O•A•S•I•S

Bottlecap

Sometimes there’s a potentially decent to good band who puts out one song that ruins it for me. For Oasis, that was Champagne Supernova. I’ve just never gotten over those stupid, sophomoric lyrics.

I have enjoyed some of Noah Gallagher’s solo stuff, though.

On 8/28/2024 at 12:00 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I got more into Oasis about 10 years after their stretch of peak fame. They're definitely one of those bands whose strength is buried deep behind their hit songs and more into their catalogue. So many great, lesser known songs. The Supersonic film is a very enjoyable watch for anyone that likes Oasis.

I bought “What’s The Story, Morning Glory?” Along with 10 to 20 other CDs for $0.01 in one of those BMI/Columbia music things. 

As far as I knew at the time and as far as I’m concerned now, that was the only album that they ever released. 

On 8/28/2024 at 1:08 PM, JNip said:

The fact that their B-Side album may be their best says a lot.

Fun fact: several of those songs were recorded in Austin.  IIRC, it was: Good To Be Free, Talk Tonight, and Half the World Away.  

Apparently, everyone in the UK is going to the 17 shows.  When I attempted to get tickets, I was 375,000th in the queue.  When I got to the front of the queue, I was kicked back out to the beginning and was 120,000th in line.  I guess I'll wait for the North American tour if they don't murder each other by then. 

Oasis is adding some extra Wembley shows with controlled ticket prices to make up for the ticketing clusterfuck. Only those who were logged in to Ticketmaster UK and got kicked out of the queue are in the lottery for tickets. Just got the email that I am one of them. Hopefully I get selected to buy tickets.

Wilonsky posted this the other day.  Oasis at Deep Ellum live in 1995.  by all accounts, it was an epic show.

Don’t know if I would see them now, but I saw them at The Bronco Bowl on a Saturday night in ‘96. It was an excellent rock show.