Week 1, 2024 - Colorado State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

20 hours ago, jw4381 said:

Can’t wait gif. Also, Fort Collins doesn’t smell like a stockyard. It’s actually a really cool town. 

+1, and that smell's origin is well east from the county over.  FoCo is my next destination and I'll learn to become a local Rams fan.  Already marking down a trip for their game hosting Wyoming.

• Hook 'Em 4

Have there been any reports at all about how Barron actually looks at corner? Think it went from "Barron isn't receiving corner reps at this point" to "We expect Barron to start at corner". 

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

These guys were scheduled to open for Dwight Yoakum here this past Saturday. A huge thunder boomer rainstorm chased everybody out of the outdoor venue. Many people were bummed. csb

3 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

+1, and that smell's origin is well east from the county over.  FoCo is my next destination and I'll learn to become a local Rams fan.  Already marking down a trip for their game hosting Wyoming.

Their newish stadium is nice, but I wish they would have kept the old stadium up against one of the Horsetooth Reservoir dams. It was super cool.

Our son lives there with his young family. Our only grandkids 4 and 11 months. So we go up there when we can to visit. Always seem to have a good time when we're up there.

But as @honolulu horn said, I hope we do this:

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, The University said:

watching Sonny Lubick with Bradlee Van Pelt tear shit up in the early 2000s was fantastic.

I used to love that watching that dude. He literally spiked the ball on someone's face at one point. BVP forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It feels funny to say this, but Tory Horton will be one of the best WRs on our schedule this year.

Eugene Wilson and Barrion Brown are the only other guys who are even in the same discussion as Horton on our schedule. 

Edited by Newy25

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Eugene Wilson and Barrion Brown are the only other guys who are even in the same discussion as Horton on our schedule. 

He's really talented, but didn't Brown have a down year last year?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's really talented, but didn't Brown have a down year last year?

Yes he did. But that also speaks to the lack of skill receiving threats we will face this year too when those two are all I could come up with to compare to Horton. I guess Deion Burks would also be in that discussion. 

If we played a Big 12 schedule this year we would face more elite talent at WR. In that regard, we got a pretty nice draw on our SEC schedule. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

GV8dVDVWYAA_D1e?format=png&name=smallGV8dZAlWQAE19XD?format=png&name=small

Some serious All-Name Team potential up in FoCo. I sure hope Sark has Quinn, Jake, Anthony, and Michael prepared for this one.

Mukendi and Mulumba Wa-Kalonji

Buom Jock

Isaiah Essissima

Hidetora Hanada

Nuer Gatkuoth

Whitefield Powell

Jernias Tafia

Poukesi Vakauta

Aitor Urionabarrenechea

Geez…

Edited by SuperSport
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Pretty brave of CSU to give Texas an advantage like that by posting their depth chart. I assume Texas will make their depth chart available to media just moments before kickoff saturday

When two dogs meet, it’s common for one to immediately recognize the dominance of the other and immediately roll onto its back, revealing its most sensitive areas. This submission often prevents a scuffle, which would result in severe injury or death for the weaker animal. 

I think that’s what we’re seeing here…

However, some dominant dogs will take the opportunity to destroy the other, because they want to strike fear in everything watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

We should run the ball straight into that defensive line over and over and over.

Our smallish running backs with a shallow depth chart a week before heading into Michigan say ehhhh

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any other P4 teams not releasing depth charts this week? 

The amount of you that care about this stupid bullshit absolutelty amazes me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 8/25/2024 at 12:22 PM, BigOrange1 said:

I won't lie—I'm slightly concerned about the running game with the loss of Baxter. It obviously shouldn't be an issue against CSU, but in Week 2 at Michigan, I think we'll have some problems moving the ball on the ground. I'm not sure yet how significant this will be—our offense is still loaded everywhere else, and I think the defensive front is going to be electric. However, I do think Baxter's absence lowers the ceiling for this team. Hopefully, I'm wrong, someone steps up, or the ceiling was so high to begin with that lowering it slightly doesn't end up mattering.

Yeah, losing the starting running back lowers the ceiling for any team, especially when he was the #1 overall RB a couple of years ago.  Baxter was gonna break out in a big way.  It really sucks for him.

But I think/hope that we're in a better position than most teams to weather this.  We have like 42 good wide receivers, and Sark already likes to use the passing game as a running game pretty frequently.  And I think Blue can have a big year, and Quinn is pretty mobile, and it's not as if an injury to Quinn ends our season with Arch behind him.

I think we're just gonna try to cobble together a hundred or so yards on the ground and throw for bout tree fiddy.  Stop it if ya can.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

One time Texas commit, Winfield is starting at WR for Colorado State this weekend. 

What are the odds he calls Sark in the locker room at half time and tries to transfer to Texas for the second half?

• Haha 2