[Found Safe] Greg Swindell’s Daughter went missing

Rip76

9 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

A group of us took off for Vegas several years ago in the dead middle of the night after buying a huge bag full of illegal psychostimulants. 

Hopefully, it turns out to be something sweet and innocent like that.

Same, but switch Nuevo Laredo for Vegas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just clarifying facts as we know them at this point sans any speculation.

Brenna Swindell was last heard from on Thursday 8/22

She may or may not be with her boyfriend but Brenna's mom suspects that she is with her boy friend. That's assumtion is well supported as his phone was located in her car, turned off. This information is 100% coming from Brenna's mother. No official comments have supported any of this information.

Her boy friend has a warrant for unknown alleged crimes. Brenna's  mom alleged he is violent but hasn't provided any specifics of those alleged violent behaviors.

She left her children behind in Austin. We don't have a lot of details regarding custody of the children at this point. 

Greg Swindel, Brenna's father, is engaged with the police. It seems safe to assume he is filing a missing persons report, but that has not been confirmed. 

Her car was found in Colorado. The location was not disclosed. Both her phone and the allegedly violent boyfriend's phone were both found turned of in the car.

The boyfriend's father is also co-operative with the police investigation. We don't know whether or not he's also filed a missing person report.

We have no knowledge nor reports on the state of the relationship between Brenna and this boyfriend at the time of Brenna's disappearance. That is we don't know if they were still in a relationship or had broken up.

At this point all information has come from Brenna's mother and no authorities have confirmed nor denied any aspects.

If I've missed any facts, I'd really appreciate some clarity. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Just clarifying facts as we know them at this point sans any speculation.

Brenna Swindell was last heard from on Thursday 8/22

She may or may not be with her boyfriend but Brenna's mom suspects that she is with her boy friend. That's assumtion is well supported as his phone was located in her car, turned off. This information is 100% coming from Brenna's mother. No official comments have supported any of this information.

Her boy friend has a warrant for unknown alleged crimes. Brenna's  mom alleged he is violent but hasn't provided any specifics of those alleged violent behaviors.

She left her children behind in Austin. We don't have a lot of details regarding custody of the children at this point. 

Greg Swindel, Brenna's father, is engaged with the police. It seems safe to assume he is filing a missing persons report, but that has not been confirmed. 

Her car was found in Colorado. The location was not disclosed. Both her phone and the allegedly violent boyfriend's phone were both found turned of in the car.

The boyfriend's father is also co-operative with the police investigation. We don't know whether or not he's also filed a missing person report.

We have no knowledge nor reports on the state of the relationship between Brenna and this boyfriend at the time of Brenna's disappearance. That is we don't know if they were still in a relationship or had broken up.

At this point all information has come from Brenna's mother and no authorities have confirmed nor denied any aspects.

If I've missed any facts, I'd really appreciate some clarity. 

Update from yesterday evening

MORE FROM THE FAMILY:

***MORE UPDATE All we know about the car is that it went through a reader in colorado on 1-25 Friday evening. DPS has been working on it the best they can. Because the GPS isn’t on and no cell phones are on, there is no science exactly where the car is by now. We haven’t heard anything back from DPS but they are on it and the missing persons have been filed. We have had lots of leads and trying to sift through them. Until we can get KIA to activate the GPS tomorrow morning, and also figure out what apartment she is in as she moved on Tuesday and nobody knows the number, and the complex is closed today. So we desperately need to in tomorrow.
We SO appreciate all the leads and the offers of help from people in Colorado. But we have no idea where in Colorado they are, or if they are even still there. PLEASE keep the tips coming of any sightings or information. Again, her boyfriend is in trouble with law from when he assaulted her last month and we don’t know if she went with him willingly, was talked into running away with him, or what. I still feel she would never abandon her 3 children or just take off without explanation. So until we can prove otherwise, we feel she is in danger. Thank you again, everyone.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What?  She moved on Tuesday and they don’t know where?

Do you find that odd an adult wouldn't tell her parents her new apartment number right off the bat?  I certainly wouldn't prioritize such a thing.  Eventually, yes, but unless they're coming over to help that's kind of low on the list.  She clearly told them the name and location of the apartment complex.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They know the apartment she moved to, not the specific apartment number. According to Brenna's mother, the apartment complex office was closed yesterday. It was Sunday, so it's a bit odd but not truly odd. Clearly, mom didn't help in the moving process. That's not a shock.

Still don't know who is tending the children. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What is so odd about that? I moved 6 times in 3 years after UT in a job rotation. I'm sure I provided my new address to my folks at some point after moving, but I'm 100% certain I didnt do it on the day of, because I had shit going on. Did some of you call your parents every morning and update them on bowel movements? She's 30 years old for christ's sake. 

• Hook 'Em 4

If my daughter had been recently assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, I'd probably want to know the exact address where she and my three grandkids were living. I'd also be helping her and my three grandkids move in case her ex-boyfriend who recently assaulted her showed up.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

Damn. This is a weird one. If they know the apartment complex, it seems like it shouldn't take too long to get into contact with the property manager to see which apartment it is. And if the car is not at the complex I'd say that is a bit odd as well.

But...seems like too much second hand info going around. I'm not sure what to trust here, so I'll just sit back and hope everyone is safe.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

This doesn't look good

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This doesn't look good

Agreed, but it turns out it's not the case. 

The phones are turned off, and allegedly the car was tracked in Colorado.

There is a single source of information so far. I'm not saying that anything Brenna's mom is reporting is a lie at all.  They may well all be factually accurate. On the flip side until there is confirmation and clarification by a third party, preferably legal authorities, it's foolish to jump to solid conclusions. 

Edited by BurntEyes

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Agreed, but it turns out it's not the case. 

The phones are turned off, and allegedly the car was tracked in Colorado.

There is a single source of information so far. I'm not saying that anything Brenna's mom is reporting is a lie at all.  They may well all be factually accurate. On the flip side until there is confirmation and clarification by a third party, preferably legal authorities, it's foolish to jump to solid conclusions. 

Yeah I hope you're right

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Damn. This is a weird one. If they know the apartment complex, it seems like it shouldn't take too long to get into contact with the property manager to see which apartment it is. And if the car is not at the complex I'd say that is a bit odd as well.

But...seems like too much second hand info going around. I'm not sure what to trust here, so I'll just sit back and hope everyone is safe.

I tend to agree that reaching apartment management on a Sunday isn't impossible even if the offices are closed.

The second hand information comes from a single source. Brenna's mom. To my knowledge, based purely on this thread, no one else has confirmed any data.

I could speculate a lot on Brenna's mom not knowing the address and Brenna turning off her phone, but choose not to as I don't even have confirmed support that information is accurate.

We fully agree in the hope everyone is safe aspect.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

If my daughter had been recently assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, I'd probably want to know the exact address where she and my three grandkids were living. I'd also be helping her and my three grandkids move in case her ex-boyfriend who recently assaulted her showed up.

We don't know for a fact that this assault occurred. We don't know if the boy friend was an ex or just a boyfriend. In the speculation game which we could play, we don't know who was, and was NOT unwelcome at the new apartment. There is a flip side to this that must be at least considered. 

Did an assault by the male occur? Unconfirmed

Was he an ex or boyfriend? Unknown, unstated, iirc.

Males father and Brenna's father are both speaking with police, according to Brenna's mother. What were those discussions.

According to Brenna mom, Brenna has been filed as a missing person, but it is unconfirmed by any authorities, to the best of my knowledge.

I could provide a lot of conjecture as to the reality of the situation from 2 different angles. However, using a tad of critical thinking, from my views, a single point source of information being only Brenna's mother, creates more questions than answers at this point. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

They know the apartment she moved to, not the specific apartment number. According to Brenna's mother, the apartment complex office was closed yesterday. It was Sunday, so it's a bit odd but not truly odd. Clearly, mom didn't help in the moving process. That's not a shock.

Still don't know who is tending the children. 

Shit, I could help my son move in and not remember the apartment number. I could find it again, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

And if the car is not at the complex I'd say that is a bit odd as well.

Not odd at all, as the car was picked up on surveillance (toll booth?) in Colorado, it was not at the new apartment after the night of the disappearance. 

***MORE UPDATE All we know about the car is that it went through a reader in colorado on 1-25 Friday evening

Unless you are referring to the property manager's car, the post upthread said the vehicle was already spotted in CO.

Edited by jdhorn92

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Shit, I could help my son move in and not remember the apartment number. I could find it again, though.

I know where each of my kids live and how to get there, but I couldn't tell you either address. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Finally they name the ex-boyfriend

Most of us are thinking the same thing: last seen at bar w/ex boyfriend. Not saying that what happened is the ex-boyfriend (got mad  and killed her/Fled in a panic and turned off phones but it seems the most likely. What a shitty story. I try to hope for the best here but why is someone who is very social with kids (no matter how irresponsible she may be) not with her phone? Not good. 

Hope LE can figure out what happened but I would be shocked if it was anything other than the Ex-boyfriend did something to her. Hope she is still alive. 

Edited by Nicole44

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I would be shocked if it was anything other than the Ex-boyfriend did something to her. Hope she is still alive. 

Same.

It's either that (the most likely situation) or she had some kind of mental breakdown and is trying to cut her entire family off, kids included, and somehow the ex-boyfriend's phone is a part of it all

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

That's not good at all.

• Hook 'Em 2