with tremendous athleticism 
Can really move and run for his size
Finishes blocks and plays with a nasty attitude 
Very violent hands and punch 
Can move in space and be a lead blocker on screens or reverses
Has really good feet and technique 
Shows great upper and lower body strength as he overpowers his opponents
Very versatile and can play left or right tackle
Brooks would give Flood another big guy who can play tackle. There’s a reason schools known for developing O-linemen like Texas, Georgia, Iowa, and USC want him. He has the size, skills, and tools to be a future first-round pick. He has the ability to step in and be on the two-deep at Texas on day one if he chooses the Longhorns.

what are the holes in his game?  seems like a guy that big who is athletic and "can really move", is "violent" and a mauler, "really good feet and technique" and so on and so forth would be a five-star recruit.