Prediction Contest Week 1: CSU @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

I agree with TRL above.  I think Sark truncates the playbook and CSU is spicy in the first half.  Texas pulls away late but not before typical game thread shenanigans. 21-17 at half.

42-20 final

185 from receiving corp as mid3rd - 4th quarter is focused on running the ball.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Texas 56

CSU 10

WR Room 345

The Longhorns won’t even line up for a FG in the game AND they won’t punt on the CSU side of the 50 yd line, in fact there will be at least one time the will go for it on their side of the field.  Sark is going balls to the wall and I think the QB prodigy will make it in the game especially with MeatChicken the following weekend. 

Edited by NashLonghorn

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I agree with TRL above.  I think Sark truncates the playbook and CSU is spicy in the first half.  Texas pulls away late but not before typical game thread shenanigans. 21-17 at half.

42-20 final

185 from receiving corp as mid3rd - 4th quarter is focused on running the ball.

If this happens again the sec teams will be laughing at us…. I hope this is the year we quit playing down to teams but then again we haven’t seen anything else in over 12 years.  

Edited by Hook1997

13 hours ago, Darth Tron said:

Texas 52

Colorado State 14

Bonus pick- Yards from scrimmage from the WR room: 303

O/U on heatstrokes in the stadium: 13

I'll take the under for $1. The "silver backs" will be there for kick, just barely, and somewhere comfortable watching on TV by mid 2nd qtr. 

• Haha 1

Texas 24

Colorado State 21

WR - 179 yards

Just have this feeling we're gonna start slow. Lack of a superstar at RB will put more pressure on Quinn and the wideouts but they need to establish themselves first. Can't have a Quinn/Worthy/Oklahoma State debacle again. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Texas 54 

CSU 10

WR- 287 Yards

Pregnant chicks- 2

Texas offense way too much to handle in the heat for the visiting Rams.  The Texas defense gets to show off it's shiny new toys on the EDGE.  Trey Moore and Colin Simmons combine for 3 sacks and a shitload of QB pressures.  Arch Manning gets to play from late 3rd Quarter on and leads 2 touchdown drives.  Each drive leads to a lovely lady after the game where the next generation of Manning QB family is secured.  

Texas 38                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Colorado st 13

Texas: 45

Colorado St: 24

WR Scrimmage yards: 217

These cupcake games are honestly some of the hardest to predict. Texas keeps it pretty vanilla on offense but doesn't do anything stupid, and Colorado State simply can't defend them consistently. Colorado State's competent passing game moves the ball on Texas and raises some eyebrows, though it's a garbage time TD that lets CSU backdoor cover. Texas is going 6-6 and 16-0 at varying points of the game thread.

Posted (edited)

52 - 10.

CSU TD on a long busted play and field goal off a stupid early game type of mistake leaving CSU with good field position to start the drive. 

286 WR yards. 

Edited by Pods

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2024 at 7:32 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m proud to sponsor this board. I’m a mortgage guy and every time we do a loan on Surly we give back to the community. We also do other stuff to give back- like giving away free money to the weekly and season winners of this contest. If you bought a home in the last 2 years DM me- interest rates are going down and we can save you money. If you are looking to buy a house now call me. We are doing some cool shit, rates are dropping and qualified surly buyers get a free 1 point buy down on their rate for the first year. 
Commercial over. 

Remember 2 ways to win for sure and potentially 3 winners: closest to the final score, closest to the bonus question or funnest/wittiest/best comment made about how the game is going to go down. That might not be given away every week, but if we have good comments it will be. 

Texas 55

Colorado State 14

Bonus pick- Yards from scrimmage from the WR room: 264. 

Texas wins an easy game where we come out and establish dominance in all phases. Quinn throws for 300 plus through 3 quarters, Arch comes in and leads the team to a 4the quarter scoring drive. The defense gets after the QB with 3 or 4 sacks and the secondary looks good. They throw the ball around a lot, roll up 300 yards through the air, give some people things to hand wring about that ignore the score was never close, the average per completion is relatively low and we were never really threatened. Special teams scores a TD. 

Texas 35

CSU 17

WR yds 322

Edited by lilMAC25