2024 Texas GameDay Stadium Experience Thread

TrashMaster G

On 9/28/2024 at 10:16 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Mini-rant: You Dallas Stars fans in DKR need to calm the fuck down with your bullshit during the national anthem. Save your "STARS!!" crap for the American Airlines Center.

And I say that as a fellow Stars fan.

Rant over.

…or at least come up with something original. Orioles fans were doing that on the “Oh say” parts at the beginning and end of the national anthem 50 years ago…

• Like 1

I tend to agree with LL.  Save the anthem for when the US is playing in a game, or on some certain very special occasions.  Like say you are playing a game on 9/11...sure roll it out.  Memorial Day weekend baseball game, sure roll it out....etc.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Stars fans have been doing that for 30 years.  At least as far as the NHL goes, they were the first to do anything during the anthem.

And I'll just go out there and say that playing the national anthem before sporting events is dumb and antiquated and ought to be retired.

You’re the dude who got all fucked up and fell into a fire, right?

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I tend to agree with LL.  Save the anthem for when the US is playing in a game, or on some certain very special occasions.  Like say you are playing a game on 9/11...sure roll it out.  Memorial Day weekend baseball game, sure roll it out....etc.  

I’m sure every team/institution is eagerly awaiting the chance to be the first to jump on that grenade

11 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Stars fans have been doing that for 30 years.  At least as far as the NHL goes, they were the first to do anything during the anthem.

And I'll just go out there and say that playing the national anthem before sporting events is dumb and antiquated and ought to be retired.

Literally fuck yourself in a Mexican prison

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/28/2024 at 9:16 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Mini-rant: You Dallas Stars fans in DKR need to calm the fuck down with your bullshit during the national anthem. Save your "STARS!!" crap for the American Airlines Center.

And I say that as a fellow Stars fan.

Rant over.

Where's your team pride? I'll do it at football, baseball, soccer, no matter what sport. They gotta know. IDGAF what other people think. 

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Need to bring back the shuttle bus from Barton Creek Mall to the fountain…..very convenient….where’d you go?

CDC was asked about this at a fake town hall.  His answer was that the company that did it went out of business during Covid and is not coming back, but feel free to start your own bus company.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

CDC was asked about this at a fake town hall.  His answer was that the company that did it went out of business during Covid and is not coming back, but feel free to start your own bus company.

I thought the CoA ran that system.

It was really convenient when the shuttle let us off on San Jacinto across from the Alumni center.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

If only there was some quasi governmental entity that received money from taxpayers and owned a lot of buses

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If only there was some quasi governmental entity that received money from taxpayers and owned a lot of buses

So, the City of Austin can’t bring in a dozen or so buses, charge $10/head and transport them to and from the south fountain from Barton Creek Mall?  Splain it to me, please.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I remember Cap Metro (or maybe UT itself?) running game day shuttle buses years ago, it's been done before. I don't know why they stopped but some football-hating bureaucrat probably decided that it was an allocation of resources that was not in harmony with their core mission or some bullshit. (While having a brother in law ready to set up a private service to do the same thing.)

Edited by Paper_jam

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, the City of Austin can’t bring in a dozen or so buses, charge $10/head and transport them to and from the south fountain from Barton Creek Mall?  Splain it to me, please.

“I know I had 14 beers but those goddam steps on the bus were fucking slippery!! And nobody told me to be careful, or to not get hammered, or watch your step, or fucking anything at all! That’s fucking irresponsible; I don’t give a fuck who, someone owes me some fucking money!!!”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/16/2024 at 9:55 AM, Longboard Horn said:

AC/DC is a good choice, but Pantera would be next level. 

On 9/22/2024 at 11:41 AM, MAUFRAIS said:

Mariachi was great.

Hinchcliffe and ron white was funny.

Smoke sucked.

Dont like the digital down marker.

Now you're just being petty. 

Lots of bitching on this thread. 

33 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

And Chris Rhea(?)

Texas...

Several meters high….

Alabama and West Virginia fans have this one on everybody. As many great songs as there are mentioning/featuring Texas, they generally don’t lend themselves to firing up a crowd at a game. Shit the one that probably comes closest is All My Exes Live In Texas, and he’s talking about how glad he is to get the fuck out of here. 

On the other hand, who the fuck isn’t going to sing along to Sweet Home Alabama or Take Me Home, Country Roads? There just isn’t a Texas-centric song at a sporting event that can hold a candle to those two…

Still trying to figure out how the crowd was able to figure out the Texas Fight chant for so many years, but now all of a sudden we need field mike dude to start it.

And the PA announcing first down...Texas...and the crowd is to respond Fight is very Bayloresque.  They do this because it's about all they have to celebrate.  We shouldn't.

• Hook 'Em 4

It’s funny how much of this is generational. When I was a student, 40 years ago, there was a dude with a megaphone yelling on defensive stands, “Hold ‘em, Horns!”, and the stands would yell along with him. I notice that, as I yell “Hold ‘em, Horns!” On defensive stands now,…no one else ever yells it. It’s like I never got the memo…

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Several meters high….

Alabama and West Virginia fans have this one on everybody. As many great songs as there are mentioning/featuring Texas, they generally don’t lend themselves to firing up a crowd at a game. Shit the one that probably comes closest is All My Exes Live In Texas, and he’s talking about how glad he is to get the fuck out of here. 

On the other hand, who the fuck isn’t going to sing along to Sweet Home Alabama or Take Me Home, Country Roads? There just isn’t a Texas-centric song at a sporting event that can hold a candle to those two…

Tend to agree, though Tanya Tucker - Texas (When I Die) might be worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, landman said:

Tend to agree, though Tanya Tucker - Texas (When I Die) might be worth a shot.

Hah man there probably aren’t 1,000 people in the stands on your average gameday who can karaoke that song.

fucking 5 year olds who grew up in Dalhart know every word to Sweet Home Alabama…

7 hours ago, landman said:

Still trying to figure out how the crowd was able to figure out the Texas Fight chant for so many years, but now all of a sudden we need field mike dude to start it.

And the PA announcing first down...Texas...and the crowd is to respond Fight is very Bayloresque.  They do this because it's about all they have to celebrate.  We shouldn't.

i hate the pa first down cheer, at all levels of football 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Several meters high….

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Several meters high….

15 hours ago, statsman said:

It’s funny how much of this is generational. When I was a student, 40 years ago, there was a dude with a megaphone yelling on defensive stands, “Hold ‘em, Horns!”, and the stands would yell along with him. I notice that, as I yell “Hold ‘em, Horns!” On defensive stands now,…no one else ever yells it. It’s like I never got the memo…

Nothing really gets team and crowd going like a raucous, "Push 'em back. Push 'em back. Push 'em back Horns!" 

• Haha 2