Temple @ Oklahoma

Constant

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I don’t get this thread. I’m watching the Astros and flipping back to the OU game. They are up 34-0. How can they look as bad as this thread implies? 

They are not.  And their opponent coughing the ball up 4x isn't exactly hurting OU.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t get this thread. I’m watching the Astros and flipping back to the OU game. They are up 34-0. How can they look as bad as this thread implies? 

Temple has four turnovers, all giving OU a short field 

The OU defense looks good, but Temple's QB is a joke 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fud said:

Temple has four turnovers, all giving OU a short field 

The OU defense looks good, but Temple's QB is a joke 

OU is at 5.5 yards per attempt and 8.2 per completion.

No chunk plays in the air, the ground game is lack luster. Temple is getting consistent push on the OU OL and Temple's QB is a disaster.

This should be on the Ark-ARPB pace if this were the OU from old with the midget at QB...

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

They've had one good run against a shit Temple team.  They get no push up front. Their pass protect is going to be an issue also.  

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

0/10 third down. That line is a mess. Jackson Arnold is not making it through this season healthy. Zero chance. 

It's hard to get a read on their defense because this Temple team is complete shit. But it's easy to see how bad this OU offense is against the same Temple shit team.

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You really don’t want your QB1 averaging 5 yards per pass attempt against Temple.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

OUs game is kinda like that season we beat New Mexico State, 56-7 and set a school record at the time for most yards in a game but we played like shit the entire game and went on to go 8-5 in Mack Brown's last season.

We were down 7-0 most of the first half. Shaggy almost imploded. 

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

6 turnovers and they’ve only out gained Temple by 100 yards. I think their defense is solid but that offense? Woof. 

I wouldn't say their defense is solid, they are playing the worst FBS team in the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Did they just suggest that Gabriel transferred because he thought he was gonna lose his job?

Venables told him there was going to be open competition in the spring. There’s been pretty intense booster pressure and family pressure pushing for Arnold to be the guy. So Gabriel split. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Welp, when Tashard Choice gets head coaching offers this offseason, Stan will be available to come back. 

28 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

dont-you-say-that.gif

I don’t know about head coaching, but he will get coaching offers. I will be amazed if we can keep him another 1-2 years. 

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

OUs game is kinda like that season we beat New Mexico State, 56-7 and set a school record at the time for most yards in a game but we played like shit the entire game and went on to go 8-5 in Mack Brown's last season.

How do you even remember that?  I’ve blocked that decade from my brain. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Right?!

OU was 1-12 on third down. Mind you, playing at home against one of the absolute worst FBS teams. Also had 62 penalty yards and only 378 yards of total offense. This OU team probably isn't very good.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How do you even remember that?  I’ve blocked that decade from my brain. 

Because I was watching the highlights of that game last week. Like I said we set a record for most yards in a game. There were a lot of offensive highlights.