Abbott: Border barriers needed between New Mexico, Texas

atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah...

This isn't to keep illegal immigrants out that come in through New Mexico.  This is to keep Texans in Texas and not let them leave, especially for things like weed or abortions. 

BINGO.

Every step they take -- EVERY SINGLE ONE -- is an effort to make Texas into their authoritarian utopia.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he wants to be the next maga preaident soooooooooo bad 

Lulz. Nobody's stupid enough to elect that spineless fucking pussy except Texans. 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah...

This isn't to keep illegal immigrants out that come in through New Mexico.  This is to keep Texans in Texas and not let them leave, especially for things like weed or abortions. 

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

BINGO.

Every step they take -- EVERY SINGLE ONE -- is an effort to make Texas into their authoritarian utopia.  

calm down united kingdom GIF

This is dumbest of all dumb ideas and it's not even worth acknowledging, much less getting worked up about.  0.0% chance it happens for about a million reasons.  It's 100% performance art by Abbott.  Don't give it oxygen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Same as his bragging about removing people from voter registration… when a majority is from normal reasons like citizens passing away or moving. Again, evil performative idiot

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think that is (or at least was) patently unconstitutional. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privileges_and_Immunities_Clause

Yep, 5-4 it's persmissible with Roberts shaking his head that maybe his fascist friends have finally gone too far, though only in a tepidly worded separate dissent. Thomas will write the opinion, which will concentrate on the god-given rights of fencing contractors to pay for his 3rd vacation home.

• Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is dumbest of all dumb ideas and it's not even worth acknowledging, much less getting worked up about.  0.0% chance it happens for about a million reasons.  It's 100% performance art by Abbott.  Don't give it oxygen.

You mean the guy who will work to destroy public education at the drop of a hat because some Pennsylvania TikTok billionaire told him to wouldn’t do that?  He absolutely will.

Because this is about appealing to MAGA and he’s not trying to dry up the jobs that bring illegal immigrants to Texas in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump will never love him.

Not only does he not love him, he'll probably start campaigning to outlaw ramps in this country.  And Abbott will offer his full-throated support on the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yeah, the Texas GOP has not, once, ever, at all, even mentioned monitoring women crossing the state border to other states where abortion is legal.  And Texas DPS doesn't ever have troopers along the border to nab people coming back from NM or Colorado, where pot is legal.  

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is some truly naive shit

24 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

This is some truly naive shit

Yep, that kind of thinking is the same thinking that thinks "Greg Abbott will respect the wishes of Texans and their legislators when it comes to public education"

Meanwhile, Greg Abbott went on a spending and PR spree to try and kick out any Republican legislators who wouldn't do what he said and support public vouchers.

He will spend tens and hundreds of millions of dollars of Texas taxpayer money on walls, but he isn't going to touch any of the numerous corporations and individuals in Texas who hire labor that they know is not here legally.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Lolololol

We can still stop this but we are in the for real danger window. It’s time for those that are in the cross hairs or who care to draw their line in the sand now, make an escape bag and when that line is crossed, don’t reason against yourself, just leave.  

On 8/29/2024 at 7:16 PM, RDCanecutter said:

My Texas brethren, after growing up in the almost most retarded state of Alabama (Thanks Mississippi, now jump for the cookie-- GOOD BOY) I need to tell you, you never wanna go full Abbott.

That reminds me of the new Alabama license plate motto, 'At Least We're Better than Mississippi '

• Drool 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:47 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Screenshot (588).png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

You sound like Robert De Niro in Heat.

Fuck.

Too many mornings drinking coffee and reacting to Texas authoritarianism, the only reason why I’m not impacted yet is because I had a near decade head start, more if I count my years before I came out. We’ve talked about the bug out plan and what the trigger is too many times to believe it’s an overreaction anymore (I’ve reasoned against myself many times now). Too many have already had the door slammed shut on them, there is no basis to believe they won’t come for all who stand in their way. I’m thoroughly unable to understand why they are this way but I no longer doubt it, I trust in their deep hatred and desire to control and eradicate as much as I trust in the love I have for my sons.

The moderate republicans that were the bulwark stopping this lunacy from being much more than bluster and talk are nearly gone. We probably have no more than 2-3 legislative sessions left before their work is complete.

This is not a drill.  This is the real deal. Our fundamental freedom is vanishing before our very eyes and we don’t even have the SCOTUS to rely on to push back the worst of their actions. It’s real bad. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, G650 said:

That reminds me of the new Alabama license plate motto, 'At Least We're Better than Mississippi '

New? That's been the mantra as long as I've been alive.

Though in fairness to Mississippi, they recently got a bug up their ass and improved their reading scores from 50th to about 35th place. Or else 15 other states just slid behind them. Flip a coin.

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

New? That's been the mantra as long as I've been alive.

Though in fairness to Mississippi, they recently got a bug up their ass and improved their reading scores from 50th to about 35th place. Or else 15 other states just slid behind them. Flip a coin.

Yeah, the unsaid part of that is I first heard that joke in high school, and, well, it's been a long time since I've been in high school

• Drool 1