Tips for 55+ visiting Austin?

Hoots

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I must push back on the concept of going to either Taco Deli or Tochy’s. Those places are ass and give Austin a bad name in tacos. And the comment about Taco Deli Migas being a good idea is blasphemy. I have no skills in life but one. I am the definitive authority on Migas. And Taco Deli Migas are absolute garbage, some of the worst crap ever offered on a plate. 

So where's the best place for migas?

9 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I need to try. I live right by the 290 and have tried the place once in like 15 years

Migas breakfast taco w cheese with their red salsa will get your dick hard. 

21 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

So where's the best place for migas?

La Escondida on Ben White. Across from Discount Tires. Bars on the window. No one speaks English (except Sundays) Tortillas done on the spot. Check, check, check. If need be point to what you want, especially the Migas. 

Recommending Taco Deli or Torchy's in Austin is high comedy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

La Escondida on Ben White. Across from Discount Tires. Bars on the window. No one speaks English (except Sundays) Tortillas done on the spot. Check, check, check. If need be point to what you want, especially the Migas. 

Luckily I'm fluent. 

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Shark Tank Writing GIF

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I love the Salsa Dona at Taco Deli.

El Borrego on Congress / Ben White. Los Jaliscienses on Airport. Great tacos, both. When it comes to Dona, these are so damn good. 

Side note for Los Jaliscienses. Used to be just east of Manchaca on the south side of Ben White (below). Strange place. Great food. Move further east on Ben White across from Walmart for a year, then done. New restaurant there now. 

The old LJ location east of Manchaca has an "Open" neon going all day, it seems. No one knows what is going on in the building - meth, Plonsky safe house, fresh fruit and vegetables, Ron McElvey's new home, blood draws / organ transplants, otherwise.

Big mystery, all around.

No interest seems interested in finding out. 

image.thumb.png.d5f049e2df6b42d94e159a762250a052.png