2024 Texas GameDay Stadium Experience Thread

TrashMaster G

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Perspective from a UGA fan that was at the game last night:

Posted on 10/20/24 at 10:54 am
GADAWG2017 iconGeorgia1.png
Member since Jul 2017
569 posts

1. It sucks that the Red Coat band was not there. Texas has the most bland bullshite bang in the nation.  
2. Regardless of what UT fans say, there were a lot of UGA fans in attendance despite the claims of Texas fans on here. We held up our phones to do Krypton Fanfare despite having no band to actually play the music. It was at least 20% of the stadium.  
4. Texas fans are trashy and booed every single time they had a penalty thrown against them.  
5. They are NOT an SEC team. Their decibel meter may have gotten over hundred once. That coming after ther worst display of officiating I’ve seen since my first UGA game in1976. 
6. They ran their dance team out on the field at least 10 times. 
7. frick them, the officials, they’re female students majoring in how to dress like a prostitute ( I throw this in there because it hoot my arse in trouble with my wife for staring), and the entire game day.

From secrant.

Weird perv mad he’s a pervert. Own that shit creep.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

i thought other than the result/officiating it was a pretty much perfect.

the weather, the flyover, the drone show, the crowd, etc.

I still along an aisle in the UWD. Lots of ups and downs. There must have been about $10K worth of consumables that passed by me by Sat. night. 

I however am a cheap date - a $3 water bottle that i can refill at halftime works for me.

Edited by yoladu

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i thought other than the result/officiating it was a pretty much perfect.

the weather, the flyover, the drone show, the crowd, etc.

I still along an aisle in the UWD. Lots of ups and downs. There must have been about $10K worth of consumables that passed by me by Sat. night. 

I however am a cheap date - a $3 water bottle that i can refill at halftime works for me.

Yeah, the amount of beer flowing was insane.  I am on the aisle in Sec 8 and unfortunately the drawback is having to let people by to go to restroom or get more beer, my row must be the longest row in stadium for the amount of people that left and came back during game, LOL.  Also Noticed that the beer vendors in the aisles were not really present for this one.  

but the game was a lot of fun.  Weather was perfect.

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I noticed this at the MSU game too.  They were nowhere to be seen.  Total bullshit.  

it's been like that all season - nowhere to be found. Must be a new poicy.

yeah, and with the cooler weather, people weren't sweating out their consumption. So lots of bathroom runs. i swear i must have had the same groups of people pass me by 15 times. Not even sure how much of the game they really see.

I was in Section 124 which appeared to be the visitors section.  They had a lot of fans at the game, but a 20% estimate ridiculous.  Most of their fans seemed to be cool and courteous, but a fair amount of them had attitudes when they got a big lead and at the end of the game.  There were a lot of them shit talking in the concession area at halftime.  This one Georgia fan walked up to a group of Longhorn fans talking shit and doing the Horns down in a concession line.  A Longhorn fan slapped the beer out of his hands.  No fight broke out, but that bitch absolutely deserved it.  There were also a lot of waving goodbyes, etc. when we decided to punch out.  They definitely had a bit of an attitude.  I would love a rematch with them in an SEC Championship game. 

definitely SEC SEC.  At times they did chant U G A, but mostly it was SEC SEC.

edit: I will also say, I know it was F1 week and all, but I was very surprised at the low number of UGA fans.  There were more Alabama fans 2 years ago and a helluva lot more LSU fans in 2019.  I'd go so far as to say there might have been more BYU fans last year.  They were loud at the end of the game for obvious reasons, but it was far, far short of 20%.

Edited by someguy

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Member since Jul 2017
569 posts

4. Texas fans are trashy and booed every single time they had a penalty thrown against them.  

If this was noteworthy, he could have just saved everyone a lot of time and admitted it was his first football game ever.

2 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Also Noticed that the beer vendors in the aisles were not really present for this one.  

This will be a surprise to no one but you can thank our lovely new conference

Alcoholic beverages are to be sold and dispensed only at designated stationary locations

Alcoholic beverages may not be sold by vendors within the seating areas

13 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Member since Jul 2017
569 posts

1. It sucks that the Red Coat band was not there. Texas has the most bland bullshite bang in the nation.  
2. Regardless of what UT fans say, there were a lot of UGA fans in attendance despite the claims of Texas fans on here. We held up our phones to do Krypton Fanfare despite having no band to actually play the music. It was at least 20% of the stadium.  
5. They are NOT an SEC team. Their decibel meter may have gotten over hundred once. That coming after ther worst display of officiating I’ve seen since my first UGA game in1976. 
6. They ran their dance team out on the field at least 10 times. 
7. frick them, the officials, they’re female students majoring in how to dress like a prostitute ( I throw this in there because it hoot my arse in trouble with my wife for staring), and the entire game day.

From secrant.

Those dipshits think it is a real decibel meter and not a pre-recorded video that does the same thing every time it is put up no matter the noise level....LOL.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

I wasn't there, only watching on TV, so maybe I missed something, but it sounded to me like they were chanting, "U G A  U G A".

The did UGA numerous times, but also belted out an S-E-C one time that I can remember.  I was sitting in the middle of the bastards, so there was no mistaking it.

I was in Section 124 which appeared to be the visitors section.  They had a lot of fans at the game, but a 20% estimate ridiculous.  Most of their fans seemed to be cool and courteous, but a fair amount of them had attitudes when they got a big lead and at the end of the game.  There were a lot of them shit talking in the concession area at halftime.  This one Georgia fan walked up to a group of Longhorn fans talking shit and doing the Horns down in a concession line.  A Longhorn fan slapped the beer out of his hands.  No fight broke out, but that bitch absolutely deserved it.  There were also a lot of waving goodbyes, etc. when we decided to punch out.  They definitely had a bit of an attitude.  I would love a rematch with them in an SEC Championship game. 

Yeah, I was in 128 and there were quite a few Georgia fans but lol at 20%.

with regards to hartzell's letter inre: suspending ticket privileges for the remainder of the academic year, the statement says nothing about identifying bottle-throwing non-students

the letter only refers to canceling ticketing privileges for STUDENTS

which is interesting

"The University of Texas will use all means available to identify those who threw debris on the field and revoke those students’ ticket privileges to all athletic events for the remainder of this academic year."

"I expect all UT students to act accordingly out of respect for your classmates, your university, and Longhorns everywhere."

No mention of investigation or consequences for non-students

50 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with regards to hartzell's letter inre: suspending ticket privileges for the remainder of the academic year, the statement says nothing about identifying bottle-throwing non-students

which is interesting

"The University of Texas will use all means available to identify those who threw debris on the field and revoke those students’ ticket privileges to all athletic events for the remainder of this academic year."

"I expect all UT students to act accordingly out of respect for your classmates, your university, and Longhorns everywhere."

It seems obvious that the ones who get their tickets suspended are the ones found in the investigation. 

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

which is interesting

The letter was written to students.

If it was an open letter to everyone, there would have been more targeted language to non-students

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

Unless I missed it, we didn't do the orange smoke this week, other than a bit with the the team running out of the tunnel pregame.

During the 3Q/4Q changeover, when we do the drone show, there was a baton twirler in the North end zone with fire batons. That's usually where there's a smoke pot. Could either be a flammability issue with the pyro, or a wish not to obstruct the lady throwing fire in the air.

Just my guess.

Two old men got in a fight in Section 28 about row 30 with about 5 minutes left in the ballgame.  Didn't see it well, but a fat old bald Georgia fan got cold cocked and was on the concrete, A woman next to him was yelling for security.  He must have said some real salty shit to somebody.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

which is interesting

i can only recall two bottles flying in from a section that was not obviously students. ironically, it was the first one that came from 28/29 over the uga sideline that likely inspired the student section stupidity.

but that's the reason this targeted at the students.

14 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Two old men got in a fight in Section 28 about row 30 with about 5 minutes left in the ballgame.  Didn't see it well, but a fat old bald Georgia fan got cold cocked and was on the concrete, A woman next to him was yelling for security.  He must have said some real salty shit to somebody.  

In the first Q, there were some in the West Upper Deck who were being complete asses. I can't imagine they got better as the game wore on.

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

In the first Q, there were some in the West Upper Deck who were being complete asses. I can't imagine they got better as the game wore on.

Like what do you do?  Rove around DKR all game?  In the bottle throwing incident thread you posted about being close to some of the bottle throwers (lower bowl NE corner student section ) and now you are posting man on the scene assessments from the West Upper Deck  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Man, it seemed like the volume on the Megatron was cranked way up this week. I know it's an old gripe but I get tired of the nonstop audio snips between every damn play. Give the fans a chance to cheer a little. 

If Georgia is on offense you should be cheering every damn play regardless. 

16 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Man, it seemed like the volume on the Megatron was cranked way up this week. I know it's an old gripe but I get tired of the nonstop audio snips between every damn play. Give the fans a chance to cheer a little. 

Not like they had anything to cheer about

39 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Like what do you do?  Rove around DKR all game?  In the bottle throwing incident thread you posted about being close to some of the bottle throwers (lower bowl NE corner student section ) and now you are posting man on the scene assessments from the West Upper Deck  

Tex Pete is jetpack man

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1