2024 Random Games thread

On 9/29/2024 at 1:16 AM, ztejas said:

Texas played for a title in 09. TCU played for a title in 22. In football.

Baylor won a basketball title in that stretch, Tech played in the title game for basketball in that stretch.  

Baylor and aggy both claimed Heismans in that stretch.

Also - Texas baseball title in 05 - think TCU made the title series since then in baseball. aggy made the title series last season.

California top 3 sports are garbage right now and have been since '04. Texas has been better any way you slice it and easily and with less population.

Texas baseball was also in the CWS final in '09 and lost to LSU, and aggy was there last year. 

NGL, drank a whole lot of Busch longnecks from HEB in the early 90s.  When they were out of Pearl hand grenades.

That's too much for natty light, although it is probably just bud light they are trying to move.

Edited by TOR

Just now, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Shit, this is better than I figured it would be. God I love college football. Much better than the NFL

Tonight is day 1 of 55 days straight of at least one college football game.   Best time of the year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That may be correct about football in general, but not college, at least not D1. 

No, don't think it is all D1, there will be some real dogs in there.  Fine by me, I love MACtion nights.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Where else would you fly into?

I think Midland is the closest practical airport but El Paso to BB is for sure a more appealing trip. 

I mean shit... you can fly into Austin and BB is just 2 hours further than El Paso. (Or SA like @TOR said)

I'd love to check out the Sun Bowl. My dad has a 1960s Sun Bowl watch (like from the bowl game) that I'm hoping is bequeathed to me. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sam Houston (-10, 49.5) at UTEP on CBSSN in 5. 

Kats 4-1, Miners 0-4 

Looks like dollar store Okie St-Tennessee in the Houston Bowl

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Looks like dollar store Okie St-Tennessee in the Houston Bowl

That's fair.  I was thinking classic Tampa Bay vs Browns.  The UTEP sherbet orange is dizzying.