2024 Random Games thread

Just now, mr. sunshine said:

Bama hula guy with a Horns Down cap on while they struggle with USF? I normally root for the Tide but apparently they're rent free now just like aggy

You do realize they are the South Florida Bulls, right?

Not saying it's exactly innovative or anything.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

LSU up 16-14 against Nicholls.

That, seemingly, is always a tough game for LSU because for the Nichols kids it's sort of their Super Bowl.  They normally seem to at least give them a tough half.  

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I’ve never chanted SEC, except sarcastically. 

but in reality, the sec is the best conference and it’s the best by quite a bit. The top tier teams are the best, and there’s the most of them. The mid tier teams as well. 

We get to find out for real with a 12 team playoff there’s actually going to be a lot more comparison between conferences at the end rather than just bowl matchups. 

The most recent playoff had 2 current big ten teams beat 2 current sec teams. 

Both of those team were gutted by turnover since then so it’s not applicable to this year but the SEC being the best by quit a bit is pretty laughable. 

The SEC has had 4 real tests this season and they’re 2-2 in them. UGA over Clemson and Texas over UM today were both strong statements but probably more indictments of the current state of Clemson and UM. LSU and A&M both shit the bed in grand fashion. 

but more to my point, 2 weeks into the new conference and you’re already millimeters away from tiger droppings levels of conference pumping. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, heso said:

The most recent playoff had 2 current big ten teams beat 2 current sec teams. 

Both of those team were gutted by turnover since then so it’s not applicable to this year but the SEC being the best by quit a bit is pretty laughable. 

The SEC has had 4 real tests this season and they’re 2-2 in them. UGA over Clemson and Texas over UM today were both strong statements but probably more indictments of the current state of Clemson and UM. LSU and A&M both shit the bed in grand fashion. 

but more to my point, 2 weeks into the new conference and you’re already millimeters away from tiger droppings levels of conference pumping. 

I'd say its a real stretch to have A&M as a bellwether for a marquee game, but that's me.  (Perhaps LSU as well, but less of a stretch).  

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That, seemingly, is always a tough game for LSU because for the Nichols kids it's sort of their Super Bowl.  They normally seem to at least give them a tough half.  

Wow. Sounds like a Greek fucking tragedy for LSU. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Bama hula guy with a Horns Down cap on while they struggle with USF? I normally root for the Tide but apparently they're rent free now just like aggy

Bro.   There’s still time to delete this 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

I'd say its a real stretch to have A&M as a bellwether for a marquee game, but that's me.  (Perhaps LSU as well, but less of a stretch).  

They were both massively overrated, but I was just looking at top 25 matchups. And A&M was favored in that game. 

Just now, heso said:

They were both massively overrated, but I was just looking at top 25 matchups. And A&M was favored in that game. 

Being favored only means Vegas had to tease a line to get people to bet on it equally, in week one.  That means jack and shit.  

3 minutes ago, heso said:

4584e0359378d2416b40c6f2277eb7d3.jpg

That also, means nothing.  The great thing about college ball is the level of unpredictability.  The appreciable level of difference between teams isn't all that great, with rare exception.  Even then, a team loaded with talent can have a bad one, or just flat be out played by an undermanned squad.  

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That also, means nothing.  The great thing about college ball is the level of unpredictability.  The appreciable level of difference between teams isn't all that great, with rare exception.  Even then, a team loaded with talent can have a bad one, or just flat be out played by a undermanned squad.  

I’m not disagreeing with that. A&M had a chance to prove they were a legit team this season. In typical Aggie fashion, they got their shit pushed in by the leprechauns. LSU was ranked 13th and got beat by usc. All I was saying is that the sec has had 4 chances to prove themselves and only 2 teams delivered. 

B1G is 1-1 in such games. The previously mentioned usc over lsu and um getting fucking curbstomped today. 

Edited by heso