I made some custom cleats for Xavier Worthy last season for the Red River game (pics/video inside)

bootupcustoms

12 hours ago, immamac said:

I know you aren't trying to be this way so take this the right way. It's great to have any and all NIL, but you burst into the room and brazenly posted a pseudo advertisement without permission, then aren't even aware enough to understand that the founding members of Texas One Fund + Burnt Ends + bad mother fucker + the biggest NIL tailgates are here. 

Its not that we don't need/want the help, but I think you need to slow down and understand where you are posting and how you are coming across. 

There is definitely some "know your audience" aspects to this thread. 

Whether this guy or otherwise, I'm still in support of some Longhorn Olu Kai Burnt Ends custom kicks. 

🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/25/2024 at 8:16 PM, immamac said:

I know you aren't trying to be this way so take this the right way. It's great to have any and all NIL, but you burst into the room and brazenly posted a pseudo advertisement without permission, then aren't even aware enough to understand that the founding members of Texas One Fund + Burnt Ends + bad mother fucker + the biggest NIL tailgates are here. 

Its not that we don't need/want the help, but I think you need to slow down and understand where you are posting and how you are coming across. 

Your shoes are neat. Would love to potentially collab on some exclusive merch, but if you keep just drive by posting acting like you are somebody because of 3 deals then your time here is gonna be short lived. 

I’m here to learn for sure. I’d love to have a conversation with you outside of this thread. 
I legitimately care about these athletes and the Austin community so any advice is welcome. 

On 8/25/2024 at 4:11 AM, Dbeasy said:

Do you only paint, or is there also a way to change the actual shoe too?

I mostly do cut and sew on cleats these days. So not painting nearly as much as before. As an example, taking a base cleat, making patterns, and sewing leather onto the base cleat to transform it into a Jordan 11

• Hook 'Em 1

Your shoes are neat. Would love to potentially collab on some exclusive merch, but if you keep just drive by posting acting like you are somebody because of 3 deals then your time here is gonna be short lived. 
And can we get the orange right?

On 8/30/2024 at 2:53 PM, TexMexBuddha said:
On 8/25/2024 at 8:16 PM, immamac said:

And can we get the orange right?

weird, I looked for your work, and didn’t see anything 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

32 minutes ago, bootupcustoms said:

Dude, you were allowed by the site owner to post your advertising here without charge. Most businesses and freelancers pay for that privilege. You also received a lot of positive remarks on your work, which is cool. But you'll get farther here if you drop the attitude and accept the constructive feedback together with the compliments. Thin skin will get you nowhere on a sports-related message board, especially this one.

TexMexBuddha is right; if you'll be doing more work for Longhorn athletes or Longhorn NIL initiatives, you'll want to get the orange right. That isn't a slam; it's just a fact and a detail that an artist such as yourself will want to take note of since detailing is kind of what you do.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bootupcustoms said:

Dude, you are currently reading and posting on his "work".  Plus he's not big-timing you on that part you quoted, he's giving you context. 

I've been little more than a spectator, but the owners, admin and posters here drug the UT athletic department into the NIL era. You cannot possibly understand how much work these guys had to do to get UT to even listen to NIL talk at all.

We also just lost one of those posters, decades before his time, so shit's kind of raw. I wouldn't touch the rattlesnake right now. 

The players like your shit and the users here like your shit. Drop @immamac a DM and discuss things, because there is legitimate interest. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This is what I think happened. There's no way he's that stupid. 

You sure?

On 8/25/2024 at 1:38 AM, bootupcustoms said:

I am an LSU alum and die hard Tiger fan.

And, @bootupcustoms, I'm just giving you shit. I grew up in Baton Rouge and both my parents are LSU alums. Have you been to Shoal Creek Saloon on Lamar yet? Great place to catch a Tigers or Saints game.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

8 hours ago, bootupcustoms said:

I was one of the people who supported you earlier in this thread. Not anymore. You come here, contribute nothing, start talking crap to people and you want people to support you? Fuck you and your attitude. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

The only takeaway from this thread is I'd pay top dollar for Thujone art shoes.

Also Thujone car wraps, Christmas tree ornaments and vaginal moisturizer products, among some other ideas I have.

THUJONE, baby, call me. Let's make some money.

second 

*furk*

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:55 AM, TreatyOak said:

I was one of the people who supported you earlier in this thread. Not anymore. You come here, contribute nothing, start talking crap to people and you want people to support you? Fuck you and your attitude. 

Come on man 🤣 it was a joke in response to someone telling me I got the orange wrong. I mix paint often, very capable of matching colors. The only reason it was off is lighting in pictures. 

Again, a joke back to someone giving me a hard time. So eager to dish it, so sensitive when it's coming your way

🥱

The owner of the site reached out to me on LinkedIn-- I am 100% down to collab

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, bootupcustoms said:

Come on man 🤣 it was a joke in response to someone telling me I got the orange wrong. I mix paint often, very capable of matching colors. The only reason it was off is lighting in pictures. 

Again, a joke back to someone giving me a hard time. So eager to dish it, so sensitive when it's coming your way

🥱

The owner of the site reached out to me on LinkedIn-- I am 100% down to collab

Okay, I that case, I apologize. I am sorry that I overreacted.  

But fuck you anyway for being an LSU graduate. 

• Haha 1