2024 Season Surly Horns Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So/ every year for the last 3 we’ve taken a cruise for our kids gal break. We get on the boat Sunday, get back Saturday at 8 am, home in plenty of time for first kick at 11. 
sometime 6 months ago:

Wife- kids are off first week in October- can we do our normal cruise

me- you know I hate cruises

her- yeah but me and the kids love them

me- fine- do the normal cruise

Her- this one goes to Bahamas 

me/ I don’t care 

fast forward 3 months later:

Her- I’m so excited to go to Bahamas/ I love cruises so much 8 days on a boat blah blah blah 

me- did you say 8 days?  
her- yeah- we leave Saturday and get back Sunday. 
me- so I thought I was missing zero weekends of college football but instead it’s 2. Once of which was OU. FML. 
I’m never not listening to her again. I fucked that up big time. 

This timeline sucks much like OU! We will hold down the fort in your absence.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So/ every year for the last 3 we’ve taken a cruise for our kids gal break. We get on the boat Sunday, get back Saturday at 8 am, home in plenty of time for first kick at 11. 
sometime 6 months ago:

me/ I don’t care 

Her- I’m so excited to go to Bahamas/ I love cruises so much 8 days on a boat blah blah blah 

me- did you say 8 days?  
me- so I thought I was missing zero weekends of college football but instead it’s 2. Once of which was OU. FML. 

wulaw’d !!!!!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

sometime 6 months ago:

me/ I don’t care 

me- did you say 8 days?  

Couldn't you just watch the game on the boat?

On 9/29/2024 at 2:30 PM, immamac said:

Lee Harvey Friday night. Will have day of fair plans hammered down soon. 

I'm surprised you are doing something at the Fair. I consider the Fair one big tailgate.  Plus it's nice to go to a game and not set up and work and just drink beer. 

3 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I'm surprised you are doing something at the Fair. I consider the Fair one big tailgate.  Plus it's nice to go to a game and not set up and work and just drink beer. 

We are teaming up with yuengling who is running point. We are just helping with promo and some other basic infrastructure. 

1 minute ago, Kennythetiger said:

If I remember correctly they just pick somewhere to meet. 

Usually, but not this time. We will have an area with co-branding etc. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 9/30/2024 at 4:26 AM, CanadianHornslong said:

Thank you for the awesome tailgate and good food was super fun to meet you all. Surly horns treated this Canadian very well and i hope in the future i can make a trip back down.

image.thumb.png.a71f32ba9fd01332e52de1bdbb78029b.png

who got the Hey Dudes from Temu?

21 hours ago, immamac said:

We are teaming up with yuengling who is running point. We are just helping with promo and some other basic infrastructure. 

Usually, but not this time. We will have an area with co-branding etc. 

Bobby said this morning they would have space for about 250 people right next to the stadium.

On 9/29/2024 at 7:41 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

sometime 6 months ago:

me/ I don’t care 

me- did you say 8 days?  

Surely you get special sex stuff for taking her on a two weekend cruise to the Bahamas, right?  

38 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Surely you get special sex stuff for taking her on a two weekend cruise to the Bahamas, right?  

Unfortunately we have 3 kids with us and stay in separate rooms- boys and girls. Does she kick the kids out sometimes?  Sure. 

Just now, I Plead Da Fif said:

Whaddaya gotta do to get that sick t-shirt?? I think I’m up to $35 a month donation to Burnt Ends.

Burnt Ends merch is a touchy subject for Immamac since he hauled around shirts and Rtic cups for burnt ends members for a whole season to tailgates. If you’re interested maybe shoot him a dm to see what leftovers there are.

• Hook 'Em 1

well our OU plans got fucked up and Nashville also. I'm pretty cooked on some of this stuff right now, gonna focus on Georgia and making that really fun. Arkansas is likely still on and TAMU I really don't feel like doing something where it's all fucked up and we are relegated to a part of the campus no one wants to be at surrounded by shitty aggy.

Shipping is the biggest issue related to merch, no one wants to pick it up and shipping is a complete fucking ripoff and often times costs more than the damned item itself. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:29 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I sure as shit hope so, but I doubt it will be on.  They have some sports but not others- it's pretty hit or miss. If it's on somewhere I will see it but not counting on it. 

We cruise a lot during the season.  I’ve had no problem streaming DirectTv, YouTube tv or ESPN+ to watch the Texas games. It works great with the drink package.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

well our OU plans got fucked up and Nashville also. I'm pretty cooked on some of this stuff right now, gonna focus on Georgia and making that really fun. Arkansas is likely still on and TAMU I really don't feel like doing something where it's all fucked up and we are relegated to a part of the campus no one wants to be at surrounded by shitty aggy.

Shipping is the biggest issue related to merch, no one wants to pick it up and shipping is a complete fucking ripoff and often times costs more than the damned item itself. 

Just come hang with us in the food court. You can get on top of the table with us. 

Edited by MBHORNSFAN
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Soliver465 said:

We cruise a lot during the season.  I’ve had no problem streaming DirectTv, YouTube tv or ESPN+ to watch the Texas games. It works great with the drink package.

It will be a sea day in the middle of the ocean. I didn’t think streaming was possible out there (I know internet is fine- but thought they throttled anything that takes a ton of data. 
what kind of package did you have?  

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

It will be a sea day in the middle of the ocean. I didn’t think streaming was possible out there (I know internet is fine- but thought they throttled anything that takes a ton of data. 
what kind of package did you have?  

We cruise on Princess (we are old af), and it was the standard internet package they sell along with the open bar.   The last several years I have never experienced them cutting down on the bandwidth.  Service at sea has improved a lot over the last 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 1