These Houthi Sons of Bitches

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This is the smartest and best thing you've ever written.

There's hope for you yet, Rex! First Syriana, tomorrow, maybe no more dipping on planes.

You wildly misinterpreted his post. 

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

LoL are you sure about that? There's a reason I omitted the first half of his post.

I suppose it was a whoosh moment but my experience of you as a poster is not as sarcastic so I guess I wildly misinterpreted your post. 

Either way, Rex is an idiot. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree to most of that. But the Brits never modified borders to fix issues (nor did the French). To try and remain on subject. Remember how they split Yemen. That is a fucked up division line. A major reason was to protect Oman, one of the last vestiges of British power in the region (and still there).

why-did-the-two-yemens-volunteer-to-unite-or-were-pushed-to-v0-o0r6m35ysefc1.webp.7ec52f72f698774740ebf711d7e78476.webp

I have also spent a lot of my life living in these lands as the unclean colonist allowed to be among them, and most, especially the brick layers from Manchester who gets the dream job in Dubai or the Oxford grad off to save South Sudan from hunger,  never forget their colonizing legacy. I have worked with these dudes and dudettes and also real lords. The Lords tended to be better at trying to understand but there remains the upper lip style to life.

yes, I know how empires come and go. The Ottomans took it from the locals who took it from the Macedonians, who took it from..... There was someone in South Africa before the Dutch. Even then the Dutch did not control the entire modern nation of South Africa. Someone named it the Zambezi and it was not some white European.

as a fan of cardinal directions the names of the political units on this map annoy the fuck out of me

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

I suppose it was a whoosh moment but my experience of you as a poster is not as sarcastic so I guess I wildly misinterpreted your post. 

LoL

No worries. However, I assure you that I am quite the sarcastic asshole.

Seems like Jesus, Allah and maybe Buddha hate Yemen.

CAIRO (AP) — Floodwaters swept through a village in northern Yemen, inundating homes and shops and leaving at least 24 people missing, authorities said Wednesday.

Heavy rains over the past few days pounded the Melhan district in Al-Mahwit province, triggering floods that caved in seven homes and four shops, according to a statement by Yemen’s Houthi rebels.

Yemen was already the poorest Arab nation before it was plunged into civil war in 2014, when Iran-backed Houthi rebels took control of the capital, Sanaa, and much of the country’s north, forcing the government to flee to the south, then to Saudi Arabia.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-floods-c83560e71ec765a1bba8fac9eea3c2fd

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

lol. At first I thought maybe the map was rotated. I had to actually check to make sure it was oriented correctly. 

I don't think you should be judging the orientation of the map, that's it's business.  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I know exactly where my pith helmet is, thank you very much. It’s in my closet where it belongs until the next time I go on safari in Africa.

Is it next to your sombrero?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sidis said:

You wildly misinterpreted his post. 

12 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

LoL are you sure about that? There's a reason I omitted the first half of his post.

12 hours ago, sidis said:

I wasn’t a big fan of the movie due to its over-complexity, but upon reflection I want to see it again. The primary point of my post as you probably know was to call bullshit on GoLL’s story. 

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Seems like Jesus, Allah and maybe Buddha hate Yemen.

CAIRO (AP) — Floodwaters swept through a village in northern Yemen, inundating homes and shops and leaving at least 24 people missing, authorities said Wednesday.

Heavy rains over the past few days pounded the Melhan district in Al-Mahwit province, triggering floods that caved in seven homes and four shops, according to a statement by Yemen’s Houthi rebels.

Yemen was already the poorest Arab nation before it was plunged into civil war in 2014, when Iran-backed Houthi rebels took control of the capital, Sanaa, and much of the country’s north, forcing the government to flee to the south, then to Saudi Arabia.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-floods-c83560e71ec765a1bba8fac9eea3c2fd

What sucks here, besides the obvious loss of life in these floods, is that the violence will just not end. Human beings, as a whole, are just not capable of living at peace with their neighbor. You can take that to mean the people next to you or the country nearest you. So many areas of the world suffer under similar circumstances and needlessly so.

9 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I don’t care either, but it’s amusing to say the least that one cannot label the fucking Houthis as savages. 

Gotta define good houtis (KSA and UAE Like them) and bad houtis (Iran's buds) before hand.