2024 Random Games thread

18 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Drones has a great arm with absolutely no control

I was rooting for a VTech until I learned that Drones is good pals with Shadeur and the Sanders clan. Blow Hurricanes!

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

I was rooting for a VTech until I learned they Drones is pals with Shadeur and the Sanders clan. Blow Hurricanes!

They all are, Cam included.  So that is a push, really.  I hate the canes because of the Cotton Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It also made someone old enough to remember when Michigan wore maize pants — why, oh why would anyone screw with that — smile because, well, fuck everyone who is dismissing 2024 Texas all the way back to Woody Hayes.

"Woody Hayes? Michigan?"

"Forget it, he's rolling."

But back to Woody--oh yeah, he was an asshole all right, but in 1968 he gave us one of the baddest football quotes ever. tOSU was crushing Michigan late in the fourth quarter. With the first string still in, tOSU scored a meaningless touchdown and Woody then kept the offense on the field and instead of kicking the extra point, went for two. After the game, reporters asked why he went for two when he was already up by a score of 50-14. He snapped, "Because I couldn't go for three!" Now, that's the kind of hatred we need on display in Dallas this October. 

However, Woody's quote might not be quite as badass as Bill Bradley's coin-toss quote against aggy. We won the toss and the ref asked Bradley if he wanted to kick or receive. Y'all know what comes next, what Bradley said, but I gotta' say it one more time: "It don't make a shit." Perfection. 

BTW, there's a new book about Bradley coming out next month, "Blue-Eyed Soul Brother--The Versatile Football Life of Super Bill Bradley." The blurb describing the book contains this depressing line: "Today, Bradley is engaged in another struggle, this one with memory loss and other cognitive impairments caused by the many concussions he suffered during his nine-year playing career in the NFL." Hadn't heard about that until now. Damn. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

"Woody Hayes? Michigan?"

"Forget it, he's rolling."

But back to Woody--oh yeah, he was an asshole all right, but in 1968 he gave us one of the baddest football quotes ever. tOSU was crushing Michigan late in the fourth quarter. With the first string still in, tOSU scored a meaningless touchdown and Woody then kept the offense on the field and instead of kicking the extra point, went for two. After the game, reporters asked why he went for two when he was already up by a score of 50-14. He snapped, "Because I couldn't go for three!" Now, that's the kind of hatred we need on display in Dallas this October. 

However, Woody's quote might not be quite as badass as Bill Bradley's coin-toss quote against aggy. We won the toss and the ref asked Bradley if he wanted to kick or receive. Y'all know what comes next, what Bradley said, but I gotta' say it one more time: "It don't make a shit." Perfection. 

BTW, there's a new book about Bradley coming out next month, "Blue-Eyed Soul Brother--The Versatile Football Life of Super Bill Bradley." The blurb describing the book contains this depressing line: "Today, Bradley is engaged in another struggle, this one with memory loss and other cognitive impairments caused by the many concussions he suffered during his nine-year playing career in the NFL." Hadn't heard about that until now. Damn. 

Yeah, fuck Woody Hayes. Why is it surprising that someone who says “fuck Woody Hayes” or wanted Texas’ schedule to look better in 2024 would trend toward Michigan? Especially since Michigan’s 1969 win over his team paved the way for Texas’ championship.

Seems pretty clear to me. Maybe reread for comprehension. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

woof...

va tech fucked that up something fierce.   take the sack.... AND then call Timeout with 25 seconds left???  fuck... let the clock go down to 3 seconds you idiots

They just wanted their kicker to show off the leg.