2024 US Open tennis

I wanted Navarro to win, but someone (or several people) should be fired  for letting those kids with oversized tennis balls run down to the side of the court before Coco was going to serve at 3-5 in the 3rd. 

For someone already in her head about her serve & her double faults, that was a huge distraction that said “We have confidence that you’ll choke.”

And she had 3 double faults in that final game to lose the match. 

And after losing, Coco skipped signing any of the kids’ tennis balls. She didn’t glare at the kids, because they didn’t know better, but the people who let them go down to the side of the court should all be fired.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I fucking love Emma Navarro. Bad ass on the court and very easy on the eyes. Love her rocking old school Fila gear.

She just had an interview on ESPN2 where she talked more than I have ever heard her talk, she had a few half smiles, and even commented that her dad flinches throughout her matches and tries to [use body language] to help the ball go where it needs to go, so it was no surprise to her that her parents weren’t sitting right next to each other. 

She still seems fairly boring, but she claims to get her “chill” from her mom. Her mom is pretty chill.

I’m caught in the great…

DirecTV (stream) vs Disney Family of Channels (ESPNs & ABC) Dispute of September 2024

…and I may be done with the rest of the US Open. 

I fly to Detroit Wednesday morning and then there is dinner with an English buddy from my time in Argentina that night, sightseeing Thursday day, and then off to the house for our Fantasy Football draft weekend with a Texas vs Michigan distraction & fallout almost all Saturday and driving back to Detroit on Sunday.

Hope the fuckers at DirecTV & Disney get this shit sorted this morning!

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

No CR but this is interesting:

She was definitely a cunt on this day.

PS- All of the Kazakhstani players are Russians who have never lived in Kazakhstan… 🇰🇿… they just don’t all act like this. 

3 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Good lord. Emma Navarro. What a comeback. Feel bad for Paula, that was a monumental collapse.

Can’t watch because I have DirectTV but I saw Paula was up 5-2 in the 2nd and figured they were playing 3. Was shocked to see Emma apparently ran off 5 straight games to win

Can’t watch because I have DirectTV but I saw Paula was up 5-2 in the 2nd and figured they were playing 3. Was shocked to see Emma apparently ran off 5 straight games to win

She was actually up 5-1 and Emma serving. Paula was in tears in the last game and wasn’t even looking or acknowledging her box. Just crazy.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

Good lord. Emma Navarro. What a comeback. Feel bad for Paula, that was a monumental collapse.

43 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

She was actually up 5-1 and Emma serving. Paula was in tears in the last game and wasn’t even looking or acknowledging her box. Just crazy.

IMG_0281.jpeg

Navarro then took six straight games, winning 24 of the last 28 points, as Badosa's game fell apart.

"After I got back to 5-2 I had a little bit of an inkling it would be two sets ... even if I did lose the second, I wanted to set the tone for the third set," Navarro said. "I can't see the future, but maybe today I could a little bit." 

Ouch. 

• Haha 1

I'm sure that the US Open is loving that their tournament is being sabotaged by ESPN pulling a power move on U-Verse & DirecTV (Stream).

At first they were shitting that top seeds were dropping left and right and now they're shitting because Americans are filling the voids, but millions can't just turn on their TVs and see the American success stories.

And the rest of the world can get the matches, but have waning interest.

Not their best year.