2024 Random Games thread

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I just don't think anyone in that conference is good. I was embarrassed watching SMU lose to BYU. I felt we were the better team throughout the game and just pissed it away. Now BYU is 5-0, 2-0 in conference and ranked - including a dominating win against a ranked KSU in Manhattan. 

I would be astounded if the semis of the playoffs this season includes a team outside the SEC or B10.

They beat KSU in Provo. I think Avery Johnson is very good and KSU has enough upside to finish in the top 15. If healthy, KSU, Utah, and ISU look like legitimate top 20 teams. I'd give them a 35-40% chance of making the semi-final.

6 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Jeanty rips off a long one for a TD.  Dude is a beast.

dude has 12 TDs 4 games into the season and will be averaging close to 200 ypg & better than 10 ypc. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

They beat KSU in Provo. I think Avery Johnson is very good and KSU has enough upside to finish in the top 15. If healthy, KSU, Utah, and ISU look like legitimate top 20 teams. I'd give them a 35-40% chance of making the semi-final.

Personally I think that's a fucking hysterical take but you do you and we'll see how the season turns out. 

"If healthy"

okay - but - they aren't. It's football. I'm not talking about computer simmed NCAA '25 rosters. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Personally I think that's a fucking hysterical take but you do you and we'll see how the season turns out. 

"If healthy"

okay - but - they aren't. It's football. I'm not talking about computer simmed NCAA '25 rosters. 

They aren't now, but the champion will have a first round bye, regardless. They only have to win a playoff game against a runner up. I would take the Big 12 champ over Michigan if I had to bet today. I wouldn't take them over Alabama, Georgia, or Texas.

2 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I would take the Big 12 champ over Michigan if I had to bet today.

Lol. I wouldn't.

Agree to disagree. Either way I love the new format and I think the rest of the season is going to be a ton of fun. 

Hope you're having a nice Saturday my man. 

"If you win the Big 12 conference you're in to the top 4 with a bye"

Again - not fucking necessarily. Not saying it will happen this season but it can happen. Cincy made the 4 team playoff from the SIXTH best conference. 

I think the overall understanding of how this format works is poor. 

Then again I already thought that most of these guys calling games were fucking dipshits anyway, so.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

That's stupid. 

How is it stupid? Name me the last California football and basketball teams to win a national title. Think SC '04 was the last one. UCLA has one baseball title in that span in '13 - after that you have to go back to Cal State Fullerton in '04 to find another California school just in fucking baseball. Basketball you have to go back past 2000.

They're fucking soft and don't take winning seriously. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How is it stupid? Name me the last California football and basketball teams to win a national title. Think SC '04 was the last one. UCLA has one baseball title in that span in '13 - after that you have to go back to Cal State Fullerton in '04 to find another California school just in fucking baseball. Basketball you have to go back past 2000.

By that same logic the state of texas hasn't won a championship in football since 05, so all texas players are soft and those programs don't take it serious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bevoball said:

By that same logic the state of texas hasn't won a championship in football since 05, so all texas players are soft and those programs don't take it serious. 

Texas played for a title in 09. TCU played for a title in 22. In football.

Baylor won a basketball title in that stretch, Tech played in the title game for basketball in that stretch.  

Baylor and aggy both claimed Heismans in that stretch.

Also - Texas baseball title in 05 - think TCU made the title series since then in baseball. aggy made the title series last season.

California top 3 sports are garbage right now and have been since '04. Texas has been better any way you slice it and easily and with less population.

Edited by ztejas

On 9/27/2024 at 12:56 PM, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m down to watch a bag drag someone and leave skid tracks on the field doing so. 

Yeah, carrying a guy 6+ yards when he has you fully wrapped up is not a Whiff in my opinion. It wasn't like the dude missed, he just got drug and couldn't keep holding on. All time embarrassment there. 

On 9/29/2024 at 12:54 AM, ztejas said:

On 9/29/2024 at 1:16 AM, ztejas said:

Baylor won a basketball title in that stretch, Tech played in the title game for basketball in that stretch.  

Also - Texas baseball title in 05 - think TCU made the title series since then in baseball. aggy made the title series last season.

California top 3 sports are garbage right now and have been since '04. Texas has been better any way you slice it and easily and with less population.

I repeat, this is stupid. The big name California teams have been down. No less so than Texas was between 2010 to 2022 and 1985-1998. That wasn't because the entire state was soft or any such non-sense. Washington has beaten us twice in a row, and you're not going to convince me that the environment in fucking Seattle is substantially different than in LA. 

On 9/28/2024 at 10:44 PM, ztejas said:

I just don't think anyone in that conference is good. I was embarrassed watching SMU lose to BYU. I felt we were the better team throughout the game and just pissed it away. Now BYU is 5-0, 2-0 in conference and ranked - including a dominating win against a ranked KSU in Manhattan. 

I would be astounded if the semis of the playoffs this season includes a team outside the SEC or B10.

I'm still not sure how good this BYU team is, but our defense absolutely shut down SMU. That win is looking better and better for BYU, too. Your coach kept switching QBs to try to get something going. Other than a couple of nice QB runs by your mobile QB2, SMU did very little and scored zero TDs. What evidence do you have that SMU was the better team? 

On 9/29/2024 at 1:16 AM, ztejas said:

Look, I'm all for bashing California. But if we're going to talk about basketball and talk about title game appearances, rather than just titles, you have to include SDSU from 2023.

I'm reasonably certain that San Diego is still in the state of California. 

• Hook 'Em 1