2024 Season Surly Horns Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

6 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm completely overwhelmed and stressed out this is the last one I'm doing without major changes. 

One of the best days I’ve had was moving far enough away to no longer be responsible for our tailgate. It is absolutely stressful and exhausting. Those were the few years where I wasn’t really excited for season to start. We have a core group that is responsible for dedicated tasks, and a group email to decide what to eat. It also helped that we culled our group from about 200 down to about 30.

With road games coming up it should give you some time to find people that come to every tailgate that would take up responsibility for different tasks. Someone for tents and their storage, someone for tv sets and their storage, someone to pick up meat, someone to pick up booze, etc. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Let's whiteboard a list of tasks next week, or whenever you can. Start delegating some things. 

Easy for me to say now but just an idea.

That being said, I know I'll see you smiling over piles of meats today.

I'd be willing to contribute.   Live in Circle C and could purchase alcohol, bring TV, operate stick burner, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Rolling six trays of pulled pork and wings through the crowd from the smoker down to the tailgate was the highlight of my day. Well elfenix did the hauling while I did my best to keep the trays from falling off the cart.

Got a few holy shit that smells good, and you guys are brave rolling that through here comments.

• Hook 'Em 3

@immamac @BornAndRaised are the heros but unlike Gotham we don't deserve them

Much love to you amazing gentlemen I am off to Amsterdam so I can't make the Vanderbilt game however anyone who is going if you are driving....

Sunday morning breakfast at Loveless Cafe then head down the Natchez Trace for as long as you can

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

@immamac @BornAndRaised are the heros but unlike Gotham we don't deserve them

Much love to you amazing gentlemen I am off to Amsterdam so I can't make the Vanderbilt game however anyone who is going if you are driving....

Sunday morning breakfast at Loveless Cafe then head down the Natchez Trace for as long as you can

It was a pleasure meeting you Friday night and then hanging out during the game. Safe travels.

For everyone who joined us yesterday, I hope it was the best fucking tailgate you’ve been to. There was a lot of people helping out a lot and that sense of community and all hands on deck is what makes doing them so fun. Didn’t get the result we wanted on the field, but I’d say all the full bellies and sufficiently liquored up brains were equipped to handle either outcome.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

@immamac have you thought about cooking everything off site and bringing all the bbq cut up and ready to serve to the tailgate ?

There’s a lot of talk and consideration going on for future tailgates. At present big shit like fresh barbecue is only done for giant games. Definitely something to look at moving forward though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah the game really did ruin an otherwise incredible day. 

I'll never forget seasoning a bunch of chicken unexpectedly in the parking lot and tossing it on the smoker. I don't know the handles of the posters that helped me but it was hilarious and awesome. 

The wings worked out pretty well! That was me and @elfenix

thanks for an amazing tailgate!

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

@immamac have you thought about cooking everything off site and bringing all the bbq cut up and ready to serve to the tailgate ?

So my main issue currently is food. Catering is outrageously expensive and getting food in on time for the games is an issue. 

I'm having to prep and cook everything and I can't cook on site because of UT rules. I have thought of doing an electric plancha/griddle but they need 3 phase electricity which is stupid and makes battery power a lot harder.

9 hours ago, immamac said:

So my main issue currently is food. Catering is outrageously expensive and getting food in on time for the games is an issue. 

I'm having to prep and cook everything and I can't cook on site because of UT rules. I have thought of doing an electric plancha/griddle but they need 3 phase electricity which is stupid and makes battery power a lot harder.

Blackstone?

If it would help, I can dig through my old tailgate files for recipes that can be made off site easily, and transport well.

A lot are intended for large batch type stuff.

Doesn’t help the big game stuff like Saturday, but may be of use for other games.

23 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Blackstone?

If it would help, I can dig through my old tailgate files for recipes that can be made off site easily, and transport well.

A lot are intended for large batch type stuff.

Doesn’t help the big game stuff like Saturday, but may be of use for other games.

a man in a suit and tie is carrying a pot

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Tailgate said:

FWIW Nashville Texas Exes will be at Kung Foo Saloon.

Going to Nashville but as of right now no plans to go to the game. The plan is to try to watch somewhere on Broadway or near Broadway. I know that not all places have the SEC network so I will start making some calls this evening. First I will find out if the Kung Foo Saloon carries the network. Note: They said they will have the game.

461896464_1013569607446902_5418238855184

Edited by DanTheHorn