Thursday Night's Slate NDSU @ Colorado + Other Games thread

ztejas

Why does Mack still coach? Hasn’t he made a zillion dollars coaching at UNC/Texas and then ESPN for a few years? Don’t really understand what he’s trying to get out of this. He can’t seriously think he can win a championship at UNC, right? 

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Why does Mack still coach? Hasn’t he made a zillion dollars coaching at UNC/Texas and then ESPN for a few years? Don’t really understand what he’s trying to get out of this. He can’t seriously think he can win a championship at UNC, right? 

You seriously question why a highly successful football coach might want to still . . . coach football?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Ever seen their record before and then after him this run?  It’s not amazing but it’s definitely an improvement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You seriously question why a highly successful football coach might want to still . . . coach football?

When’s the last time he had success? His teams are always average to below average, even in a shitty conference. 

2 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

When’s the last time he had success? His teams are always average to below average, even in a shitty conference. 

I'm not saying he's Nick Saban, but he's won 60% of his games at UNC since he returned.  He went 8-5 last year.  That's better than "average".  Regardless, these guys have massive egos, and most are loathe to step away.  They all think they're about to turn it all around.

• Hook 'Em 2

Did anyone catch during the CU broadcast, when the announcers were explaining why Prime won't field questions from whatever reporter, that the reason Prime gave the reporters was that Prime felt the reporter questioned his faith? I mean, that can't be real, right? I've heard Prime reference his faith the last couple of years, so did he have some born again moment? I hate to ask but I feel he's hiding behind his faith to insulate him from some of the shitty things he did. 

2 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Did anyone catch during the CU broadcast, when the announcers were explaining why Prime won't field questions from whatever reporter, that the reason Prime gave the reporters was that Prime felt the reporter questioned his faith? I mean, that can't be real, right? I've heard Prime reference his faith the last couple of years, so did he have some born again moment? I hate to ask but I feel he's hiding behind his faith to insulate him from some of the shitty things he did. 

I heard it too, but just assumed Deion was full of shit and twisting facts because he's a perpetual victim of imaginary forces.

Edit to add that it also occurred to me at the moment it was a valid question to explore regarding Deion. I personally don't believe Deion is a sincere man of faith. I make my judgment based on his lifetime of actions and (mis)deeds, not his words. Deion's only true god is Deion. Deion uses religious faith as a tool to attack others and dismiss any criticism of his self-serving acts. I believe he exploits real faith like many con men and anyone questioning his conviction is well within bounds.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 1

I heard it too, but just assumed Deion was full of shit and twisting facts because he's a perpetual victim of imaginary forces.
Edit to add that it also occurred to me at the moment it was a valid question to explore regarding Deion. I personally don't believe Deion is a sincere man of faith. I make my judgment based on his lifetime of actions and (mis)deeds, not his words. Deion's only true god is Deion. Deion uses religious faith as a tool to attack others and dismiss any criticism of his self-serving acts. I believe he exploits real faith like many con men and anyone questioning his conviction is well within bounds.

Well said! I agree, me thinks it’s for the ability to “how dare you?!??” while clutching his gold glasses

28 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Deion serves Deion. Anything else is laughable.

He can be entertaining at times. I’ll give him that. But I can do just fine without him.

Same feelings.  I liked him last year but its now getting old.  I bet that locker room implodes at some point this year. 

22 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Arkansas was leading UAPB 49-0 at halftime. The two HCs agreed to play 10 minute quarters in 2nd half. I didn’t know college had a mercy rule.

SFA played five minute quarters in the second half last game.

Pretty sure OU’s massive beatdown of A&M resulted in a running clock in the second half.