2024 Season Surly Horns Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Well we missed every surly tailgate last year for a variety of reasons but working on a potential plan to make it tomorrow. We let go of our season tickets so would watch the game at the tailgate. I assume we just bring chairs and there’s people watching during the game?

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Well we missed every surly tailgate last year for a variety of reasons but working on a potential plan to make it tomorrow. We let go of our season tickets so would watch the game at the tailgate. I assume we just bring chairs and there’s people watching during the game?

we have 50+ chairs no need to bring your own :)

Food mains will go out around 3-330 tomorrows menu: 

Apps and snacks:

Assorted potato chips

Queso and guacamole + tortilla chips

Main Taco Bar (corn and flour tortillas):

Bistek (3lb)

Fajitas (3lb)

Al Pastor with pineapple (2lb)

Carnitas (3lb)

Chicken (2lb)

Sides:

Mexican rice

Refried beans

Vaquero beans

Garnish:

Onion

Cilantro

Queso fresco

Pico de Gallo

Salsas:

Verde

Molcajete (fire roasted)

Roja

Chunky

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

For booze we have gracefully been sponsored by Faust Distributing and are directly collaborating with Devils River Whiskey. 

Yuengling Flight

Yuengling Lager

Topo Chico Hard Seltzer

Devils River Bourbon (Agave, cinnamon, cask and straight) featuring some pre batched cocktails. 

Win shots will be of Devils River Cinnamon!

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/15/2024 at 8:47 AM, immamac said:

ULM I expect to be significantly less populated, but let me know if you plan on coming so I can food accordingly. 

Wife and I will be back for ULM.  Maybe it'll be less populated, but we're ranked No. 1 and a chunk of fans are going to be fawning all over Arch Manning, so there might still be a good crowd.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

well, looks like I should plan for another banger then. Anyone have any food cravings?

The menu you posted for last week's looked awesome.  I brought my kids by one of the tailgates a couple of years ago and they loved it.  My 14 year old is probably looking forward to the tailgate as much as he is going to the actual game.

Just now, Bevo in VA said:

The menu you posted for last week's looked awesome.  I brought my kids by one of the tailgates a couple of years ago and they loved it.  My 14 year old is probably looking forward to the tailgate as much as he is going to the actual game.

Yeah it slapped. Do they have a favorite beverage? Sodas, flavors of gatorade etc. I'll make sure we stock some just for them. 

Would be kind of fun to do something zany like a Chinese Buffet or something. We can stretch the budget pretty far if I cook it.

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah it slapped. Do they have a favorite beverage? Sodas, flavors of gatorade etc. I'll make sure we stock some just for them. 

Would be kind of fun to do something zany like a Chinese Buffet or something. We can stretch the budget pretty far if I cook it.

Cokes and any flavor of gatorade will be a winner!

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Apologies to anyone who saw me fumble an almost full plate of food. But that shit was delicious so you know I went back to reload. No excuses though, that was before we took shots. I’ll be better going forward.

Thanks as always. Plan to be there every week.

Don’t apologize, just don’t let it happen again

• Hook 'Em 1