[Found Safe] Greg Swindell’s Daughter went missing

Rip76

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

How often does someone skip town without telling anyone and deliberately turns their phone off for the entire trip?

I don't know an exact number but for clearly unstable, intoxicated, perhaps drug addled 20-30 somethings in love, one of which is facing jail time, probably a lot more frequently than you appear to suspect.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The more you read the more the whole family just seems like a bunch of giant idiots who you probably shouldn't trust. Glad she's safe but yeah. Kinda shitty to waste people's time, resources, and emotional energy looking for a missing person who it turns out isn't really missing. 

I'll just point out, there was a single individual primarily leading this "man hunt".

I suspect Greg felt a social pressure to voice his concerns given the realities, but he made a single comment based on what I'm aware of currently. Aside from "she's fine everyone".

53 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

yeah but how do you prove it without a cooperative victim

In notoriously tough-on-crime LA, they subpoena the victims to court and threaten to arrest them if they don't show up. then they put them on the stand and browbeat them until they start crying and admit to some or all of the conduct occurring. Results are mixed.

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Foosters said:

In notoriously tough-on-crime LA, they subpoena the victims to court and threaten to arrest them if they don't show up. then they put them on the stand and browbeat them until they start crying and admit to some or all of the conduct occurring. Results are mixed.

The same people who couldn't even convict OJ Simpson? Bold strategy

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm really not trying to slam you man, but how do you come to the conclusion she never planned to return. 

It's not unreasonable to think that MIGHT have occurred or been the plan, but this really looks more like an impulsive choice by 2 not so logical people who were "in love"for a road trip prior to potential court issues.

It was hers. It wasn't stolen.

Cops said they found them because the license plate matched a car reported as stolen.  My best guess is her mom reported it as such to help with the search.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, shakahorn said:

Cops said they found them because the license plate matched a car reported as stolen.  My best guess is her mom reported it as such to help with the search.

yeah this is where i got the "stolen car" thing from but in retrospect the above is likely correct.

17 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Thanks for the clarification,  missed it, and that certainly tracks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I did Ft Worth - Seattle in 4 days in February on a Suzuki 750. Took basically the same route with a few desert shortcuts. It rained from El Paso to Portland.

I did Austin-Bastrop-Lockhart-Austin in 3 days. I was on an old mountain bike that my housemate had borrowed and lowered the seat an inch without telling me. This caused my knee to blow up, plus for some reason a couple of the gears wouldn't sync up. I was semi-crippled by Creedmoor but in my pride I turned down a chance to heave it into the back of a truck and ride into Austin. By the time I hit South Congress, it was a slight downhill all the way to the river and I just smoooooved on in.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had to get back to Seattle by a certain date or I was AWOL. Made it with 6 hours to spare. No shit about the rain though. It was the worst in BFE Southern desert between Lordsburg, NM and Tucson, AZ. Lightened up across Mohave, Bakersfield and then I got to Stockton, hit 5 and the rain came back with a fucking vengeance. Stopped in Weed tired and soaking wet, got a mercy bowl of stew from a cafe waitress, meanwhile her boyfriend stole my boombox off my bike. So no tunes for the last 500 miles. At least it stopped raining when I got to Portland.

But, umm, she's verified okay, right?

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

20 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Swindell won a World Series title with the Astros in 2002?

They were close.  We was with the Diamondbacks when they won in 2001

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I did and a friend of mine married one. Interestingly 2 of the girls in the group became nuns. @Beau Vine's wife probably knows who I am talking about.

My first ex was an AXO

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That would be a blow to the ego.  They break up with you so they can go nun.

Yeah, the guy who that happened to married well, though and his daughter was a recent Texas cheerleader/pom or some such. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That would be a blow to the ego.  They break up with you so they can go nun.

My best friend in grad school had a girl dump him for another girl.  We gave him unmerciful shit about that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

My best friend in grad school had a girl dump him for another girl.  We gave him unmerciful shit about that.

He was having threesomes with both of them before he got dumped.  

That scenario is about as predictable as a girl with a shitty father needing love and attention so bad she’s unwilling to press charges and perfectly willing to run off with the guy who beats her.  

25 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Sure, but the real question is, how many good CFS places are between Texas and Oregon?

I bet the number is surprisingly high. You're in Texas for a hot minute before hitting New Mexico and depending on the route some major cities could be in the mix. I would hypothesize the number at 10.

Legit looking place in Denver

2022-11-14.jpg.ca1ffd42ae6610003f9876f5d3a4a5e7.jpg2017-05-10.jpg.c156073b88974d7f27f0f8517aec4788.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I bet the number is surprisingly high. You're in Texas for a hot minute before hitting New Mexico and depending on the route some major cities could be in the mix. I would hypothesize the number at 10.

Legit looking place in Denver

2022-11-14.jpg.ca1ffd42ae6610003f9876f5d3a4a5e7.jpg2017-05-10.jpg.c156073b88974d7f27f0f8517aec4788.jpg

All I know is that 40+ years ago, we were in Carlsbad with my grandparents (taking young Brisket to see the caverns), and my S. Texas grandpa ordered biscuits and gravy at breakfast.  They brought him mediocre biscuits....with a bowl of brown gravy.

Grandpa looked a lot like this that morning...

5b3e0ddf0f52b81cb71f7830f6d19a12.gif

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It was honestly pretty devastating, but because he was my best friend, I repeatedly pointed out that he was apparently so unfulfilling that she not only dumped him, she dumped the entire male race.  

As good friends do.  You did right.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He was not.  He didn't know the other girl.  He and I were at a bar right after she dumped him and we saw her there with the other girl.  A couple of days later, she officially broke the news to him.  

It was honestly pretty devastating, but because he was my best friend, I repeatedly pointed out that he was apparently so unfulfilling that she not only dumped him, she dumped the entire male race.  

Did you point out that, while fairly feminine, he just wasn’t feminine enough?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He was not.  He didn't know the other girl.  He and I were at a bar right after she dumped him and we saw her there with the other girl.  A couple of days later, she officially broke the news to him.  

c6GpQjuNPkTmKQ18tll5hLXnkv76kTeuXaFcKf4m

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All I know is that 40+ years ago, we were in Carlsbad with my grandparents (taking young Brisket to see the caverns), and my S. Texas grandpa ordered biscuits and gravy at breakfast.  They brought him mediocre biscuits....with a bowl of brown gravy.

Grandpa looked a lot like this that morning...

5b3e0ddf0f52b81cb71f7830f6d19a12.gif

As good friends do.  You did right.

Well, if young Brisketexan and family were on the way to Oregon and ended up at Carlsbad, someone had some really shitty navigation skills.