2024 US Open tennis

Korda has some kind of right elbow issue… and he was knocked out in straight sets. 

He had a trainer check him in the middle of the first set and he appeared to be at 3/4 speed. 

Then he was up 3-0 to start the second set (I thought), but he lost 6-2, so obviously when I glanced at the TV, I read it wrong.

I pull for the guy, but he is mind-numbingly boring to watch… and frequently injured.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is beyond goddamn fucking ridiculous now. 

She just parted ways with her coach who The Tennis Podcast people would comment about when they saw him being a domineering asshole. (Seemed like an abusive relationship, but they wouldn’t go that far. At least emotionally abusive.)

Anyway, maybe she’s fucked up in the head or maybe she’s injured. She always seems like she’s walking on eggshells except for the small window when she is on court and bashing the shit out of her opponent.

She can do what she wants for now while she figures out her new existence. That guy was with her for several years. 

Nakashima’s volley to win the 3rd set was as impressive as it was funny seeing The Italian Mole (Musetti) turn to look at his team due to his not have a prayer at making contact with the ball. 

Just awesome. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Ball Basher Keys bounced by Mertens. No surprise there

The peeps at ESPN were already counting Keys as yet another American win today. 

Why anyone would count keys as an automatic win after winning the first set is beyond me. 

UPDATE:

And Alexei’s roar and he turned up the pace on a forehand that he was celebrating before the ball even hit the court was just awesome!!

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:50 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And Katie promptly blew that set. 

Karolina played exactly 3 more points today than this thread combined. 

By complete coincidence, I am renaming my penis "that set."