The mega-meta Military family/friends thread

Gil Bang

re: Jordan

Princess Salma (a USC grad) pilots the F-16, and is taking part in the exercise.    I'm getting reports that she didn't get her mom's looks. 

The kid reports that every officer that he's interacted speaks fluent English, and most attended college here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/18/2024 at 7:54 PM, BearSchlong said:

Nice.

Anybody been stationed at Carson? Looks like my kid and his bride might be headed there for a few years.

Son has been there for 4 years when he is not deployed. Colorado Springs is growing rapidly only major drawbacks are the amount of homeless and hail storms. 

21 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

re: Jordan

Princess Salma (a USC grad) pilots the F-16, and is taking part in the exercise.    I'm getting reports that she didn't get her mom's looks. 

She's not the great beauty of the family, but this look....HAWT.....

Screen%20Shot%202024-04-15%20at%2016.30.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

So does he like it?

I'm sure it beats the alternative.

Yes He has enjoyed his time at Carson. Only an hour or so from Denver plus lots of good outdoor activities. Colorado Springs has just about everything you need. He just says that Denver has better clubs.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/7/2023 at 12:13 AM, Gil Bang said:

Tom was previously at Kadena for 4 years, so he's very familiar and has friends there.  He got married there, and we went to the wedding.  It's a nice spot. 

Did they ever clear the sunken  WW2 US Navy ammo ship that was in a no-go zone out in the middle of the bay?

Edited by Armybrat

Just now, Armybrat said:

Did they ever clear the sunken  WW2 US Navy ammo ship that was out in a no-go zone in the middle of the bay

I don't know, I will ask next time I see him.

Meanwhile, my kid returned from his deployment in Kuwait today.  His 5 year old was very happy to see him.

34 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Back from deployment today! Hopefully for a long long time.

wow.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2