2024 Season Surly Horns Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Everyone has probably seen the Michigan tailgate thread, starting this one for all the home games + the away games we will be at. 

We plan on being at all away games unless there is no interest. 

We have a killer setup this year and the OTF crew including Bobby, CJ and Gerry will be at every home game doing the live pregame show from the tailgate. 

This year we are doing something a bit different for the tailgate. Instead of free admission for everyone you must have swag of some kind from surly, OTF, burnt ends or pay a small amount to cover costs starting week 3. 

2 ways to pay:

1) anonymous/no link to user https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/tailgate/

2) as a season pass and attached to user 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/store/category/6-tailgate-donation-payments/

Full season includes food and booze to all home and discounts (at cost) to away games.

8AM till 2 hours after end of game every home game and away games will be TBD. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We are still looking for food sponsors for some of the home games. If you or someone you know is in the restaurant business in Austin let me know. 

The tailgate this year is ~20k for all home games without food costs so we need 100 people to sign up for full season to break even, which would be great but not the goal. Just to let people know why we went away from completely free. 

1 minute ago, Soliver465 said:

I kicked in early this morning via Apple Pay.

I am also contributing to Texas One fund.

i hope I’m on the list.

looking forward to Saturday!

Hell yeah! Thanks for the support. It helps a ton for us to continue doing these community events. It's also a hell of a deal for food+booze for the entire season.

We are cooking up something BIG for TX/OU so plan on being in Dallas even if you don't have tickets for the game. We'll be in fair park no more spoilers.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Just paid season in full. If we’re bringing someone with us, do we just buy them a single game pass online or can we just pay when we get there?

just buy them one of the koozie's we'll have available or a OTF hat etc. If you don't have swag you buy swag at the tailgate. Easy to monitor without wristbands and keeps it supporters only :)

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

just buy them one of the koozie's we'll have available or a OTF hat etc. If you don't have swag you buy swag at the tailgate. Easy to monitor without wristbands and keeps it supporters only :)

Is the paying anonymously option just on the honor system?

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is the paying anonymously option just on the honor system?

I meant anonymous to the board and record of payment. It's not anonymous because it requires you to be a real person and a card etc. 

Theres a ton of lurkers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

I meant anonymous to the board and record of payment. It's not anonymous because it requires you to be a real person and a card etc. 

Theres a ton of lurkers. 

I meant, how are you checking for that? (I may or may not come to the tailgate but I'll chip in some either way)

2 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

what if we do a sponsorship with a round of shots for a group immediately after a win? 

Like nineliveslost covers the first 100 shots after game 1. 

Liquor company? I mean yeah great. 

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I meant, how are you checking for that? (I may or may not come to the tailgate but I'll chip in some either way)

I'll be there lol it's not complicated

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Liquor company? I mean yeah great. 

No. like I, or anyone, will sponsor a winning round of shots. $500(or whatever), but specifically for shots with a win. Rolls over if we don't use it all. Doubt that will happen 

Remember, there's a bunch of horn fans that don't live anywhere close but just want to contribute to Surly, Texas and the winning culture .... and drinking. One shot per person so no one gets any legal trouble. 

maybe this is a dumb idea 

10 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

No. like I, or anyone, will sponsor a winning round of shots. $500(or whatever), but specifically for shots with a win. Rolls over if we don't use it all. Doubt that will happen 

Remember, there's a bunch of horn fans that don't live anywhere close but just want to contribute to Surly, Texas and the winning culture .... and drinking. One shot per person so no one gets any legal trouble. 

maybe this is a dumb idea 

It's a great idea. I'm all for it! We can post a video of it and even yell a personalized chant. 

Just now, immamac said:

It's a great idea. I'm all for it! We can post a video of it and even yell a personalized chant. 

Done. I'm in. Set something up and give me something to click and I will contribute a good chunk 

Do we want to do a per game sponsor or a season bucket of funds with multiple sponsors?

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

Done. I'm in. Set something up and give me something to click and I will contribute a good chunk 

Do we want to do a per game sponsor or a season bucket of funds with multiple sponsors?

There's a sponsor option in the link upthread. You can also send me a DM if you use the anonymous button which is linked at the top nav of the site. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, immamac said:

There's a sponsor option in the link upthread. You can also send me a DM if you use the anonymous button which is linked at the top nav of the site. 

ok , I'll do the $500 but I want it for the shot club ( ONLY FOR WINS ). I'll do a shot at home with you homies. I assume we have to limit the # per game like first 50 -100 ????? You are smart, you can set the parameters.

I can see it now " Shots provided after a win by nineliveslost (and his wife) to his fellow surly assholes" That would be EPIC !!!!

AND if I make it to a game I will party in person 

I'm not contributing to fucking nachos or stress balls. . . not that there is anything wrong with those 

You slap a gua-ran-damn-tee on shots and I am in 

Edited by nineliveslost
the 0 matters
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

What are we shooting? Dealers choice. 

I am a wimp with shots. Wife picks Fireball to put me to sleep when I get too rowdy. My choice would be any flavor of Crown Royal

I'll punt back to the team. What would they prefer? NO 151 bullshit 

Parking question:  For years I have utilized the Dobie Garage and just hoofed it past the fountain down to DKR.  It wasn't very far, the cops wouldn't hassle me if I hid my beer while I was walking, and most importantly nobody seemed to know about it so there was always availability.  Evidently they shut it down and will be (or already have) bulldozed it to make room for more buildings nobody will be able to park near.  Any suggestions for where to go now for cheapish and available parking within walking distance of the stadium?

Tailgate Question:  Family friendly?

28 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Parking question:  For years I have utilized the Dobie Garage and just hoofed it past the fountain down to DKR.  It wasn't very far, the cops wouldn't hassle me if I hid my beer while I was walking, and most importantly nobody seemed to know about it so there was always availability.  Evidently they shut it down and will be (or already have) bulldozed it to make room for more buildings nobody will be able to park near.  Any suggestions for where to go now for cheapish and available parking within walking distance of the stadium?

Tailgate Question:  Family friendly?

Very family friendly. IMG_2090.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, immamac said:

Hell yeah! Thanks for the support. It helps a ton for us to continue doing these community events. It's also a hell of a deal for food+booze for the entire season.

We are cooking up something BIG for TX/OU so plan on being in Dallas even if you don't have tickets for the game. We'll be in fair park no more spoilers.

Don't forget the Burnt Ends flags this time 😉

Posted (edited)

To be clear, if we're already Burnt Ends members, still need to buy the season pass? I'll probably be there most if not all home games.

I'll certainly donate as well for a friend tagging along.

Likely to be at Michigan as well, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting on plans from family in Detroit.

Edited by LonghornSean

12 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

To bel clear, if we're already Burnt Ends members, still need to buy the season pass? I'll probably be there most if not all home games.

I'll certainly donate as well for a friend tagging along.

Likely to be at Michigan as well, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting on plans from family in Detroit.

I would prefer that, but up to you. It helps a lot 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pd for 2 but not sure we’ll even make it there. 2 of my kids are students there so we will spend time with them until they get in line for the game, just happy to support. Maybe I’ll have time for a beer or two.

Hook’em

Not sure where to post this, but I usually stay and help out at the tailgates. I don't typically go into the games. I'm looking to get these limited edition yetis from the stadium, i have a collection of all the others. I can pay the cost plus a finders fee if necessary. Just dm if you're willing to help out. TIA

10 hours ago, GTNY said:

Not sure how I feel about seeing some of you degenerates in person 

It's really not that bad.  You'd think that most of the guys on Surly are losers in real life, and . . . well . . . they are.  But beer and food.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'll be there with the wife, my daughter and her OU friend for Mississippi State game. Hoping to convert her.

Any other games? Looking forward to seeing y'all again!