2024 Random Games thread

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

UNLV deserves to lose, missed tackles, Gideoned balls and stupid penalties.

These are two spicy but very flawed teams. Not sure either of them "deserved" to lose tonight. 

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

If they win out and beat Boise State in the MWC CCG they can still make it.

That's what makes this season so fun. I feel like I'm on crack. It doesn't seem like it's set in for 80% of the game-watching public how stupid little games like this can have butterfly effect implications.

That's why I commented in the "bye week" thread on the chart where the guy had 0 games worth watching or whatever. I'm like... dude. I promise you multiple games tomorrow will wind up having CFP bid implications. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's what makes this season so fun. I feel like I'm on crack. It doesn't seem like it's set in for 80% of the game-watching public how stupid little games like this can have butterfly effect implications.

That's why I commented in the "bye week" thread on the chart where the guy had 0 games worth watching or whatever. I'm like... dude. I promise you multiple games tomorrow will wind up having CFP bid implications. 

Yep UNLV actually plays Boise State in the regular season so I guess they should be rooting for Colorado State to win out so they can beat them in their CCG final.

One reason I like the G5 auto bids is it’s makes some of these less games more fun to watch and follow.

After picking the best G5 champ at the end of the season to be in the CFP, I’d wish they’d stage their own 8 team G5 playoff. I would find that far most interesting to watch than a random meatless 3rd tier bowl game.

Army, Navy, North Texas, UNLV, Boise St, James Madison, Eastern Michigan, Liberty, Sam Houston

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Yep UNLV actually plays Boise State in the regular season so I guess they should be rooting for Colorado State to win out so they can beat them in their CCG final.

One reason I like the G5 auto bids is it’s makes some of these less games more fun to watch and follow.

After picking the best G5 champ at the end of the season to be in the CFP, I’d wish they’d stage their own 8 team G5 playoff. I would find that far most interesting to watch than a random meatless 3rd tier bowl game.

Army, Navy, North Texas, UNLV, Boise St, James Madison, Eastern Michigan, Liberty, Sam Houston

Yea the possible Texas, Georgia or Alabama game vs the group of five winner will probably be something where the starters don’t have to play in the second half.  No way they would pick a Sam Houston undefeated or not over Boise or UNLV….  If they did it would be laughable. 

Edited by Hook1997

56 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

ACC honor preserved by Syracuse, beating 2nd string qb at UNLV. 

Was surprised Syracuse defense wasn't better.  UNLV's defensive struggles to get off the field killed them.

Special team play by Syracuse punt team was horrendous...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Really crappy slate of games today. Only top 25 matchup is aggy/Mizzou and it’s a blowout. 

I could be wrong on this, but I'm thinking Auburn vs Georgia is going to be a much closer affair than people or Vegas are thinking.