2024 Random Games thread

Just now, someguy said:

Cal blew the game, no doubt.  Total meltdown.  But there is no reasonable explanation for missing that targeting call.  It is exactly the kind of hit the needs to be taken out of the game of football.  There are so many crappy targeting calls - many of which that are upheld - and here we have one that exemplifies why we have the rule and the ACC refs just decide to look the other way.  Undermines faith in the fairness and integrity of the game.  It wasn't just a bad call.

CFB doesn't really care about taking targeting/helmet to helmet out of the game, especially if it will cost some entity money.  this is all kabuki theater that ironically, was in response to a movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Cal choked and honestly deserved to lose the way they played the last 20 minutes. But they still could have and maybe should have won if the refs don't screw them with that non-call on the textbook targeting. Both things can be and are true. 

Absolutely.  But the call literally cost them the game they had plenty of other chances to win. 

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Absolutely.  But the call literally cost them the game they had plenty of other chances to win. 

Agreed. You work your ass off the whole game and be in that position and THAT'S what happens? Holy crap ... it really does call the objectivity of the refs into question.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was looking at the score for UND-NDSU and wanted to see the top 25 for FCS. I looked it up and saw that 6 of the top 8 are the schools from North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana. Honestly that’s pretty impressive. UND will drop after their loss, but that’s still pretty cool. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, someguy said:

Cal blew the game, no doubt.  Total meltdown.  But there is no reasonable explanation for missing that targeting call.  It is exactly the kind of hit the needs to be taken out of the game of football.  There are so many crappy targeting calls - many of which that are upheld - and here we have one that exemplifies why we have the rule and the ACC refs just decide to look the other way.  Undermines faith in the fairness and integrity of the game.  It wasn't just a bad call.

Had this same conversation while watching the game....

I never thought it was targeting. Shoulder to shoulder on a runner. I'm not sure the helmets even hit. 

Also, I don't think Cal blew the game. Miami's OL blew the first half. OL was ass until mid Q3.

If Cal blew it, it was because they didn't bring extra pressure. Miami is the more talented team, so you can't play them straight up and expect to hold.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Arizona St just takes the lead. Lol Kansas

This is my school now so I’m going to have to say I saw none of the game because I was working. The ASU fans who did I see it got on social media and overwhelmingly said that they couldn’t believe there was a conference that had worse officiating than the PAC-12. Even the new guys know this conference has horrific game officials.

That said, Fork ‘Em Devils! 4-1!

16 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

hands down, this was the best weekend of college football I've ever seen when Texas doesn't play. I was legitimately riveted until 1 in the morning. What a kick ass day.

Started with a really good college game day at 8a... Got to watch my son's HS game between games. Now I'm showering. I footballed today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bolverk said:

How many of "these games" has Tech had? I'm not sure if I've ever seen Tech with a conference game kick-off at 10 pm Central Time.

According to him, any game that goes beyond 11p. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I can't tell if there's just so much parity and we better watch our back, or if we're just the only truly balanced team in the country with top level offense and defense. 

It's possible you're the best team, it's also possible all the teams you've played are bad. As usual, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

23 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Rece Davis is the shittiest lead announcer in America.

what was wrong with his voice last night?  Sounded like it was cracking or he was on the verge of tears or something