Prediction Contest Week 1: CSU @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

I’m proud to sponsor this board. I’m a mortgage guy and every time we do a loan on Surly we give back to the community. We also do other stuff to give back- like giving away free money to the weekly and season winners of this contest. If you bought a home in the last 2 years DM me- interest rates are going down and we can save you money. If you are looking to buy a house now call me. We are doing some cool shit, rates are dropping and qualified surly buyers get a free 1 point buy down on their rate for the first year. 
Commercial over. 

Remember 2 ways to win for sure and potentially 3 winners: closest to the final score, closest to the bonus question or funnest/wittiest/best comment made about how the game is going to go down. That might not be given away every week, but if we have good comments it will be. 

Texas 55

Colorado State 14

Bonus pick- Yards from scrimmage from the WR room: 264. 

Texas wins an easy game where we come out and establish dominance in all phases. Quinn throws for 300 plus through 3 quarters, Arch comes in and leads the team to a 4the quarter scoring drive. The defense gets after the QB with 3 or 4 sacks and the secondary looks good. They throw the ball around a lot, roll up 300 yards through the air, give some people things to hand wring about that ignore the score was never close, the average per completion is relatively low and we were never really threatened. Special teams scores a TD. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Horns - 38

Other horned animals - 10

WR room - 282 yards 

I feel like game 1 offensively always starts a little slow.  Quinn gets rollin after the first few series and throws for 3 TDs.  Blue/Wisner combo runs for a TD a piece and Burt hits him a 47 yarder early.  Arch gets a few series and our late addition SMU back gets a few toats along with Gibson. D forces a fumble, has 3+ sacks and Barron gets pick 1 of the year.  

Texas 37

CSU 17

WR Yards  311

As the Horns prepared for the gauntlet in their first year in the SEC, they obviously decided to keep their explosive wide-open offense under wraps. At times the offense looked more like explosive diarrhea than wide-open, but by the second half, the Horns’ talent was too much for CSU to overcome, and the Horns won fairly comfortably, albeit below the spread.

Posted (edited)

Texas 41-17.  Opening games have a long history of showing signs of rust and slow starts, and Colorado State isn’t the absolute pushover you’re typically facing in game 1.  Will be really curious to see what life after Murphy/Sweat looks like on the defensive side of the ball.  If history is my guide, we’ll emerge disappointed with at least the 1st half with questions heading into week 2 many of which will ultimately prove to be unfounded.  It should be added that w/ Michigan up next, Sark may drop a vanilla game script

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 3