2024 Season Surly Horns Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Just now, immamac said:

Any other games? Looking forward to seeing y'all again! 

Probably not, we will see, daughter made varsity cross country as a freshman and will be on the varsity bowling team too. She always has a meet or tournament. We take her for her birthday every year so plan at least one. I'm sure it will be fun as always.

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Fuck yeah let's do it. Georgia game? 

I will for sure be there for the Georgia and Florida games. Right now I’m not sure if I will make any others. I’ll text you soon and we can work out whatever you think would work best.

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

So my wife and I can just show up buy some swag and then we get to eat and drink, do I have that right?

Yep. 

Bobby will be going live soon from the tailgate for the pregame show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So I'm one of the lurkers immamac referenced earlier, but I finally pulled the trigger and subscribed.  I'm coming up for the UTSA game with family and friends.  My son is a freshman at UT and his twin sister is doing her first year at UTSA (she's in the CAP program and will be transferring to UT next year).  We're going to be a mixed crew of UT and UTSA fans and I want to make sure it's not a party foul if we show up at the tailgate.  Happy to buy swag or pre-purchase for the group, just want to be respectful.  Just let me know. HOOK 'EM!

• Hook 'Em 5

50 minutes ago, Dogfish said:

So I'm one of the lurkers immamac referenced earlier, but I finally pulled the trigger and subscribed.  I'm coming up for the UTSA game with family and friends.  My son is a freshman at UT and his twin sister is doing her first year at UTSA (she's in the CAP program and will be transferring to UT next year).  We're going to be a mixed crew of UT and UTSA fans and I want to make sure it's not a party foul if we show up at the tailgate.  Happy to buy swag or pre-purchase for the group, just want to be respectful.  Just let me know. HOOK 'EM!

We are all fan friendly! See you there. 

18 hours ago, immamac said:

We are all fan friendly! See you there. 

Awesome, thank you!  Just so I know what we may need to bring, I'm assuming food and drink (alcoholic and otherwise) and we need to bring our own chairs.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.  

6 minutes ago, Dogfish said:

Awesome, thank you!  Just so I know what we may need to bring, I'm assuming food and drink (alcoholic and otherwise) and we need to bring our own chairs.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.  

We have all that. Bring the party vibes.

19 hours ago, Dogfish said:

You're good. At CSU we were right next to a CSU tailgate and we had good conversation with them. They won't get run off by any means.

• Hook 'Em 1

So looks like I finally have an opportunity to attend this event. Kid has parents weekend for frat and wife is bailing on me to attend a wedding shower so I’m flying solo after 3 oclock.

3 quick questions

1) Does this tailgate go through game or end before kickoff
I wasn’t planning on going to game since solo and was going to watch from alumni center?
2) can I sign up AT the event for ongoing donations or does that have to be before?
3) can I just bring some cash for a beer or 8?

Thanks. Hope it works out as would love to met some of y’all IRL.

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

So looks like I finally have an opportunity to attend this event. Kid has parents weekend for frat and wife is bailing on me to attend a wedding shower so I’m flying solo after 3 oclock.

3 quick questions

1) Does this tailgate go through game or end before kickoff
I wasn’t planning on going to game since solo and was going to watch from alumni center?
2) can I sign up AT the event for ongoing donations or does that have to be before?
3) can I just bring some cash for a beer or 8?

Thanks. Hope it works out as would love to met some of y’all IRL.

I will watch the game at the tailgate. It's a watch party during the game and goes until midnight. Yeah you can pay there. See you there. 

39 minutes ago, GottaB said:

I should be able to make it this week. Wife and kids in tow. 

Fuck yeah. 

• Like 1

Gonna need to see some ID, bud. Not getting busted for that again. Everybody knows cops sit outside the distribution center looking for kids trying to get adults to buy 10 cases of beer for them..

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

need someone to pick up like 10 cases of beer and stuff from Faust Distributing in Houston by 3PM.

Anyone headed this way today that could do this? My plan A has failed.

• Haha 2