O•A•S•I•S

Bottlecap

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

i am going to spend entirely too much time in manchester next summer if this thing stays on the other side of the atlantic.

is the speculation a reunion tour or album or what?

23 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

is the speculation a reunion tour or album or what?

tour. depending which blovating british correspondent you believe, either a handful of nights at wembley and somewhere in manchester, potentially glastonbury, and then some have a handful of dates in north and south america happening as well. 

As an American, this barely moves the needle.  They have a few good songs, but they never crossed from 'good' to 'great' for me.

That said, being in the crowd for a stadium gig in their heyday would have been an A+ time.   I'm going to guess that their reunion shows will be like Metallica shows where the crowd is now older and far more mellow and polite than decades earlier. 

If the were playing locally, I wouldn't bother, but if I was going to be in the UK and could get tickets; hell yeah.

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

being in the crowd for a stadium gig in their heyday would have been an A+ time. 

weren't they notorious for being either completely on or completely off?  would've been quite the experience having a ticket in hand not knowing what you were going to get that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, stc said:

saw them when they played acl festival in 2005. they weren't good. 

I acquiesce with this statement. But also some might say that ACL bands typically play subpar compared to solo shows, you just can't trust these rock n roll bands, they'll throw it all away.

I am traveling half the world away if they don't come to the USA. Just gonna roll with it.

Edited by JNip
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JNip said:

But also some might say that ACL bands typically play subpar compared to solo shows

I've never found that to be the case. Shorter sets maybe but most of the bad festival sets I've seen have been hip-hop artists or people that weren't very talented to begin with. 

Like someone else said - I think Oasis has an established track record of playing crappy shows. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never found that to be the case. Shorter sets maybe but most of the bad festival sets I've seen have been hip-hop artists or people that weren't very talented to begin with. 

Like someone else said - I think Oasis has an established track record of playing crappy shows. 

Ah come on, sing me something new. Even an extraordinary guy can have an ordinary day. Listen up, I hope I think I know that whatever you think you might've as well just sit in your rockin chair. D'yuh know what I mean?

Edited by JNip
  • Haha 1

Saw em at Austin Music Hall in 1995 which was as fantastic as you could imagine a band that was peaking in a 2,000(?) person venue. I was also at that 2005 ACL show and yeah I wouldn’t say they were bad or anything but they were fairly unremarkable. 

• Haha 1

Summer 2025? That leaves a whole year for the headcase brothers to remember why they broke up and that they don't like each other.  50/50 chance the tour never happens.*

*unless they need the money; rock star life ain't cheap.

• Hook 'Em 3

Summer 2025? That leaves a whole year for the headcase brothers to remember why they broke up and that they don't like each other.  50/50 chance the tour never happens.*

*unless they need the money; rock star life ain't cheap.

Money will get it done. From what I understand, Daltrey and Townsend stay in separate hotels, do separate sound checks and only see each other when they walk on stage. The next time they see each other is when they walk on stage the next time.

16 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Saw em at Austin Music Hall in 1995 which was as fantastic as you could imagine a band that was peaking in a 2,000(?) person venue. I was also at that 2005 ACL show and yeah I wouldn’t say they were bad or anything but they were fairly unremarkable. 

1996. I was there too.

My prediction: A lot of people are going to be very disappointed by this tour

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Does Vegas have an o/u for how many shows this tour will last?

Vegas, No.

British betting sites, Yeah, I'm sure you could find that.

https://www.olbg.com/news/oasis-reunion-betting-odds-tuesdays-massive-announcement-around-potential-oasis-reunion-sees-odds-manchester-london-and-even-glastonbury-dates

image.png.76b609788379c0b640b3ac32aa9d3bba.png

19 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Does Vegas have an o/u for how many shows this tour will last?

speaking of Vegas, a week or two Oasis stint at The Sphere would be incredible.

i may be going to Northern Ireland next summer for the British Open. friends of ours who live there have tickets.  i'm gonna try for Oasis tix around that same time.  i'm not a big Oasis guy but i'd absolutely go if i can get seats.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I never really heard much Oasis until I stumbled upon Little Steven’s Underground Garage on Sirius XM about twenty years ago.

They play a lot of their stuff and I like everything I have heard.

Would love to see them.

I got more into Oasis about 10 years after their stretch of peak fame. They're definitely one of those bands whose strength is buried deep behind their hit songs and more into their catalogue. So many great, lesser known songs. The Supersonic film is a very enjoyable watch for anyone that likes Oasis.

7 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I got more into Oasis about 10 years after their stretch of peak fame. They're definitely one of those bands whose strength is buried deep behind their hit songs and more into their catalogue. So many great, lesser known songs. The Supersonic film is a very enjoyable watch for anyone that likes Oasis.

The fact that their B-Side album may be their best says a lot.

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I'll probably grab London tickets. They're doing four dates at Wembley. It shouldn't be an issue getting tickets.

every male in the uk between the ages of 25-60 is going to attempt to get tickets to these shows. i was at the deep elllum show above, i have seen them around 10 times and despite hit and miss nature of their live shows, when they are on it remains one of the most powerful communal live music experiences that has ever been. noel isn't exactly beethoven when it comes to nuance, but he has an ear for melody few writers can match. this is going to be fucking epic, assuming they don't kill each other first.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I never really heard much Oasis until I stumbled upon Little Steven’s Underground Garage on Sirius XM about twenty years ago.

They play a lot of their stuff and I like everything I have heard.

Would love to see them.

Silvio Dante also programs "Outlaw Country" and it's pretty great too. 

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Silvio Dante also programs "Outlaw Country" and it's pretty great too. 

Agree

Steven started a new channel several years ago called The Coolest Songs In The World which is 721 on the app and I love it.

Discovered a lot of great bands I never heard before.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Would it be cool to see them?  Yes.  Would I want to pay what it will take?  F No.

Artists fall into 3 categories for me:

- artists I would pay to see

- artists I would see if someone had an extra ticket and invited me 

- artists I wouldn't go see for free

Oasis is a soft category 2 for me. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Would it be cool to see them?  Yes.  Would I want to pay what it will take?  F No.

This is becoming a recurring theme for with music.  With the exception of Pearl Jam and maybe the Foo Fighters, there isn't a single "Big" legacy band that I'd pay the cost of seeing to see.

I love Oasis, but I don't think their strength has really ever been being an amazing live show.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is becoming a recurring theme for with music.  With the exception of Pearl Jam and maybe the Foo Fighters, there isn't a single "Big" legacy band that I'd pay the cost of seeing to see.

I love Oasis, but I don't think their strength has really ever been being an amazing live show.

Not quite the opposite, but close. Their shenanigans, usually at the expense of the attendees, are the stuff of legend. Liam would often take entire songs off, requiring Noel to fill in on vocals, and when he did decide to sing, he had a habit of ad-libbing to shitty effect. You will rarely come across an artist so unconcerned with his fans' experience or enjoyment as Liam Gallagher. (His brother is only well regarded because Liam sets the bar so low and the comparison makes him look like he has Ronnie James Dio's need to please.)

Would love to see them live.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I kind of agree but at the same time you never know until you actually go to the show. 

I got tickets to see Jimmy Eat World maybe 5 years back and Third Eye Blind was the headliner. I came in thinking "eh they have a few good songs - they might be good, too".

They were fucking awesome. Put on a great show start to finish. Despite not being a band I'd ever pay to see (well, now I could probably be talked into it again).

Part of the issue is always your expectations, though. I've seen both FF and Pearl Jam. I remember them both being good shows - but nothing that blew me away. 

Green Day and Blink 182 are a couple I'd like to check off my list at some point. But I'm not going to drop like $300 to see either of them. 

Pearl Jam and FF are two of my favorite bands from that era and I've never seen either.  PJ was my favorite band in my early 20's.  FF was right in the mix at that time as well.  It would be driven more by the idea if that I don't see them at that point I never would, as opposed to an expectation that it would be a truly great show (although I've watched a ton of both live and have no doubt I'd enjoy it).

I've seen a lot of clips of Oasis live and they were always pretty good.  They just never struck me as the kind of band where people traded bootlegs of legendary shows and shit like that.  The biggest Oasis bootleg is just a recording of Liam and Noel fighting with each other backstage.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve seen 33 PJ shows (34th on Saturday) and only twice have they not played something I hadn’t heard live before. That’s what sets them apart. You see a few FF shows and you get the gist. Still good though. 

Ticket prices were released and they’re not bad at all…

Cardiff, London, Edinburgh

Pitch Standing – £135.00 (face value) plus fees
Seats – £65 (face value) plus fees
Seats – £90 (face value) plus fees
Seats – £115 (face value) plus fees
Seats – £150 (face value) plus fees
Seats – £185 (face value) plus fees
Premium Standing Package – £195 (face value) plus fees
Premium Seat Package – £250 (face value) plus fees
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

PJ and FF are my top two with Metallica rounding out my third. I passed on discounted Tix to both PJ and FF within the past 2 years.  Just had no compulsion to go.  I thought about going to see The King last spring but the whole thing being at Kyle Field killed it 

I do however pay $$$$$ to go to classical music events.