2024 Random Games thread

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

First time ever I'm interested in the start of a UNLV football game. New QB looks fast. Probably can't throw but neither could Sluka

Sluka might have played himself.  They don't seem to be missing him at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

We already have a thread for random shitty games 

There are like 7 games worth watching on right now. It helps to try and clean up the clutter in here a bit. 

aggy could be 2-9 and half the board here would still tune in to watch them lose. 

Hawkins can run. We'll have to be buttoned up against the run in 2 weeks

7 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I hate both teams, but I hate aggy more. When Arky beats aggy, I hope an earthquake hits the stadium. 

When aggy loses it's way more entertaining. An OU loss today, especially if it's ugly and they lose even more players, probably helps us more though. 

• Like 1

Final check-in and quick summary of Purdue-Nebraska.
Final score Nebraska 28, Purdue 10

Purdue had a total of 224 yards of offense: 55 on the first drive of the 2nd half (FG) and 75 yards for a TD to bring the game to 28-10.  Before the final drive, they had more penalty yards than offense yards.

Both teams stink.  Purdue stinks more.
I *think* Hudson Card is now the first ex-Longhorn QB with a losing record to Nebraska and he's now 0-2 (at Purdue).

EDIT to add: Card has not improved at all since he left Texas.  Still uses the same spin moves to try to get away from sacks.  Still holds the ball too long.  Still thinks he's faster than everyone else.

Pros:

• Weather was awesome.  73 degrees and overcast during first half; sunny in 2nd half when I was in the shade.
  • Alumni band + entire band halftime show was great.
  • Matt Rhule got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
  • Ticket cost $10.29 including $5.43 of fees.
  • Purdue blocked 2 FGs in first half.
  • 3rd quarter took 28 minutes, 11 of which was commercial timeout

Cons:

• Low level of play all around.
  • Glimpse of hope for Purdue in 2nd half
  • Purdue is slow and small
  • Nebraska fans travel well
  • Got poured on as I walked back to where I was staying.

image.thumb.png.2186eccb3c8327c2b10fa2aacf5954bf.png

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Mark Stoops looks like someone whose underwear is constantly a shade of yellow even if its brand new out of the package fresh on his body.

My wife is constantly saying that people on TV look like they'd have BO or bad breath or chewed up fingernails.

1 minute ago, hookem2010 said:

My wife is constantly saying that people on TV look like they'd have BO or bad breath or chewed up fingernails.

You can tell. Like Dana Holgerson looks like someone who constantly touches his stringy, greasy hair. Garry Patterson looks like someone who smells like sour socks fresh out of the shower. Tom Herman looked like someone who smelled like whiskey and chewing gum at 9 am. Etc.

• Haha 1