Doing something

quigley

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You are helping Jon Tester by posting a receipt sent to Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, Florida State Representative? 

What am I not getting?

He donated $500 to DMP and $500 to Tester and bought merch. It’s small print for Tester

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You are helping Jon Tester by posting a receipt sent to Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, Florida State Representative? 

What am I not getting?

Two separate receipts. Donation for DMP and separate one for Tester.

• Hook 'Em 1

Voting (duh)

Merch

When the mood strikes - one time donations 

Monthly donations to the Harris, Allred campaign, and Beto’s voter registration initiative till Nov via Act Blue

Monthly split donations to TX candidates via another platform

Signed up for some post card writing sessions

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

To expand on something I said in another thread, I'm going to tell all of my MAGA relatives and friends and former co-workers here in Texas that as a patriot and somebody who was secretly inspired by Trump several years ago about the issues around illegal immigrants, I'm reporting everybody I know that's paid for labor performed by what I believe to be illegal immigrants to the feds, and I'm going to mention that I've been taking photos and recording conversations and saving texts for years.

It's unfortunate that the economies in Denton, Harrison, Sabine, Montgomery, Williamson, and Johnson counties are going to take a very small hit as a bunch of people start doing their own fucking yard work, but it'll be made up by them paying more to licensed contractors to put on roofs and siding and clearing out trees.

It also means I'm probably going to have the Christmas I want for once, as we aren't invited to a bunch of family get-togethers in Texas and Oklahoma, and can instead do our own thing.

In terms of getting people to vote, I'm working on some folks who declare themselves to be moderates/old-school Republicans who might not normally vote, and pointing out that they survived Obama for 8 years and Biden for 4, and that once Trump is gone after this election, they'll have a chance to vote for the kinds of Republicans they used to vote for pre-Trump.  Whether that works or not, I don't know, but not all of the moderates/fence-sitters are lost, and many just want Trump gone and then they will come down from pretending to be moderate or independent. Tim Walz seriously helps with these people a lot, when you send them stories/videos/etc. of him being the kind of person they would actually hang out with.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Voter drive. We have a very large incoming freshman class this semester. Lot of the kids are not registered so that will be my focus. And @atomheartbevo great approach to fence sitters. I started that with my dad who is now using it on how his friedns/family. Yeah, mainly Texas, but what starts here yadda yadda yadda.

• Hook 'Em 4

Ă—
Ă—