2024 Random Games thread

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

I think it's them and Oregon St, so kind of the PAC 2 at the moment, but at this point all this shit confuses me.  

they play a mountain west schedule, and their instate rivalry next week. outside of that i thought they were in the MW. is there some pac 12 media royalties they split since the others bailed?

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

they play a mountain west schedule, and their instate rivalry next week. outside of that i thought they were in the MW. is there some pac 12 media royalties they split since the others bailed?

that may well be the reason, at this point I honestly have given up on following all the realignment, it's completely out of hand.  I was actually thinking earlier today how cool it would be to go back in the other direction, do things like bring back the old swac.  Not gonna happen, but hey.  

4 hours ago, TOR said:

Counterpoint:  Texas is going to expose the SEC as a bunch of soft pussies.  

You’re fortunate you join the conference when you did.   Those losing-to-Kansas teams would not have done as well.  But we are where we are today - and the future is so bright this year you gotta wear burnt orange lens shades.    

But I’m happy for you guys.   That wandering in the desert bullshit UF and Texas went through gets really wearing after you are used to success.   It looks like we are still wandering. fml

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You’re fortunate you join the conference when you did.   Those losing-to-Kansas teams would not have done as well.  But we are where we are today - and the future is so bright this year you gotta wear burnt orange lens shades.    

But I’m happy for you guys.   That wandering in the desert bullshit UF and Texas went through gets really wearing after you are used to success.   It looks like we are still wandering. fml

If it’s any consolation, Florida St looks like they’re already collapsing, and Miami is coached by an imbecile in Cristobal and will probably get hit with NCAA sanctions at any moment. Just let us have a small handful of recruits in the state 😏

Edited by Sal

36 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I’ve known my wife since high school, so I’ve known my now cousins-in-law since they were kids. These cousins are a big UF family, and one of them in coming to the game with me later this year.

All that to say, they’ve given me so much shit over the last decade and it’s so nice to give it right back. He texted me today “well if y’all can make it out of that hole to be what you are now, it gives me hope”…. I told him to suck it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I’ve known my wife since high school, so I’ve known my now cousins-in-law since they were kids. These cousins are a big UF family, and one of them in coming to the game with me later this year.

All that to say, they’ve given me so much shit over the last decade and it’s so nice to give it right back. He texted me today “well if y’all can make it out of that hole to be what you are now, it gives me hope”…. I told him to suck it. 

Give us his number or email and we'll all pile it on.

Watching the UTEP vs Souhern Utah overtime on my phone.  These ESPN plus games have the absolute worst camera people doing these games.  Also UTEP alt jersey’s with terrible announcers, I had no clue who was who for like 5 minutes.  

Edited by Hook1997
Southern Utah wins