2024 Texas GameDay Stadium Experience Thread

TrashMaster G

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Are they still doing that 20 year old flyover GET YRR DEGREE … BLAH BLAH BLAH … BUT MOST OF ALL GET YRRR HORNS UP and everyone goes stupid?

Disagree with this…

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

I mean it’s cool I guess but the whole got dam town looks 1000% better now. Can we get a drone up there and update that old Big Foot footage??

Agree with this. With all the new buildings and improved technology of 8k HD cams and drones they really should update the video footage…but if they change the audio people will (rightfully) lose their fucking minds.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Are they still doing that 20 year old flyover GET YRR DEGREE … BLAH BLAH BLAH … BUT MOST OF ALL GET YRRR HORNS UP and everyone goes stupid?

I mean it’s cool I guess but the whole got dam town looks 1000% better now. Can we get a drone up there and update that old Big Foot footage??

3 fingers for bottlecap is not right

he's not suggesting heresy

retain walter - just update the skyline flyover - how does that merit neg rep?

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Leaving games at half and re-entering is strange. Never got it.

by the time u leave ur seat, walk out, come back in, and walk up to ur seat, u maybe have 10 min outside the stadium?

I can drink a hell of a lot for less in those 10 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I think you’re still allowed to go in and out of the alumni center

Nope. They used to have access at halftime from one gate and return to the stadium as long as you scanned out. No more.

Edited by Cap33
clarification

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Cotton Bowl concourses at halftime are going to be even more of a shitshow than it already is 

If it keeps the extra 10K people from flooding into the lower level after halftime I’m all for it. Last year was fucking ridiculous…

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like every year we get less and less of the “in-game host” which is great. It wasn’t long ago that every timeout break involved the in-game host yelling at you about a sponsor or giving away tiffs treats or firing a t-shirt cannon.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, wood said:

The orange smoke is stupid and annoying. Fight me.  If they have to do it, it makes more sense to do it at the end of a W.

Bring back jet pack man?

Agreed for most part - I'm not a big fan of the Agent Orange while at the game, especially during the day (although I can admit it does look much cooler in the media photos and hype videos). But if they're gonna do it, end of third quarter is the right time. I'd be pissed if I was doused with that stuff during the Eyes of Texas just before walking out. I'd end up harassing stadium staff to give me 15 pluckers coupons instead of the usual 10.

31 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Taking son to his first game In a few weeks. Any tips ( parking). Has anyone let thier kid do the hook em herd?

I like to park north of the stadium. Easiest entry/exit and you avoid sitting in a parking garage for hours. It will be a bit of a hike though

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm pretty sure you couldn't re-enter the stadium since like 2013-2014 seasons but it definitely was in place once beer sells came to DKR.

This. I’m positive they told me last year when I tried to exit to get something out of my car  that I couldn’t be able to come back in.

You've definitely been able to exit and re-enter the stadium even after they started selling beer. Just last year, I went to a game where I exited the stadium at half time and re-entered, they just scan your ticket on the way out and again on the way back in.  I do think there were only designated exits where you could do that though.  I know that you could at the exit near the north west side across from the Texas Exes building.  But as stated, that is no longer the case due to the SEC rules. 

7 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

You've definitely been able to exit and re-enter the stadium even after they started selling beer. Just last year, I went to a game where I exited the stadium at half time and re-entered, they just scan your ticket on the way out and again on the way back in.  I do think there were only designated exits where you could do that though.  I know that you could at the exit near the north west side across from the Texas Exes building.  But as stated, that is no longer the case due to the SEC rules. 

You definitely haven't been able to...you may have went to a gate that allowed it but it has been policy since as early as mid 2010s.

1 minute ago, royiv said:

That's odd.  I see that this article goes 100% against what I'm saying but I know for a fact that once last season, and several other times previously since that 2015 article, that I have gone out the exit and re-entered near the exit at the NW side of the stadium where the trucks enter.  I know I'm not imaging that there were workers stationed there with separate lanes for exit and re-entry and that I have scanned my ticket to exit and again to re-enter.  Then again, I tend to be fairly intoxicated at the games so take that for what it's worth.

• Did no one else find the new seatbacks to be significantly more cramping to the row behind? I definitely found them to be much more into the row behind than before. I have never been so cramped at DKR than I was for CSU. Section 14, so not the already ancient and cramped W sideline either. 
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, brojangles2 said:
  • Did no one else find the new seatbacks to be significantly more cramping to the row behind? I definitely found them to be much more into the row behind than before. I have never been so cramped at DKR than I was for CSU. Section 14, so not the already ancient and cramped W sideline either. 

Another reason I love my chairback seats.

• Drool 1

1)  I rarely get to go to games these days, but I responded to the survey that I thought it was a vast improvement that Bob Cole was relegated to the band only, but that the band didn't deserve that kind of punishment.  They responded, "We have shared your feedback regarding Stadium PA with our gameday staff, we have identified our challenges and we are committed to working to improve the fan experience for all of our guests," so at least they have chatGPT composing email followups.

2)  All this talk about stadium exit and re-entry reminds me of the very old days where you got a "pass out check" to show with your stub when you came back in.  When I was but a wee lad, it was just me and my grandfather suffering through Fred Akers together in Sec 105.  The only time I ever remember leaving a game early was sometime at the nadir of the Jackie Sherrill era when we were getting drubbed in the 4th.  Whilst we were walking past the LBJ fountain from the stadium, a couple of blonde girls walked up and asked him if they could have our ticket stubs and pass out checks to get in.  He handed them off, and as we walked away I scolded in a hushed tone, "Gramp, how could you do that?  Didn't you see their shirts?  Those were Aggies!"  He looked at me and responded, "Hell, I wasn't lookin' at what was on their shirts, I was lookin' at what was under 'em."  Right then and there I had my first Wonder Years needle drop moment.

First thing I remember
Was asking Papa, "Why?"
For there were many things I didn't know
And Daddy always smiled
Took me by the hand
Saying, "Someday you'll understand"

• Hook 'Em 3

I went to the UTSA game, my first in-person game since I left a game after halftime last year because I could no longer take the noise level.

I had a great time.  Really fun.  The artificial noise level was way down and when the crowd was supposed to make noise, they did.  Humans did, not speakers.

The drone show was cool.  The smoke is not my thing.  Night games rule.  That is all...

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grande Mart said:

So, the part of Texas Fight where the official version is “Go Horns Go”, you actually say “Make ‘em eat shit!” Unless it’s the ou game or the end of the game before ou when the victory is well in hand then you should say “ou sucks”.

Also when raising your horns during the eyes of Texas keep your hand still until “til Gabriel blows his horn” then go ahead and emphasize each syllable by moving your horns forward 

No you don’t!  You wave your hand forward and back throughout the eyes.

- any student and alum under 30

You are correct though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

First home game for me this season. Man, it really seems like they really did listen to our complaints in the surveys, and addressed them. The presentation has been cleaned up, tightened up, polished, etc, and now isn't too overbearing or 'insisting upon itself' too much.

Very enjoyable, imho. Nice work CDC!!

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Grande Mart said:

So, the part of Texas Fight where the official version is “Go Horns Go”, you actually say “Make ‘em eat shit!” Unless it’s the ou game or the end of the game before ou when the victory is well in hand then you should say “ou sucks”.

Also when raising your horns during the eyes of Texas keep your hand still until “til Gabriel blows his horn” then go ahead and emphasize each syllable by moving your horns forward 

100% this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

I went to the UTSA game, my first in-person game since I left a game after halftime last year because I could no longer take the noise level.

I had a great time.  Really fun.  The artificial noise level was way down and when the crowd was supposed to make noise, they did.  Humans did, not speakers.

The drone show was cool.  The smoke is not my thing.  Night games rule.  That is all...

Basically my exact same experience. And yeah, the smoke is stupid and annoying, but I guess we can't have everything.

Basically my exact same experience. And yeah, the smoke is stupid and annoying, but I guess we can't have everything.

Yeah. I think I’m self aware enough to realize that what I would want from a gameday experience isn’t what would be best for our program. And it’s certainly light years better than what we got even five years ago.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Grande Mart said:

I really, really enjoyed this part of the broadcast last night.

Why?

The crowd noise part of the audio got turned up a bit right before make em eat shit, and back to baseline right after. Every time.

Very easily noticed with surround. It was kinda awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3