#10 Florida St v. Georgia Tech from Dublin, ESPN

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Except that fsu gonna have 3-4 losses at the end of the season

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Florida state sucks so fucking bad. They won't win a single game this season. 

I said what I said. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Prediction time

Kanell blames the loss on ESPN: “What are we doing playing conference games on August 24th in another country? It isn’t fair to take a home away from the ordinary Georgia Tech fans.”

Elliott: Passive aggressive wise crack DJ U. Passive aggressive wise on Norvell’a playcalling and clock management. It’s a long season. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

I’m going to say boomer sooner takes first but objectively speaking the Florida state band playing the tomahawk chant might be the second most annoying band sound in all of college football. 

It has been way too long since Texas played SMU.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

DJU reminds me of the Mike Leach quote about how if a QB starts off inaccurate, he's never going to become accurate.  That quote should have a picture of DJ next to it.  FSU has a low floor, low ceiling this year because of him alone.

Silas had the year he had with DJU. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, immamac said:

Silas had the year he had with DJU. 

Good for him?  Bolden caught 54 of DJ's 180 completions last year, so a third?  He was targeted a lot.  Can't find any reliable YAC stats Bolden to see how many of his 750 yards were him vs. DJ.  Did you watch a ton of OSU last year?  I suspect we're going to find out this year that Bolden is elite at making his QB look good, which is awesome for Quinn.

DJ is still an average college QB, and was very inconsistent.  They pumped his completion percentage today by tossing a lot to the sidelines.  He made a few clutch 4th down tosses, credit there - but also airmailed a ton that resulted in those 4th downs.  Last year he only completed 57%.

The FSU I saw today is 3rd - 5th place in the ACC.  Couldn't stop the run, defense looked lost.  Inconsistent on offense and in creating a push up front.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Except that fsu gonna have 3-4 losses at the end of the season

Hard to say. They play a shit schedule every year. This one will probably end up with only a couple ranked opponents by the end of it.

4 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Hard to say. They play a shit schedule every year. This one will probably end up with only a couple ranked opponents by the end of it.

I would be astounded if their wins o/u isn't at 9.5 or lower after this. They have to play SMU, ND and Miami on the road and have Clemson, Florida and UNC at home. 

That's not a murderers row but it isn't some charmin schedule, either, especially after losing to GaTech.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I would be astounded if their wins o/u isn't at 9.5 or lower after this. They have to play SMU, ND and Miami on the road and have Clemson, Florida and UNC at home. 

That's not a murderers row but it isn't some charmin schedule, either, especially after losing to GaTech.

BC next week will be interesting.  They return all 5 OL and a QB that rushed for over 1,000 yards last year.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

BC next week will be interesting.  They return all 5 OL and a QB that rushed for over 1,000 yards last year.

It seems pretty tough to lose more than 4 of those games, but it is looking good so far. 

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hopefully, because they started the season at 9.5

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not so sure, does acc champ get a home game after their bye week? Whoever gets the acc champ will be certainly beat up after beating a much tougher opponent the previous week

Well the previous week that team is going to have a home game against the group of 5 winner. So i am not sure they will be tougher. 

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not so sure, does acc champ get a home game after their bye week? Whoever gets the acc champ will be certainly beat up after beating a much tougher opponent the previous week

No. Quarterfinals are at neutral sites 

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Hopefully, because they started the season at 9.5

Hence my astoundedness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Sark and Choice really should put out feelers to the GT RB's for next season in case Baxter, and especially Clark with his Achilles tear aren't ready. No way Clark will be. He may never be the same. We saw what happened to Johnathan Gray after he tore his.  He was never the same. 

Guess what, no one needs an epic poem about rb depth chill the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Ukelele was 19/27.  Noles lost because they couldn't run after the first drive. 

David Carr had years with really high completion percentages.  Because he would dump off to a running back on third and long.