Bob Cole relegated to band PA only.

God that fucking gong. 

Every game I would swear up and down that I would never go to Taco Bell ever again. Then without fail, 3am that night, stumbling home, I would cave. Every fucking time I would cave and get an 89 cent bean burrito (or two) to soak up the booze in my stomach. Every. Single. Time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I the only one who completely tunes out announcers on tv or at stadiums?  I couldn’t tell you who the announcers are for 99% of games I watch. I really don’t notice them at all. 

Right there with you. I watch the game and talk with people around me. Don’t recall ever being upset about the PA announcer. Taco Bell gong, now that’s a different story.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

SMH.  Clearly we are all just a bunch of old men yelling at clouds, but I'll never understand why we don't just have someone to simply announce down and distance and whatever other factual information is warranted at the time without gimmicks or over the top emotion. It's really not that difficult. 

You just described Wally.

“Quarter”

• Hook 'Em 5

31 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s better now than it’s ever been you boring fucking schmuck. The lack of boring shit you boomers bitch you want in a gameday makes for a shit atmosphere that you say stuff like “we had that one really loud game vs X opponent in 1992”

Might want to check my UT attendance dates there chief, firmly Millennial here. Regardless, you're right I am boring and I'd prefer to watch the game at home now from the comforts of my living room vs. getting my eardrums blown out by endless ads and DJs blaring shitty music. 

Loudest game I've attended was vs. #1 Texas vs. #11 Mizzou in 2008 the week after beating #1 OU. That was a fun night.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Might want to check my UT attendance dates there chief, firmly Millennial here. Regardless, you're right I am boring and I'd prefer to watch the game at home now from the comforts of my living room vs. getting my eardrums blown out by endless ads and DJs blaring shitty music. 

Loudest game I've attended was vs. #1 Texas vs. #11 Mizzou in 2008 the week after beating #1 OU. That was a fun night.

Stadium is consistently louder now than ever before fwiw. Yes there are the games you mentioned that always get mentioned but we are consistently a louder more energized stadium in 2023-2024 than we were 5-10-15 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Welch said:

I can live with or even enjoy the DJ and on-field hosts etc, but fuck whoever decided that crowd shots after every single play are necessary.  Especially at the expense of replays.

Depends on who is in the shot…

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Stadium is consistently louder now than ever before fwiw. Yes there are the games you mentioned that always get mentioned but we are consistently a louder more energized stadium in 2023-2024 than we were 5-10-15 years ago. 

Oh there's no doubt it's a better experience than 5-15 years ago. And getting rid of Cole will only help more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Watched Bob Cole use the ladies room at Shoal Creek Saloon one time because he didn't want to wait for the men's room to be available. This was before the remodel when all they had was a one-holer. Probably left the lid down whilst peeing. smh

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I the only one who completely tunes out announcers on tv or at stadiums?  I couldn’t tell you who the announcers are for 99% of games I watch. I really don’t notice them at all. 

Same here. I don’t notice 95% of the shit people bitch about…

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

I recall he got all pissy on the air after we shitcanned Steve Patterson, voicing his displeasure with the decision.  So probably not a good guy.

He did the same shit when Mackovic was failing and then when he got fired. He’s a been a talentless assclown for forever and was easily the worst part about the gameday experience.  

For the people who have the gift of not noticing the PA announcer, well many of us do, so fuck Bob Cole and fuck you too. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

I would subscribe to your news letter, but it sounds exactly like mine. Best thing I ever did was unplug my center speaker on my surround sound during sporting events. I get all the crowd noise and filed sound without the bullshit talking. 🤘🏼

IMG_1610.gif.ac152b133cca253109c3851fac78faf4.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, landman said:

And looks like they now have 2 "In Game Co-Host".  Because the one idiot last year announcing the first down Texas Fight shit wasn't annoying enough.  Baylor does that shit.  We don't need to celebrate every first down.

This.

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

SMH.  Clearly we are all just a bunch of old men yelling at clouds, but I'll never understand why we don't just have someone to simply announce down and distance and whatever other factual information is warranted at the time without gimmicks or over the top emotion. It's really not that difficult. 

And this.

And having a DJ at a fucking college football game is fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Nobody who already doesn't go to college football games is suddenly going to go because there's a fucking DJ and music on during the timeouts.  That is such a idiot fuck of a notion.

You attract new fans and patrons by putting a good product on the field.  THAT gets their attention.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Get rid of DJ DipShit and you'll have my interest. 

Mute the Jumbotron and you have my attention. 

During timeouts I'll allow PA announcements about how badly OU or Piggie or Aggy is getting stomped. 

That fucking DJ needs to DIAF get gored and trampled. Fuck him. 

You are a benevolent dictator of game day experience 

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Nobody who already doesn't go to college football games is suddenly going to go because there's a fucking DJ and music on during the timeouts.  That is such a idiot fuck of a notion.

You attract new fans and patrons by putting a good product on the field.  THAT gets their attention.

You completely don’t understand the point of all the shit they do within the stadium and this opinion shows 

6 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I have literally had people tell me to my face that they go to games because of the party feel, not because of anything having to do with football.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have literally had people tell me to my face that they go to games because of the party feel, not because of anything having to do with football.

So they were in striking range? 

• Haha 1

I’m curious what BO&W wrote in his original post to collect such neg rep…

Anyway, the new guy may be less annoying than Cole, but be careful what you wish for. All the loud music, the smoke, the flashing LEDs, the drones, etc., the game day experience is moving decidedly away from the traditional, just-the-facts approach.  If that’s what you long for, I suspect you’ll be disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1